Mimi68

May 2017 I-130 for Parents

140 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline
2 hours ago, khrystyna said:

Beneficiary's Marital Information

Q: My mother is the widowed of my father, she has only been married one time (with my father); Should I fill out the section where it says Place of Beneficiary's Current Marriage? or should I live it in blank?

Q: if I leave it in blank, should I provide my father's info under the section of Spouse 1 and enter the date of his deceased in the field that says Date Marriage Ended (mm/dd/yyyy)?

Information about the Beneficiary's family

Q: Should I put deceased next to section 26. Relationship ? e.i. Husband - Deceased?

My mom is also a widow. Under part 4 # 18. I put widower. Left 19 & 20 blank. And under spouse 1 #21 I filled that out with my dad's info and put his day of death as end of marriage 

Filed: Other Timeline
1 hour ago, Mimi68 said:

My mom is also a widow. Under part 4 # 18. I put widower. Left 19 & 20 blank. And under spouse 1 #21 I filled that out with my dad's info and put his day of death as end of marriage 

thanks for information,I  think spouse1 #21 is for current spouse...no?

and also did you put father information in  Beneficiary's Family?

I have a sister...so I put her,me and dad but in line relationship a put husband/deceased.

what do you think?

Timeline
1 hour ago, khrystyna said:

thanks for information,I  think spouse1 #21 is for current spouse...no?

Yes it is, but she never remarried after he died that's why I listed it there

and also did you put father information in  Beneficiary's Family?

No I did not

I have a sister...so I put her,me and dad but in line relationship a put husband/deceased.

what do you think?

That should be fine. I didn't list him as part of the family, but I don't think it'll matter of you did. 

Timeline

So! I called NVC today to ask when it would be appropriate to send my  AOS package and supporting documents. I wanted to know if I had to wait to pay for the IV fee first since it wasn't active on the website even though my AOS was showing up as paid. The agent told me the IV wouldn't be active to pay until my choice of agent was reviewed which could take a couple of weeks. He then asked me who my agent was, when I told him it was me, he told me he would be able to speed up the process by verifying my choice of agent while I was on the phone so I wouldn't have to wait a couple more weeks for it too be done 😊. So he did and said IV fee should be active by next week. Regarding my original reason for the call, I was told we can mail our AOS and supporting documents at anytime as long as we completed choice of agent and paid AOS Fee. We don't need to wait to pay IV fee to mail in Docs.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: England
Timeline
50 minutes ago, Mimi68 said:

So! I called NVC today to ask when it would be appropriate to send my  AOS package and supporting documents. I wanted to know if I had to wait to pay for the IV fee first since it wasn't active on the website even though my AOS was showing up as paid. The agent told me the IV wouldn't be active to pay until my choice of agent was reviewed which could take a couple of weeks. He then asked me who my agent was, when I told him it was me, he told me he would be able to speed up the process by verifying my choice of agent while I was on the phone so I wouldn't have to wait a couple more weeks for it too be done 😊. So he did and said IV fee should be active by next week. Regarding my original reason for the call, I was told we can mail our AOS and supporting documents at anytime as long as we completed choice of agent and paid AOS Fee. We don't need to wait to pay IV fee to mail in Docs.

That’s exactly the position I am in. So we can send the AOS and supporting documents etc BEFOREwe’ve completed and submitted the DS260 ?

Timeline
2 hours ago, Pat Stubbs said:

That’s exactly the position I am in. So we can send the AOS and supporting documents etc BEFOREwe’ve completed and submitted the DS260 ?

Yes.

Timeline
58 minutes ago, Pat Stubbs said:

Yippee 👍

😁. After getting this good news, my mom tells me her passport isn't going to be ready until mid to end of March 😣, so now we wait!  

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: England
Timeline
15 minutes ago, Mimi68 said:

😁. After getting this good news, my mom tells me her passport isn't going to be ready until mid to end of March 😣, so now we wait!  

Oh no, that means you can’t send the AOS etc.....😩

Timeline

Not yet. its not advisable to send the AOS package without the Beneficiaries supporting documents because that can actually cause a delay in your case processing.  

Timeline

updates:

Package mailed to AZ..... 5/10/17
Package received............ 5/11/17
Check cashed.................. 5/15/17
Text NOA1 and USCIS update.. 5/16/17. Receipt # begins with LIN (Nebraska Service Center)

Text NOA2.......... 1/18/18

Text notice of case sent to Dep. of state for visa processing...... 1/22/18

NVC Received Case..... 1/26/18

Case # & IIN Received by phone..... 2/13/18

Form DS-261 completed 2/13/18

AOS Paid..... 2/14/2018

NVC Welcome letter Email Received ..... 2/14/18

AOS Fee shows paid ......2/16/18

Received Email confirmation of choice of agent... 2/24/18

Paid IV Fee..... 2/24/18

Timeline

updates:

Text NOA1 and USCIS update.. 5/16/17. Receipt # begins with LIN (Nebraska Service Center)

AOS Paid..... 2/14/2018

Paid IV Fee..... 2/24/18

IV Fee shows PAID. Application made available..... 2/28/18

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline
On 3/1/2018 at 8:47 PM, Mimi68 said:

updates:

AOS Paid..... 2/14/2018

Paid IV Fee..... 2/24/18

IV Fee shows PAID. Application made available..... 2/28/18

Thanks for sharing . I am still waiting for case number since feb 2

• 4 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.