bravagreen

Pack 2 recieved for interview

15 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Hello VJ family, My case is not new here as usual. I received my package for interview for my reaffirmed CR1 case. My interview will be in 3 months. Any suggestions and advice as to the way forward will be appreciated. We sent them a lot of evidence before the case was reaffirmed and I am going with some more evidence also. Also do we need to pay another fee for the interview? Because on the letter it talks about immigrant visa fee, or is just a general statement for those who have not yet paid their fees? So those who have their reaffirmed case stucked and don't hear nothing should just relax as the embassy will send a letter, call and also email you. Ebunoluwa looking forward to your assistance. Thank you all and I will keep everyone updated.

Edited by bravagreen

I'm not 100% on this, but as I recall, there is one more fee you're going to need to pay, assuming you're approved. The "immigration fee" needs to be paid before you can get your green card, and they prefer that it is paid before you enter the US, as it theoretically pays for the border officer to process your package, and for the production and mailing of your green card.

Currently that fee is $220US. Is that what you're talking about?

There shouldn't be a fee for the interview.

Is your timeline updated?

Oath Ceremony Dec 14th, 2018 I am finally a citizen and done with USCIS for good!

IR-1/CR-1 Visa:                            

Marriage: 2013-08-05                                   I-130 Sent: 2013-10-07                                                 I-130 NOA1: 2013-10-09                               

I-130 transferred to VSC: 2014-03-12        I-130 NOA2: 2014-03-24                                              NVC Received: 2014-04-07 

Case Number and IIN: 2014-05-05             Sent ENROLL email for EP: 2014-05-06                    Gave email addresses to NVC: 2014-05-08             

DS261 submitted: 2014-05-09                    AOS invoiced and paid: 2014-05-12                           DS261 re-submitted - GRRRR! 2014-05-21               

ENROLL conf. email: 2014-06-05               Submitted AOS documents:2014-06-08                    IV fee email received: 2014-06-23 

IV fee available and paid: 2014-06-24       DS260  submitted: 2014-06-26                                   Case Complete: 2014-07-31                                       

Interview: 2014-09-19 APPROVED!!!          Visa in Hand: 2014-09-24 (Loomis depot)                POE (Pac Hwy Crossing, BC) 2014-11-08 

SSN Card arrived (approx) 2014-11-26     Green Card arrived (approx) 2014-12-17 

Removal of Conditions - I-751:

I-751 Mailed (USPS) Aug 10, 2016             NOA: August 17, 2016 (received Aug 23)                  Biometrics Letter Sent: Sept 23, 2016

Biometrics Letter Rec'd: Sept 30, 2016     Walk-In Biometrics Oct 6, 2016                                    Infopass for I-551 stamp Aug 17, 2017   

Service Request: Dec 27, 2017                   SR Response: Jan 10, 2018 (no prediction)              Senator Inquiry: Jan 5, 2018

Senator Resp: Jan 8, 2018 (60 days)         Service Request 2: Mar 8 2018                                   Senator Inquiry 2: Mar 9 2018

SR 2 Response: Mar 12 (security checks) Senator Response 2: Mar 13, 2018                            Approval (via phone!): Mar 14, 2018

New Green Card Arrived: Mar 22, 2018

Naturalization - N-400: 

Submitted N-400 Online: Feb 4, 2018       Denied for Payment Failure: Feb 8, 2018                     Resubmitted N-400 Online Feb 8, 2018

NOA: Feb 8, 2018                                          Biometrics: Feb 26, 2018                                                Interview: Nov 2,2018 (approved)

Oath: Dec 14, 2018

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

I would highly suggest going over questions with your wife and practice interviewing. I truly believe you can submit lots of evidence, but if the CO doesn't believe the person being interviewed the case will be denied. My hubby and I went over questions 3-4 nights a week before the interview. The goal wasn't so much for him to memorize answers (you don't want to sound rehearsed) but to get him comfortable with answering questions clearly. I would often throw in random questions to make him think. Your wife should definitely be prepared to answers questions about whatever the CO claimed was the problem with your first interview. 

I would sugget she takes new evidence of your on-going relationship from visa denied until now to the interview. Make sure she knows about all the documents submitted. My hubby was asked questions directly from chats and photos submitted. 

Also if possible be there for the interview. I traveled to Ghana for the interview. We submitted copies of my boarding passes, visa stamps and made sure to take pictures every day leading up to the interview. I wasn't allowed in the embassy, but my husband provided a letter letting the CO know I was there. The CO and another commented about me being there and they were sorry I wasn't allowed in. 

Good luck! I pray you get good news soon. 

Timeline

No fee other than fee for GC.

Remember that, IR/CR-1 category pay the immigrant visa fee at NVC stage. So you won't page anymore fees. Please do go over your interview questions very well. Lately, the questions have been very personal so make sure you quiz your spouse over all the intimate and very personal questions.

I really want to see a reaffirmed case get approved!!

(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)

CR- 1

Interview :  11/15/2016

Result: AP  (form 221 (g))

Correspondence with Embassy: Tons of emails, Facebook posts, tweets, Congressman inquiry

Complaint letter with OIG : 12/29/2016

Case dispatched to diplomatic pouch : 01/11/2017

Case dispatched from diplomatic mail service to NVC : 01/23/2017

Case arrived at NVC: 01/26/2017

NVC sent case to USCIS : 02/09/2017 (system update)

Case receive by USCIS (text & email notification): 03/07/2017

Reaffirm Petition Timeline for folks in GHANA.. Please update your information..Thank you!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k0NXnbJdyEIRR1_Dr4t3yXmsM0tBbq-tZsj0-o3cMV0/edit?usp=sharing

Timeline

Can you give a timeline of your process? I am trying to make an estimation.

