k1-2016

April 2017 AOS Filers

2,030 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Omoba said:

Day 86 and still no update. I think the processing for April filers is pretty slow. I already put in a SR a couple days ago, and so far, I still haven't gotten any update. 

I tried to search for my congressman, but I'm not getting any result. Who resides in Houston, Texas (Harris county), and knows who the congressman is?

Waiting feels like forever 😐. I refresh the uscis website every single hour of the day. I'm tired of not being able to work, It sometimes feels like it's never going to come.

I'm tired of even applying for jobs ahead of time, as I keep telling potential employers I'm still expecting my EAD. Sometimes, I tell some I have it already, just so they won't just pull the plug like others, but the moment they start showing more interest earlier than expected,  then I pull the plug myself,  by telling them I'm not available to start immediately because I'm on vacation.

"Akunamatata" is what my wife says to me every morning on her way to work, and I just try to force out a fake smile.

I know it will happen, but the question is, WHEN? 

Hello Omoba, I am from Houston too 😣

Today I reached the Day 97. Last Wed (Day 90) I called USCIS and it seems that my SR has not been assigned to any team to process it.

It's frustrating, my husband was laid off yesterday, I feel so desperate, I was told that timeline average changed ... now is 120, no 90 days. so after 120 days the congressman would be reached out to escalate cases... however today we are going to investigate how to talk to him.

😯🤐😯🤐😯😌😫😌😫😌😫😌😪😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😟😟😟😟😟😔😔😔😔😔🙁🙁🙁🙁🙁🤐🤐😯😯😯😭😭😭

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
32 minutes ago, MAYNYCFiler2017 said:

Gm bro I am in the same 🚣 82 days, already did a SR msg I got bck is that " my EAD is not assigned for processing" and so the waiting game continues day in day out. Lets continue to be hopeful that this will be over soon. My wife also tells me not to worry.

😊😊😊😊

Timeline
21 minutes ago, Ninatica said:

Hello Omoba, I am from Houston too 😣

Today I reached the Day 97. Last Wed (Day 90) I called USCIS and it seems that my SR has not been assigned to any team to process it.

It's frustrating, my husband was laid off yesterday, I feel so desperate, I was told that timeline average changed ... now is 120, no 90 days. so after 120 days the congressman would be reached out to escalate cases... however today we are going to investigate how to talk to him.

😯🤐😯🤐😯😌😫😌😫😌😫😌😪😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😟😟😟😟😟😔😔😔😔😔🙁🙁🙁🙁🙁🤐🤐😯😯😯😭😭😭

Changed? I didn't know that the timeline changed already.. this is not a good news at all. March filers have been getting approved since the last week in May and this is july. 😐😐😐😐

Timeline
13 hours ago, sinayion said:

I literally just got off the phone with the rudest, and most incompetent Tier 2 officer.

I stated (and I was as courteous as possible):

- I am on a L1 visa

- AOS is done via marriage to a USC

- I have a pending job offer with a different company

- I filed my AOS/I-765 in April

- I filed the I-131 (AP) in May, because my lawyer did not tell me I would need it for a trip in September

- I asked if I could have extra info on the I-765 for the adjudicating officer, so they know I have a pending i-131, so I'd get a combo card instead of two separate cards

He kept repeating:

- I should book an infopass and request an extension on my work permit. Which is impossible, since a L1 visa locks you in a specific employer. I had to repeat the same sentence three times before he would actually listen and understand

- Currently, NBC is processing I-765 forms as of 2nd March 2017. When I mentioned that the processing time page contradicts him (18th March 2017, as of 31st May 2017), he said "I'm right, they are wrong"

- A job offer is not a valid reason to ever expedite anything. When I stated "what about paying a mortgage?", he was puzzled. I reminded him I live in this country with a USC: "oh, that might do it"

- About my question to just notify the I-765 adjudicating officer about my pending I-131, his response was, word for word "well, if you apply at the same time, you get a combo card. Did you apply at the same time?"

I thanked him for his time, finished the call, and then swore so damn loudly in my work meeting room, I may have scared people back in England.

I think he's right about the processing time as of 31st of may.. I just checked the uscis website and the NBC processing time for i765 as of 31st of May is March 2nd. It was March 18th before but it was updated again yesterday. 

7 hours ago, hommeaetage said:

I checked my email, nothing....

Ah.. I see, probably best to call them and find out the outcome of the SR.

One last question, when you first submitted the SR online, did you receive an automated email confirming that you have submitted the SR? I'm asking because if you did not receive that email, maybe you've entered the email incorrectly. The email is titled 'USCIS Service Request Confirmation'. Maybe check the junk/spam folder too in case it ended up there. 

I hope that once you call them, you receive good news. Good luck!

Edited by Flower1

5 minutes ago, Omoba said:

I think he's right about the processing time as of 31st of may.. I just checked the uscis website and the NBC processing time for i765 as of 31st of May is March 2nd. It was March 18th before but it was updated again yesterday. 

Thanks for the update Omoba.

