kiran

Divorce for indians in usa

3 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi,

We are Indians staying in USA require divorce due to some reasons and I would like to know can we file and get divorce in USA or have to go back to India.

If so what is the procedure?

and what all the benifits that wife and children can expect from the husband?

As I am unemployed with two infants along with me but have H1 visa to work in USA.

If I go back to India then my stamping will be a problem.So can I file for divorce in USA?

Then what about children will they stay with me or not?

thanks

Hi,

if you want help you need to give more information about you and your case.....and what visas do you have, are you a conditional permanent resident? what type of green card do you have?

did you marry an american citizen? is he indian too? did you marry in india or US?

how long have you been married?

as i said, you need to send more information

good luck

Hi,

We are Indians staying in USA require divorce due to some reasons and I would like to know can we file and get divorce in USA or have to go back to India.

As I am unemployed with two infants along with me but have H1 visa to work in USA.

If I go back to India then my stamping will be a problem.So can I file for divorce in USA?

thanks

Permanent resident with10 year greencard 

Attention while reading the OP - she said clearly she and her husband are both from India but currently residing in the States.

SHe has H1 visa. Their two kids are with them. SHe wants to know if she can get a divorce from her husband in the States or go to India and do it there.

If she can do it in the States, what would the procedure be....

To the OP: you might want to contact your embassy and ask them re: divorce. Based on their answers you will know what steps to take next. I'm not sure if family law lawyer would be of assistance, but it wouldn't hurt to look one up in the area where you live.

Best of luck to you!

Hi,

if you want help you need to give more information about you and your case.....and what visas do you have, are you a conditional permanent resident? what type of green card do you have?

did you marry an american citizen? is he indian too? did you marry in india or US?

how long have you been married?

as i said, you need to send more information

good luck

Hi,

thanks

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.