When did you have the interview?

When was it received by NVC?

when did USCIS receive it?

When did you get the NOIR?

When was it reaffirmed?

When is your next interview?

(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)

CR- 1

Correspondence with Embassy: Tons of emails, Facebook posts, tweets, Congressman inquiry

Reaffirm Petition Timeline for folks in GHANA.. Please update your information..Thank you!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k0NXnbJdyEIRR1_Dr4t3yXmsM0tBbq-tZsj0-o3cMV0/edit?usp=sharing

Timeline
3 minutes ago, IcezMan_IcezLady said:

Can you give a timeline of your process? I am trying to make an estimation.

When did you have the interview?

When was it received by NVC?

when did USCIS receive it?

When did you get the NOIR?

When was it reaffirmed?

When is your next interview?

I went for my interview in July 28, 2015

Case received by nvc February 2016

March 1, 2016 case received by uscis

August 10, 2016 NOIR received

August 20,2016 evidence received by uscis by overnight shipping

September 7, 2016 case reaffirmed

September23, 2016 case returned to nvc

October 30, case received by nvc

November 16, 2016 case sent to embassy

Call in letter for appointment received by me on the March 27, 2017

New interview date June.

Timeline
2 hours ago, bravagreen said:

I went for my interview in July 28, 2015

Case received by nvc February 2016

March 1, 2016 case received by uscis

August 10, 2016 NOIR received

August 20,2016 evidence received by uscis by overnight shipping

September 7, 2016 case reaffirmed

September23, 2016 case returned to nvc

October 30, case received by nvc

November 16, 2016 case sent to embassy

Call in letter for appointment received by me on the March 27, 2017

New interview date June.

thank you so much..so from my estimate

your case tough between 188 and 215 days from interview to NVC

Interview to NVC     188 to 215 days

NVC to USCIS         2 to 29 days

USCIS to NOIR       162 days   super fast!!

NOIR to Reaffirmed  28 days

Overall, it took about 477 days for your case since first interview to get back to Embassy.

Your case moved very fast after arrival in the USA. Was there something different you did? Like getting your senator or congressman? do you thing there was something that helped your case move fast?

Edited by IcezMan_IcezLady
correction

(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)

CR- 1

Timeline
55 minutes ago, IcezMan_IcezLady said:

thank you so much..so from my estimate

your case tough between 188 and 215 days from interview to NVC

Interview to NVC     188 to 215 days

NVC to USCIS         2 to 29 days

USCIS to NOIR       162 days   super fast!!

NOIR to Reaffirmed  28 days

Overall, it took about 477 days for your case since first interview to get back to Embassy.

Your case moved very fast after arrival in the USA. Was there something different you did? Like getting your senator or congressman? do you thing there was something that helped your case move fast?

Well my wife did contacted the congressman and senator by I think they did not put any input into the case . their roles was just found out why the embassy denied us the visa. But the rest my wife did it all by herself, I know she kept calling the uscis and they keep asking us to wait 180 days. Lucky for us wen the uscis received the request for evidence it took them just few days to reaffirmed our case. Others take as much as 6 months again. Maybe it was luck and I hope and pray everyone of us go through this process successful, is so stressful.

Timeline
On 3/29/2017 at 1:36 PM, bravagreen said:

Hello VJ family, My case is not new here as usual. I received my package for interview for my reaffirmed CR1 case. My interview will be in 3 months. Any suggestions and advice as to the way forward will be appreciated. We sent them a lot of evidence before the case was reaffirmed and I am going with some more evidence also. Also do we need to pay another fee for the interview? Because on the letter it talks about immigrant visa fee, or is just a general statement for those who have not yet paid their fees? So those who have their reaffirmed case stucked and don't hear nothing should just relax as the embassy will send a letter, call and also email you. Ebunoluwa looking forward to your assistance. Thank you all and I will keep everyone updated.

Congratulations!  Can I ask when your case was reaffirmed.  I sort of remember your posts, I believe it was in October 2016.  I ask because my husband's was reaffirmed in December 2016 and would like to compare wait times.  We haven't heard anything yet.  

Timeline
1 minute ago, lutz said:

Congratulations!  Can I ask when your case was reaffirmed.  I sort of remember your posts, I believe it was in October 2016.  I ask because my husband's was reaffirmed in December 2016 and would like to compare wait times.  We haven't heard anything yet.  

Never mind, Bravagreeen, I see from previous posts your case was sent back to Ghana in November 2016.  

Timeline
50 minutes ago, lutz said:

Never mind, Bravagreeen, I see from previous posts your case was sent back to Ghana in November 2016.  

We were reaffirmed on 7th September, 2016 and the case was sent to nvc on 23 September, 2016. The nvc said they sent it to the embassy in November. And the embassy sent the letter in February and sent me email in march

Timeline
3 minutes ago, bravagreen said:

We were reaffirmed on 7th September, 2016 and the case was sent to nvc on 23 September, 2016. The nvc said they sent it to the embassy in November. And the embassy sent the letter in February and sent me email in march

OK, thanks for letting me know.  It gives up hope.

Timeline
10 minutes ago, lutz said:

OK, thanks for letting me know.  It gives up hope.

Yes there is hope. And I pray we all go through easily this time with no hindrance. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.