6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

Hello, does anyone have any experience with the requirements for the affidavit of Support form I-134... particularly the supporting documentation, has anyone not included the bank letter? I have my employment letter, 3 years of tax returns and my recent W-2, would that be enough or do I need to include the bank letter as well? It's a little more complicated for me to obtain that letter so I wanted to check with anyone who's gone through this process if they have not included the bank letter and if it hasn't been a problem. 

Thanks in advance!

If your income is over 125% of the poverty guideline, it's fine if you don't include it. I'm saying 125% because when it gets to the I-864 for AOS, they are looking for a minimum of 125% and not 100%. So best be prepared in advance :) 

For my I-129F, K-1, AOS, EAD, AP and ROC detailed timelines, please refer to my timeline page :)

ROC filed on December 1, 2020, assigned to SRC, approved within 106 days on February 18, 2021.

My sincerest gratitude to all VJers, especially the late geowrian.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I have the same concern, my fiance makes over 125% requirement but he only has about $2,000 in a bank account. Does the C.O still consider $2,000 is a small amount of money?... 

K1 VISA TIMELINE:

11/09/16 --- I-129F mailed to Lewisville, TX
11/12/16 --- Delivered at Dallas Lock Box

11/16/16 --- NOA1 Date on hard copy notice

11/17/16 --- NOA1 Text and Email. Case sent to CSC

11/26/16 --- NOA1 hard copy received

03/16/17 --- NOA2 - 4 months of waiting 

03/25/17 --- NOA2 hard copy received

04/03/17 --- Case number received (18 days)

04/05/17 --- Case number sent to US Consular in HCM city

04/10/17 --- Case is ready (5 days shipping)

05/03/17--- Vaccination & Medical Exam

05/22/17--- Interview APPROVED! YAY!!!

05/24/17--- Visa was issued

05/27/17--- Visa in hand

06/16/17--- POE San Francisco

06/30/17--- Got married.

AOS TIMELINE:

08/25/17--- Sent AOS application to Chicago, IL

08/28/17--- Delivered.

09/??/17--- NOA1 Date on hard copy

Timeline
15 hours ago, KULtoATL said:

If your income is over 125% of the poverty guideline, it's fine if you don't include it. I'm saying 125% because when it gets to the I-864 for AOS, they are looking for a minimum of 125% and not 100%. So best be prepared in advance :) 

Great thank you! My income is above the 125% 

• 4 weeks later...

You really shouldn't worry about it. Your employment letter stating how much you make a year should suffice (if it is 125% over the poverty guideline for your state, that is), along with the rest of the documentation you've prepared. We never included a bank letter since it wouldn't really be in our interest to do so and were fine. I'm afraid my answer is a bit too late, just wanted to give you a heads up, in case others have the same question.

Timeline
6 hours ago, kris.n said:

You really shouldn't worry about it. Your employment letter stating how much you make a year should suffice (if it is 125% over the poverty guideline for your state, that is), along with the rest of the documentation you've prepared. We never included a bank letter since it wouldn't really be in our interest to do so and were fine. I'm afraid my answer is a bit too late, just wanted to give you a heads up, in case others have the same question.

Thank you for the info! I sent all my paperwork to my fiancé so he is ready for the interview, whenever that time comes :D we're still waiting for NOA 2. 

I noticed either you or your fiancé is from Bulgaria? I would love to find out how the interview went and what all they requested for the interview, if you have time :) I would really appreciate it! I've been looking for any info but no one recent has gone through the interview in Sofia. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.