That still makes it exactly 90 days between 2nd of March and 31st of March, so we should all be receiving updates by now on our EAD...most of us have reached day 90 or are beyond that already... uff. I have an InfoPass appointment tomorrow, I hope to get some new insights on my EAD status (last time I checked with InfoPass, a couple of weeks ago, it was on 'background check')

Timeline
11 minutes ago, Flower1 said:

Thanks for the update Omoba.

That still makes it exactly 90 days between 2nd of March and 31st of March, so we should all be receiving updates by now on our EAD...most of us have reached day 90 or are beyond that already... uff. I have an InfoPass appointment tomorrow, I hope to get some new insights on my EAD status (last time I checked with InfoPass, a couple of weeks ago, it was on 'background check')

Background check? Was that after your i485 was ready to be scheduled for an interview or before?

silent follower sharing her timeline now that 90 days have passed and nerves are settling in: 

Filed I-485/I-130/I-765

No RFE

April 19- Case Received 

May 16- Biometrics Appointment 

June 21- Interview Ready to be Scheduled for Interview 

July 18- 90 Days/ filed service request for EAD 

July 19- Interview Scheduled/ August 23, 2017 

Currently, have a job waiting for me to get my EAD... 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Haiti
Timeline
2 hours ago, Flower1 said:

One last question, when you first submitted the SR online, did you receive an automated email confirming that you have submitted the SR? I'm asking because if you did not receive that email, maybe you've entered the email incorrectly. The email is titled 'USCIS Service Request Confirmation'. Maybe check the junk/spam folder too in case it ended up there. 

When I did my first SR (the one still pending ), it was online. However I called them for the 2nd one. My theory is the the officer on the phone mistyped my email address. Nevertheless, I'm going to call them today and find out what happen

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Wales
Timeline
3 hours ago, Omoba said:

Day 86 and still no update. I think the processing for April filers is pretty slow. I already put in a SR a couple days ago, and so far, I still haven't gotten any update. 

I tried to search for my congressman, but I'm not getting any result. Who resides in Houston, Texas (Harris county), and knows who the congressman is?

Waiting feels like forever 😐. I refresh the uscis website every single hour of the day. I'm tired of not being able to work, It sometimes feels like it's never going to come.

I'm tired of even applying for jobs ahead of time, as I keep telling potential employers I'm still expecting my EAD. Sometimes, I tell some I have it already, just so they won't just pull the plug like others, but the moment they start showing more interest earlier than expected,  then I pull the plug myself,  by telling them I'm not available to start immediately because I'm on vacation.

"Akunamatata" is what my wife says to me every morning on her way to work, and I just try to force out a fake smile.

I know it will happen, but the question is, WHEN? 

You're going to need to work out which district you're in within Harris County, as it appears they're all represented by a different congressman/congresswoman.

Districts 2, 7, 9, 10, 18, 22, and 29 all fall within Harris County.

Edited by Beefheart

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Wales
Timeline

District 2: Ted Poe (Atascosita, Baytown, Crosby, Dayton, Huffman, Humble, Kingwood, La Porte, eastern Sheldon, Spring)
District 7: John Culberson (West Houston, Memorial Villages, Bellaire, West University Place, west and northwest areas of county)
District 9: Al Green (no, not that Al Green) (Alief, Southwest Houston, Houston's Southside)
District 10: Michael McCaul (Northwest)
District 18: Sheila Jackson Lee (Downtown Houston, Bush IAH, northwest and northeast Houston, inner portions of Houston's Southside)

District 22: Pete Olson (Clear Lake City, NASA Johnson Space Center, Ellington Field, southern and central Pasadena, Deer Park)
District 29: Gene Green (Aldine, Channelview, East Houston, Fall Creek portion of Humble, Galena Park, Jacinto City, northern Pasadena, North Shore, western Sheldon, South Houston)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Beefheart said:

District 2: Ted Poe (Atascosita, Baytown, Crosby, Dayton, Huffman, Humble, Kingwood, La Porte, eastern Sheldon, Spring)
District 7: John Culberson (West Houston, Memorial Villages, Bellaire, West University Place, west and northwest areas of county)
District 9: Al Green (no, not that Al Green) (Alief, Southwest Houston, Houston's Southside)
District 10: Michael McCaul (Northwest)
District 18: Sheila Jackson Lee (Downtown Houston, Bush IAH, northwest and northeast Houston, inner portions of Houston's Southside)

District 22: Pete Olson (Clear Lake City, NASA Johnson Space Center, Ellington Field, southern and central Pasadena, Deer Park)
District 29: Gene Green (Aldine, Channelview, East Houston, Fall Creek portion of Humble, Galena Park, Jacinto City, northern Pasadena, North Shore, western Sheldon, South Houston)

Thanks a million 👍

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Haiti
Timeline
1 hour ago, hommeaetage said:
4 hours ago, Flower1 said:

So I called about an hour ago. Apparently they mailed me a response requiring evidence of need for expedite request, however there was a typo on my mailing address. The first customer rep was nice enough to provide me with the fax information, but she told me that I needed the letter. She was nice enough to transfer me to a tier 2 officer who made me file an e-request to receive a copy of the letter by email. So the waiting game begins again.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.