environlady

Ghana Embassy Contact and Interview Reschedule

15 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: Ghana
Timeline

Hello,

I am having issues  contacting the Ghana embassy about rescheduling our interview. The embassy website says you will receive an automated email acknowledging our email has been received I have however not been not received the automated response with any of th emails I am sending and I have not received a response either on my inquiry. The numbers listed on the website do not get you to speak to an actual person concerning immigrant visas. Does anyone have any success or experience with rescheduling an immigrant visa interview that can provide me with some info? We do not have the interview letter yet , they called the beneficiary and told her the interview date.

Also my search on here, I found out that some people are able to go in person with CEAC update and are successful at getting scheduled has anyone have such experience recently where they were allowed inside the embassy with that info? My benefiiciary would have to travel from Kumasi and I wanted be sure there is a high chance that would be successful.

Thanks!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

What kind of visa are you petitioning for? If it's an I-130, your interview will be scheduled through the NVC not the embassy. You can call the NVC to find out if they have scheduled an interview or you can wait for an email to arrive in your inbox. 

Edited by O&GForever

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

From what I know u can print out CAEC update and sent it to the embassy on Wednesday morning and they wil ask you to back at 2:00pm on the same day for your letter indicating the interview date. I personally did not wait for any letter. I went ahead and schedule my interview online after making my visa fee payment and filling out the ds-160 form.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
22 hours ago, tcotez said:

From what I know u can print out CAEC update and sent it to the embassy on Wednesday morning and they wil ask you to back at 2:00pm on the same day for your letter indicating the interview date. I personally did not wait for any letter. I went ahead and schedule my interview online after making my visa fee payment and filling out the ds-160 form.

that's not for IR/CR-1 category.

even K-1 applicants now schedule interview online.

(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)

CR- 1

Interview :  11/15/2016

Result: AP  (form 221 (g))

Correspondence with Embassy: Tons of emails, Facebook posts, tweets, Congressman inquiry

Complaint letter with OIG : 12/29/2016

Case dispatched to diplomatic pouch : 01/11/2017

Case dispatched from diplomatic mail service to NVC : 01/23/2017

Case arrived at NVC: 01/26/2017

NVC sent case to USCIS : 02/09/2017 (system update)

Case receive by USCIS (text & email notification): 03/07/2017

Reaffirm Petition Timeline for folks in GHANA.. Please update your information..Thank you!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k0NXnbJdyEIRR1_Dr4t3yXmsM0tBbq-tZsj0-o3cMV0/edit?usp=sharing

Timeline
22 hours ago, tcotez said:

that's not for IR/CR-1 category.

even K-1 applicants now schedule interview online.

since OP is petitioning for parents then the interview date will be received from NVC not the embassy

(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)

CR- 1

Interview :  11/15/2016

Result: AP  (form 221 (g))

Correspondence with Embassy: Tons of emails, Facebook posts, tweets, Congressman inquiry

Complaint letter with OIG : 12/29/2016

Case dispatched to diplomatic pouch : 01/11/2017

Case dispatched from diplomatic mail service to NVC : 01/23/2017

Case arrived at NVC: 01/26/2017

NVC sent case to USCIS : 02/09/2017 (system update)

Case receive by USCIS (text & email notification): 03/07/2017

Reaffirm Petition Timeline for folks in GHANA.. Please update your information..Thank you!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k0NXnbJdyEIRR1_Dr4t3yXmsM0tBbq-tZsj0-o3cMV0/edit?usp=sharing

Timeline

We already have an appointment scheduled and I am asking to reschedule. NVC does not grant rescheduling request it has to be done through the embassy. THis is an IR 5 for a parent. I am just trying to get information on the best way to get in touch with embassy since my emails have not been replied.

Timeline

Let the beneficiary take the current interview letter to the embassy in person and ask to be rescheduled. Wen they give you your interview date, they always tell you to inform them immediately if you can't attend the interview on that day so they will reschedule you. With that letter they will allow you access into the embassy.

Timeline
12 hours ago, 684117 said:

Yes

Thank you so much, then let's see what happens on Wednesday, My wife receieved a call from the embassy to come on wednesday for her package

12 hours ago, 684117 said:

Yes

Timeline

Yes is Wednesdays and the packet it picked at 2pm but you will have to drop your email that they sent you in the morning 7am and go and come back 2pm for the pack. But if is a call she need to get a paper and write it in a form of letter by stating when they called her and her case number and has fon number. If she did not write it and go they will return her to go and do that so take note.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/14/2017 at 0:47 PM, bravagreen said:

Yes is Wednesdays and the packet it picked at 2pm but you will have to drop your email that they sent you in the morning 7am and go and come back 2pm for the pack. But if is a call she need to get a paper and write it in a form of letter by stating when they called her and her case number and has fon number. If she did not write it and go they will return her to go and do that so take note.

No need to go in the morning, just show them the email and they will let you in, once you are in you will be the last person to be called if you didn't register in the morning. so your options are either to go twice to the embassy AM and PM on Wednesday or just go PM and wait longer. I chose to wait longer instead of going twice. 

Timeline
14 minutes ago, 684117 said:

No need to go in the morning, just show them the email and they will let you in, once you are in you will be the last person to be called if you didn't register in the morning. so your options are either to go twice to the embassy AM and PM on Wednesday or just go PM and wait longer. I chose to wait longer instead of going twice. 

Is the embassy instruction to come in the morning and register so they prepare your letter. The letters are not prepared unless you go and register. You can't take your own instructions to the embassy but follow theirs. You don't do as they ask you to and they will push your data back to next 3 months again and give yours to someone. So please wait to you get the email and read the instructions before you advice on this issue. Most of us have received the instructions and know how it goes.

24 minutes ago, bravagreen said:

Is the embassy instruction to come in the morning and register so they prepare your letter. The letters are not prepared unless you go and register. You can't take your own instructions to the embassy but follow theirs. You don't do as they ask you to and they will push your data back to next 3 months again and give yours to someone. So please wait to you get the email and read the instructions before you advice on this issue. Most of us have received the instructions and know how it goes.

The email I received had no instructions at all, they just asked me to appear at 2 PM for my letter. When I went the security asked if I registered earlier and i said NO. he then checked the email and let me in. 

Once in I was asked again if I registered and I said I wasn't told to, so the lady said then it'll take about 30 mins and asked me to sit, 25 mins later she appeared with my package.

My interview date was the same of all those who received their package that day, who were registered in the morning. 

Timeline
On 4/26/2017 at 5:31 AM, 684117 said:

The email I received had no instructions at all, they just asked me to appear at 2 PM for my letter. When I went the security asked if I registered earlier and i said NO. he then checked the email and let me in. 

Once in I was asked again if I registered and I said I wasn't told to, so the lady said then it'll take about 30 mins and asked me to sit, 25 mins later she appeared with my package.

My interview date was the same of all those who received their package that day, who were registered in the morning. 

Thank you my mom was able to get her package today. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.