JayMar2019

Mailing Fiance Visa Packet from Jamaica (TITLE UPDATE!!!), merged

5 posts in this topic

Hi everyone, 

Just a quick question....I'm going to see my fiance next Wednesday and initiallyI was coming back the following Sunday but because we haven't seen each other since January, I want to stay longer. While I'm there, I'm having him sign the letter of intent and getting his passport pictures. I was coming back Sunday because I wanted to file our petition that Monday (overnight) in time to be May filer but with Memorial Day coming thr following week and USCIS moving a lot slower these days, I would be cutting it close.

So my question, particularly to those that have shipped items out of Jamaica, I want to ship the packet on May 18th via Federal Express from Montego Bay. Estimated timeframe of delivery for International Priority is the 19th? Is that accurate, meaning FedEx does ship overnight from Jamaica? The price quote I'm getting is between 70.00-90.00. Just want to be sure before we go this route.

Thanks!

Edited by Penguin_ie

ROC Filing:

4/21/2021 - Sent ROC Package via FedEx

4/22/2021 - FedEx package delivered and signed

5/11/2021 - Check cashed

5/14/2021 - Received NOA1 via mail (NOA1 date: 5/8/2021)

6/9/2021 -  Biometrics waived - Case updated to Fingerprints taken

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

It is not worth the money.  It will get to the US and be inspected by customs before it is delivered.  Express Mail from JA is not the same as uS, it means 7-10 days versus 30 days.

Edited by Pinkrlion

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

My husband fed exd stuff to me from Jamaica a few years back when we were going thru the CR1 process and it took 2 days.  I'm not sure if they improved their shipping process now though.  If they are telling you that they can get it delivered overnight, I would think they could. I wouldn't worry too much. Congratulations and enjoy your trip!

3 minutes ago, neilsqueen said:

My husband fed exd stuff to me from Jamaica a few years back when we were going thru the CR1 process and it took 2 days.  I'm not sure if they improved their shipping process now though.  If they are telling you that they can get it delivered overnight, I would think they could. I wouldn't worry too much. Congratulations and enjoy your trip!

Thank you so much for responding. Not really worried, just want to make sure that they get it for the delivery method I'm paying for so that I get my NOA1 before the month of May runs out.

Thanks so much! We're both excited and ready to start the next steps of our journey together!!! ❤

ROC Filing:

5/11/2021 - Check cashed

23 hours ago, Pinkrlion said:

It is not worth the money.  It will get to the US and be inspected by customs before it is delivered.  Express Mail from JA is not the same as uS, it means 7-10 days versus 30 days.

Wowwwww...really!!!! Thanks for letting me know. I guess I'll have to cut my trip short and come home Sunday so that I can overnight it from here!!! :(

ROC Filing:

5/11/2021 - Check cashed

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.