lucybelle

N-400 May 2017 Filers

2,388 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline
17 minutes ago, laufine said:

Rubya, I really don't want to say that you always worry too much. What are you afraid of? Why you are always in stress and give that negative energy to other people?

Please be relax and have more positive energy. 

thanks anyways 

Edited by rubya

1 hour ago, rubya said:

As you know I am in line fir interview...

I applied for new job, but the employer asked for background check, already done with it, but when I was there they took my 10 fingerprints. As I know backgroynd check just giving them ID and thats it!!!!!, why they took my fingerprints and will that delay my interview???? more stress and worry 

Pre-employment background checks vary depending on the company/industry/role.  Finger prints are becoming more common too for even renting an apartment.  Getting a background check does not work like say a a hard pull on your credit would - the more hard pulls you have the lower it pulls your score.  Having several background checks done is not going to delay the results of another background check at all.  Depending the sources they use to run the background information it can take a different amount of time to get the results.  Sometimes it's a few days, sometimes it's a week or longer.  From what I've read companies that get instant results from databases can often get incorrect or out of date information - like if you were to Google your name it might show someone else with the same name or old information from you a towns property tax registry if you bought a house.

When an organization wants your fingerprint background check for adoption, overseas travel, employment, licensing or housing, it makes the request from a state identification bureau, FBI channeler or the FBI directly itself.  Each state has its own regulations concerning the fingerprint background check. Many require the fingerprint background check for employees who work around children in the education system (a CORI in Massachusetts).

And we aren't even sure @rubya if your background check is what is causing the delay from your interview being scheduled.  If you're in line to be scheduled that usually means your case has gotten to the field office and they haven't gotten to it yet from what I gather.

http://nomoremrsniceguy.blogspot.com/

Our journey:

11th October 2012: APPROVED!

24th February 2012: Biometrics appointment

8th February 2012: Touch

24th January 2012: Biometrics NOA date (received 30th)

19th January 2012: Check cashed by VSC

17th January 2012: NOA date (received 20th)

14th January 2012: ROC delivered via USPS to VSC

13th January 2012: Filed for ROC

Earliest date to remove conditions: Friday, December 2, 2011

9th March 2010: GC in hand

1st March 2010: Interview 8.40am APPROVED!

1st March 2010: EAD arrives, along with daughters US passport

15th January 2010: Biometrics appointment

10th December 2009: Filed for AOS

1 hour ago, lovelyalex said:

Pre-employment background checks vary depending on the company/industry/role.  Finger prints are becoming more common too for even renting an apartment.  Getting a background check does not work like say a a hard pull on your credit would - the more hard pulls you have the lower it pulls your score.  Having several background checks done is not going to delay the results of another background check at all.  Depending the sources they use to run the background information it can take a different amount of time to get the results.  Sometimes it's a few days, sometimes it's a week or longer.  From what I've read companies that get instant results from databases can often get incorrect or out of date information - like if you were to Google your name it might show someone else with the same name or old information from you a towns property tax registry if you bought a house.

When an organization wants your fingerprint background check for adoption, overseas travel, employment, licensing or housing, it makes the request from a state identification bureau, FBI channeler or the FBI directly itself.  Each state has its own regulations concerning the fingerprint background check. Many require the fingerprint background check for employees who work around children in the education system (a CORI in Massachusetts).

And we aren't even sure @rubya if your background check is what is causing the delay from your interview being scheduled.  If you're in line to be scheduled that usually means your case has gotten to the field office and they haven't gotten to it yet from what I gather.

thanks alex 

The picture of informed delivery email been took to oath ceremony letter was august 30th ,,,and my cousin received all mails today except the oath ceremony letter.......she went to local office and told them that she received or mails except this showing them the email....their answer was we cant do anything for you.....they said wait till tomorrow if there is nothing that mean it is lost(((( sleepy postguy dropped it in wrong mailbox as usual))))....she called uscis but the answer was very negative they asked her to wait till 29th and call....any idea what to do ? 

Edited by rubya

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline
5 hours ago, rubya said:

The picture of informed delivery email been took to oath ceremony letter was august 30th ,,,and my cousin received all mails today except the oath ceremony letter.......she went to local office and told them that she received or mails except this showing them the email....their answer was we cant do anything for you.....they said wait till tomorrow if there is nothing that mean it is lost(((( sleepy postguy dropped it in wrong mailbox as usual))))....she called uscis but the answer was very negative they asked her to wait till 29th and call....any idea what to do ? 

That happened to me before

got the mail next day. 

Google drive link:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Q5KGu0jl596_NV6atrShYnR0KXbMClOMCks07uhgESo

Feel free to add yourself 

Naturalization process:

05/16/2017, N-400 delivered 
05/19/2017, E-Notification and check cashed

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline
18 minutes ago, rubya said:

do you think. she will get it tomorrow, shes so sad? 

She's always sad:D 

based on my experience you should. Even if you dont just schedule an info pass and ask them for help. You guys should be fine. It's a normal process and you have nothing to worry about. Worst thing can happen you schedule an info pass and they figure it out. You can always call your state representative if you dont get it next week. They will call your local USCIS on your behalf and solve your problem within hours  my uncle had to leave the country immediately and he applied for Travel document. Since he had to go i called my state representative and she called uscis and emailed me his Bio appointment within a couple hours. The good thing is that shes a permanent resident and lets not forget even if our N-400 is delayed we are still a permanent resident who can freely work and travel. Lets not forget there are many people who wish they were a permanent resident and in our situation. 

Good luck

Edited by Mehrdad576

Google drive link:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Q5KGu0jl596_NV6atrShYnR0KXbMClOMCks07uhgESo

Feel free to add yourself 

Naturalization process:

05/16/2017, N-400 delivered 
05/19/2017, E-Notification and check cashed

do you think if she asks for infopass they will give her the another letter by hand. It is a big problem to send sensetive letters thru post office, always I find my neighbours mails in my mailbox . 

1 minute ago, rubya said:

Any idea which options I need to use when I call USCIS to talk to customer service please ? 

Have you heard of this little thing called Google?

Our journey:

Just now, lovelyalex said:

Have you heard of this little thing called Google?

I know the number 18003755283

I hit 2 and no option to talk to real person 

and I never called them before 

2 minutes ago, rubya said:

I know the number 18003755283

I hit 2 and no option to talk to real person 

and I never called them before 

So why are you asking us if you already know the answer?

Our journey:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.