purplecate

Halp! Dutch police certificate!

31 posts in this topic

You can check on how to acquire police certificate from Netherlands online according to the DoS - Bureau of Consular Affairs website.  https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/fees/reciprocity-by-country/NL.html.

Translation is apparently not necessary as there's already an English version on the bottom part. 

Good luck! :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline
4 hours ago, Cat Lee said:

Please help!:huh:

I have studied in the Netherlands before, and I need a police certificate from there.

Is it gonna be written in Dutch? (if so, I need English translation right)

How long did it take? 

What's the procedure?

I appreciate sooo much if anyone could help me out.

Cheers!:wub:

im confused your flag is japan, are you going to do your interview at the amsterdam embassy, then it should be fine in dutch, when you get your police record in the Netherlands you request the VOG ( bewijs van goed gedrag) and then you request it specificly for the us ambesy and they will know what to put in it, and in what format.

Howerevr if you only lived here temporarely and need it for the japan embassy then you might need one that is slightly diferent you would have to look at the site of the japan embassy. they all have there own rules.

Edited by David&Femke

7 hours ago, David&Femke said:

im confused your flag is japan, are you going to do your interview at the amsterdam embassy, then it should be fine in dutch, when you get your police record in the Netherlands you request the VOG ( bewijs van goed gedrag) and then you request it specificly for the us ambesy and they will know what to put in it, and in what format.

Howerevr if you only lived here temporarely and need it for the japan embassy then you might need one that is slightly diferent you would have to look at the site of the japan embassy. they all have there own rules.

Thanks for replying and sorry for the contusion! 

I have studied in NL for 3 yesrs in the past, but no longer live there. I am Japanese, living in Tokyo and wanna go to US next year.

Dutch embassy in Japan don't have information about police certificate on their website. 

I wonder if it might take for a few months for me to receive it after applying. 

Also I couldn't search information how long its gonna be valid. 

Timeline

i dont think it will expire aspecially sinds you dont live here anymore.

I would make shure if you might need a full trancelation, the one you can get here is good enough for the amsterdam embassy but we are allowed to bring dutch documents withouth trancelation here.

Here is the webside of the US embasys and counselats in Japan https://jp.usembassy.gov/

You need to find out what embassy you will need to go for your interview, and then look at there site, sometimes they have a checklist there on what you are supose to bring to the interview and what format it needs to be in.

When you know then you can request the VOG in that format, if you know what you need for the japan ambassy, but you runn in to some difficulty finding your way on the dutch goverment sites, you can PM me and i can help you navegate or trancelate ( the website i mean, im not a sertified trancelater, but i can help you with dutch)

Timeline
9 hours ago, SaRy said:

this site is for canada do you know if that is good to use for every country? sometimes they are spesific, have you used that in marocco?

6 minutes ago, David&Femke said:

i dont think it will expire aspecially sinds you dont live here anymore.

I would make shure if you might need a full trancelation, the one you can get here is good enough for the amsterdam embassy but we are allowed to bring dutch documents withouth trancelation here.

Here is the webside of the US embasys and counselats in Japan https://jp.usembassy.gov/

You need to find out what embassy you will need to go for your interview, and then look at there site, sometimes they have a checklist there on what you are supose to bring to the interview and what format it needs to be in.

When you know then you can request the VOG in that format, if you know what you need for the japan ambassy, but you runn in to some difficulty finding your way on the dutch goverment sites, you can PM me and i can help you navegate or trancelate ( the website i mean, im not a sertified trancelater, but i can help you with dutch)

I thought the VOG form is in English since the website was not in Dutch.. So, I need to fill in 6 pages that's written in Dutch..

Yeees I would love to get your help...! I will message you when I have questions. Dank je well!

The police certificate I will receive gonna be Dutch as well, right? I think every document has to be in English.. so I need to get translation for it too..agh

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
17 minutes ago, David&Femke said:

this site is for canada do you know if that is good to use for every country? sometimes they are spesific, have you used that in marocco?

I'm not sure, but here's something better (official website of the Dutch Ministry of Justice) :) 

https://www.justis.nl/producten/vog/certificate-of-conduct/

Edited by SaRy

~~~

Timeline
47 minutes ago, Cat Lee said:

I thought the VOG form is in English since the website was not in Dutch.. So, I need to fill in 6 pages that's written in Dutch..

Yeees I would love to get your help...! I will message you when I have questions. Dank je well!

The police certificate I will receive gonna be Dutch as well, right? I think every document has to be in English.. so I need to get translation for it too..agh

yes just sent me what ever you need tracelated and ill do it for you as soon as i can:-)
just remeber that it is for your own use im not sertified or anything

If that is easy to get and you know how i can get sertified though

Edited by David&Femke

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

We had to apply for a VOG for my husband (lived in NL for 3+ years). I remember the VOG application being a bit overwhelming given it's length, but most of it can be skipped (not relevant for immigration purposes). There is an English application available here: https://www.justis.nl/binaries/Aanvraagformulier VOG NP (English) - 2.2_tcm34-84796.pdf

As mentioned above, the one page document (in Dutch) has a box at the bottom which states in English something to the effect of "person has no criminal record blah blah blah showed good conduct in the Netherlands". From application to receipt of the form I think it took around five weeks (we are in Sweden though, so a shorter post time). 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.