JBMG

NVC CEAC UPLOAD FILERS - May 2017

317 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

@Finayyy did they keep your original documents? I'm shooting myself in the foot that I didn't get certified copies or order extra originals because they kept long form birth certificate, police clearances, and marriage certificate. In the future we will probably need those? Like for employment, or the bank... I'm hoping they give them back at POE?

Did this happen to you?

16 minutes ago, K&Kir said:

@Finayyy did they keep your original documents? I'm shooting myself in the foot that I didn't get certified copies or order extra originals because they kept long form birth certificate, police clearances, and marriage certificate. In the future we will probably need those? Like for employment, or the bank... I'm hoping they give them back at POE?

Did this happen to you?

No they took my copies of the marriage, birth certificate and the original police clearance. I wonder if they thought it was copies. You can email them and ask if they will mail it back along with your passport

ROC

5/3/19 - Dropped package at UPS

5/6/19 - UPS ship package

5/7/19 - Package is delivered

5/10/19 - NOA1 Issued

5/13/19 - Check is cashed

5/14/19 - NOA1 received in the mail

5/24/19 - Biometrics Appointment letter received

6/4/19 - Biometrics appointment

6/6/19 - Case is updated online with "Fingerprint Review Was Completed"

5/5/20 -  Case is updated online with "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview"

1/19/21 - Appointment to get passport stamped

Timeline

Update: Interview was this past Monday, it is now THURSDAY and I just picked up the passport with the visa inside.  They also sent back the original marriage certificate and original birth certificate back. :D They also included some papers with information on it that I will find useful.

38 minutes ago, K&Kir said:

Update: Interview was this past Monday, it is now THURSDAY and I just picked up the passport with the visa inside.  They also sent back the original marriage certificate and original birth certificate back. :D They also included some papers with information on it that I will find useful.

Great to hear.

I suspect they held onto your original documents because they had to make copies of it or to verify it's authenticity. Did you have photocopies of your original documents when you went to your interview?

ROC

5/10/19 - NOA1 Issued

5/5/20 -  Case is updated online with "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview"

Timeline

@Finayyy  We did have copies, however they called our number so fast that my spouse was a little frazzled and forgot to hand over copies of everything.  This is probably why.

Everybody else, I posted my MONTREAL REVIEW today. Check it out: http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/index.php?trim=no&cty=&cnty=&page=1&dfilter=5&topic= 

Finayy, I also followed your advice, as well as the paper they sent with passport, and set up an account and paid the fee.  We wont be crossing until next month, so I wont be updating on that for some time.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline
On 5/1/2017 at 2:33 PM, JBMG said:

Welcome to first thread dedicated to NVC filers using "Method 1: Upload documents online using CEAC

!!!!!Only applies to newly assigned cases!!!!! (Assuming from MAY 1??)

If your NVC case number begins with one of the following prefixes:

BNS        FRN        HNK       MTL       RDJ         SYD

And your visa category is:

IR1          IR2          IR5          CR1        CR2        F1           F2A        F2B         F3           F4          

Scan and save your financial forms and evidence, civil documents, and translations. Then upload them to your CEAC account online. (CEAC is the Consular Electronic Application Center where you also pay your fees and complete your Form DS-260 visa application.) Instructions and more information are on our Managing Your IV Case Onlinepage.

If processing by regular mail, head over to that thread. 

If processing by email, head over to that thread.

Following text was created by dswheels76.

Please read everything below and refer to it throughout your NVC journey, whether this is your first month at NVC or your third. :bonk:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Before posting questions, please read the wikiSaylin wrote on the NVC process here. Once you're done, read it one or two more times to really understand it ;)Don't forget to also read the official form instructions as well as USCIS and NVC's websites!

If you want to see a visual of the NVC process, please view Saylin's flowchart here.

Yes this thread was created by our great Queen Saylin and the knowledge is still going forward. This thread I pray stays alive and well as many who have gone through the process or still going can chime in and help and assist.

If you're wondering about time frames, look at the fellow members right here in this thread! Study their signatures/timelines and make notes. VJ also has this awesome page. Use it! I sure did during my process smile.png That means if you are on this thread WE expect you to have an up to date timeline.

And once you've got a case complete, please join the case complete/interview thread started by, Dwheels76 on (currently May 2017 thread),

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/633307-case-complete-to-interview-june-2017

So I am wondering, we got married in Albania where I come from but i live in Germany for over 9 years now. Where do you think I would have to do the Interview, Germany or Albania?

Im so hoping Germany.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
2 hours ago, kubes said:

So I am wondering, we got married in Albania where I come from but i live in Germany for over 9 years now. Where do you think I would have to do the Interview, Germany or Albania?

Im so hoping Germany.

Germany. :-)

5 hours ago, JBMG said:

Hello am from HK case just got approved Aug 31 and we are gonna call NVC mid week.

Just wondering if NVC will send notification to petitioner or beneficiary and at what time frame since the letter did mention they will contact the beneficiary for next steps... (notificaiton to petitioner first and then package to beneficiary? Or email to both? Is it a letter or a package to petitioner? )

And I'm not sure if it's a definite CEAC for HK omg i'm so nervous and i hope we can use this new system...

Edited by Nattie_Bry

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline
14 hours ago, JBMG said:

OMG that's what I was hoping to hear since FRN is one of the embassies with the new process. That would be so awesome. Thank you for giving me hope again and thank you so much for all the work you are doing for us. You are helping a lot of people. Respect.

Timeline

Quick question regarding W2s...

I have my consulate interview on Thursday, September 14th.  The consulate has requested that I bring my husband's 2016 W2, as they said it was incomplete in the NVC uploading process.  Is there a second portion of the W2 that I am not aware of?  I uploaded the portion that you send it with your federal taxes, and it was accepted despite being labelled as "incomplete".

My husband's 2016 income included significant income from investments, which of course is not reflected on a W2.  I have a copy of the 1099-B to bring to the interview, but just want to make sure I am not missing a needed portion of a W2.

Timeline

Hi everyone - I was wondering if anyone has received their plastic green card yet and if so, how long that took after you entered the US? Also, although I am not actually moving to US for another few months, I want to get the border crossing done so that I can get the physical green card sooner. I live in Toronto and I do not have a car. My plan is to bus to the nearest US/Canada bridge and walk across the bridge to do the entry to US. Once completed, I plan to bus back to Toronto on same day. Do you expect I would encounter any problems with this? Could the border agent deny me entry since I plan to return to Canada immediately after and do the real move with all my belongings a few months later. Appreciate any assistance on this. Thank you! 

45 minutes ago, Toronto88 said:

Hi everyone - I was wondering if anyone has received their plastic green card yet and if so, how long that took after you entered the US? Also, although I am not actually moving to US for another few months, I want to get the border crossing done so that I can get the physical green card sooner. I live in Toronto and I do not have a car. My plan is to bus to the nearest US/Canada bridge and walk across the bridge to do the entry to US. Once completed, I plan to bus back to Toronto on same day. Do you expect I would encounter any problems with this? Could the border agent deny me entry since I plan to return to Canada immediately after and do the real move with all my belongings a few months later. Appreciate any assistance on this. Thank you! 

- My interview was June 30. 

- Crossed over July 15 by plane

- returned June 16 by car (yep next day)

- reentered into the US twice between June and July

- moved permanently Aug 18 (came back by bus)

- received new SSN the week of Aug 28

- received green card early Sept

ROC

5/10/19 - NOA1 Issued

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.