9 posts in this topic

I posted this in another section but I don't think it was the proper area to post so I'll repost here.

So frustrating seeing people who have put in their petition after yours and already been approved! Seriously?! Lol. Then you call USCIS and they say they are only working on October 15, 2016. Then you ask why is it people I know from December and January been approved already if you're only working on October?--"Sorry sir but I can't answer that question"--they never help lol. So to my actual question---Also can anyone explain why they have two different dates on the case processing times for CSC on the USCIS website? One at the top which says January 31st, 2017 and one in small print on the bottom that says March 14, 2017. So much conflicting information that doesn't make any sense...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I think they just forgot to change the 'as of' date (January 31st) at the very top. I believe the bottom 'Last Updated: March 14, 2017' date is accurate. 

If you are going through the visa process and will be interviewing in Casablanca, Morocco, join us over at the

US-Morocco Visa Discussion Facebook Group! :) 

K1 Visa Process                                                                                                   

Spoiler

December 19, 2016: NOA1 receive date 

May 5, 2017: NOA2 hardcopy (still listed as 'received' online...)

May 23, 2017: NVC case number assigned

July 10, 2017: Interview
July 14, 2017: Visa in hand
July 27, 2017: POE at ORD

August 5, 2017: Married!

AOS Process    

Spoiler

AOS Process  

September 8, 2017 : Mailed AOS Packet

September 16, 2017 : NOA1 text/emails (receive date Sept. 12)

October 2, 2017 : Biometrics Appointment

October 13, 2017 : RFIE letter received in mail (they want an English translated Birth Certificate, which we included in the original petition...)

January 24, 2018: EAD/AP Combo Card in hand

August 9, 2018: AOS Interview (Approved)

August 9, 2018: "Card in Production"

August 16, 2018: Green card in hand

May 2020: ROC!

The top date is only changed once a month. Based on what I have been watching for the past 6 months. I have been tracking since before I sent my petition in. In the case of Jan 31st is the date they are working on I should've received my approval a month ago lol. I think this is the most frustrating thing I have ever had to deal with. I feel like the application is in a black hole somewhere and uscis won't tell me where it is or answer any of my questions properly lol

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

The processing times for the CSC on the USCIS site are for all of the visas processed there. For K1 visas, the processing date is still October 15, 2016. The dates at the top and bottom on page should reflect when they updated all of the processing times listed for all visas. Some are slower/faster than others. I believe there are a few late October cases that have not been touched, as well as a handful of November cases. Once they finish these cases, they will likely update the processing times again. Until your NOA1 date falls before the date listed on the processing time site, USCIS likely won't look into your case if you contact them. In all likelihood, your case will be cleared before they move the processing date up. I understand it is frustrating to see cases that were submitted after your being approved. I have similar NOA1 date as you, and I understand you want answers. All we can do at this point is wait and hope that they choose to look at our cases soon. I imagine that if we don't hear by the end of May, that would be when we could start making extra inquiries. Again, I do think that most, if not all of the December cases will be touched by then. 

I also think that whoever answers the phone inquires at USCIS might not have any knowledge of which cases are being worked on. Their sole job might just be to answer the phone, so they might not have any idea of which cases are worked on and can only go by what the 'official' processing times are on the USCIS website.

Edited by RJandHamid

If you are going through the visa process and will be interviewing in Casablanca, Morocco, join us over at the

US-Morocco Visa Discussion Facebook Group! :) 

K1 Visa Process                                                                                                   

Spoiler

December 19, 2016: NOA1 receive date 

May 5, 2017: NOA2 hardcopy (still listed as 'received' online...)

May 23, 2017: NVC case number assigned

July 10, 2017: Interview
July 14, 2017: Visa in hand
July 27, 2017: POE at ORD

August 5, 2017: Married!

AOS Process    

Spoiler

AOS Process  

September 8, 2017 : Mailed AOS Packet

September 16, 2017 : NOA1 text/emails (receive date Sept. 12)

October 2, 2017 : Biometrics Appointment

October 13, 2017 : RFIE letter received in mail (they want an English translated Birth Certificate, which we included in the original petition...)

January 24, 2018: EAD/AP Combo Card in hand

August 9, 2018: AOS Interview (Approved)

August 9, 2018: "Card in Production"

August 16, 2018: Green card in hand

May 2020: ROC!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline
13 minutes ago, cgl5915 said:

Rj I appreciate what you're saying but why wouldn't uscis just say that to me? Lol

Because USCIS representatives use the same information that is available to public, even though that information is outdated by 2 months. 

I don't understand how certain ones in October or November haven't even been touched yet when people in December and January are getting approved. They talk about a fair process, yet this doesn't seem fair at all! I feel bad for people in October or November who haven't received their noa2 yet. Bs imo.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Thread is moved from the K-1 Process forum to the K-1 Case Progress subforum.  OP, don't post more than one thread on the same topic.  If you fear that you posted in a wrong forum, hit the "Report" button and request that the thread be moved.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.