shella

emails and album size?

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

hello guyz,

me again.... smile.gif ...im fixing all the emails that we have as a proof of our relationship...there are bunch here..i just wanted to ask you guyz if i need to bring them all or should i just get some...they are all in order..if i need to just bring some does it need to be in order???and also i have a big album with me of our pictures...do i need to bring it or do i need to just buy a small album or just bring the pictures with out album?have you seen someone on your interview bring albums?if yes what is just a good size to bring and how many pictures should i bring???thanks again i advance..i hope you understand me coz im so nervous.....happy easter to all!!!!

It would be good to bring all the emails... that's what I did. Regarding the pictures, just put them in a 3R album... that would do... you could bring a lot if you want, but the consulate officer who did our interview just took a look at one album.... just be prepared. you don't need to bring the larger albums.... it wouldn't make a difference and they're a hassle to bring. hope this helps...

God bless.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
It would be good to bring all the emails... that's what I did. Regarding the pictures, just put them in a 3R album... that would do... you could bring a lot if you want, but the consulate officer who did our interview just took a look at one album.... just be prepared. you don't need to bring the larger albums.... it wouldn't make a difference and they're a hassle to bring. hope this helps...

God bless.

i dont have any snail mailes till date do u think i should rather ask my husb to start sending them

its so hassle in todays world to send snail mailes when internet is so advanced ,

india.gifusa.gif

NVC:

03/14/2007-NVC ASSIGNS CASE NUMBER

03/29/2007-AOS FEE BILL AND DS-3032 GENERATED

03/29/2007-AOS FEE BILL FEES MAILED AND DS-3032 MAILED

04/03/2007-NVC ACKNOWLEDGES CHOICE OF AGENT

04/10/2007-I.V FEE BILL GENERATED

04/18/2007-I-864 GENERATED

04/20/2007-I.V. BILL RECEIVED & MAILED TO N.V.C

04/23/2007-I-864 SENT TO NVC

04/26/2007-I.V. FEE BILL & I-864 ENTERED INTO THE NVC SYSTEM

04/30/2007-NVC BARCODE & INSTRUCTIONS FOR DS-230

05/09/2007-DS-230 SENT

05/23/2007-CASE COMPLETED

VISA APPROVED .

05/XX/2007-FLIGHT To JFK POE

another step of I-751 coming near :)

p.s. My opinion is only what i read research and get advices from experienced people.I aint any

lawyer .

.png

Namastey !

God bless.

i'm wondering too if i had to print all the emails coz our relationship started in 1999.Just imagine how thick the printed emails will be.I have a big pile already of snail mails and cards :help: .

K1 Timeline

02/26/2007 - Filed I-129F

03/08/2007 - NOA1

06/05/2007 - NOA2

09/10/2007 - Interview

09/13/2007 - Visa Received

12/14/2007 - Flight to USA, POE-LAX

02/22/2008 - Wedding Date

AOS

05/29/2008 - I-485 received at Chicago Lockbox

06/19/2008 - Biometrics

08/25/2008 - Card production ordered

08/30/2008 - Green Card received

ROC

07/15/2010 - Mailed I-751 to CSC

07/19/2010 - NOA1

07/21/2010 - Check cleared

08/11/2010 - Biometrics

08/24/2010 - Card production ordered

08/27/2010 - Approval notice received

08/30/2010 - Green card received

N400 - Naturalization

08/08/2011 - Mailed N400 to Phoenix, AZ lockbox

08/12/2011 - NOA

08/15/2011 - Check cashed

09/07/2011 - Biometrics

09/09/2011 - Case status update - In line for testing & interview

09/13/2011 - Case status update - Interview scheduled

09/16/2011 - Interview appointment letter received from the mail

10/31/2011 - Test/Interview - Passed

12/07/2011 - In line for Oath Ceremony Scheduling

01/27/2012 - Oath Ceremony

Filed: Timeline

it is always better to be overprepared than not enough. it might seem ridiculous to do it but you would be regretting later if the counsulate told you that you didnt have enough evidence to support your relationship.

God bless.

i'm wondering too if i had to print all the emails coz our relationship started in 1999.Just imagine how thick the printed emails will be.I have a big pile already of snail mails and cards :help: .

hello guyz,

me again.... smile.gif ...im fixing all the emails that we have as a proof of our relationship...there are bunch here..i just wanted to ask you guyz if i need to bring them all or should i just get some...they are all in order..if i need to just bring some does it need to be in order???and also i have a big album with me of our pictures...do i need to bring it or do i need to just buy a small album or just bring the pictures with out album?have you seen someone on your interview bring albums?if yes what is just a good size to bring and how many pictures should i bring???thanks again i advance..i hope you understand me coz im so nervous.....happy easter to all!!!!

Sheila,

I read some good advice here once about which emails/letters to bring. Birthdays, holidays special anniversaries, important milestones (jobs, new pet, family announcements, etc) - not that if you don't have those that it's a bad thing, but if you have tons, that would be one way to narrow it down. (Course you can bring more as backup)

Not sure if it will help, but Karin is bringing a Small photo album (not huge mind you) with some nice photos of us, and with family etc. We have some pulled already to give/present as 'proof' and the album in her briefcase as backup.

Having not gone through 'this' yet - that's the best I can do -but I liked the email tip I read...

Happy Easter :)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Liberia
Timeline

We're working through an attorney (complicated case), but have 350+ pages of photos cards, letters, receipts, home/cell phone bills, notarized affidavits of our relationship, etc. bound together that were submitted with the I-130 application.

While we haven't submitted them, I also have older home phone bills showing collect calls from my now-husband, and have numerous cell bills from his extended family across the country (mine only show #s for outgoing calls), where they show the #s for calls made and received. We'll use it as backup if needed, as get along with his family great, and clearly some of the calls are an hour-plus long!

3/22 Got married (civil ceremony--I'm the USC)

3/22 Took license to courts to get a certified copy of our marriage certificate

3/27 Our attorneys mailed the AOS package to the lockbox (They said they've never done one so quickly.)

4/2 Applied for Social Security card in my new married name, along with updating my drivers license and beginning to change names on all of our household bills, adding each other on to credit cards, insurance, etc.

4/3 Received receipt notice

4/9 Received my new Soc Card in the mail

4/10 My husband received his biometrics notice for 4/25

4/12 At immigration office with attorney, and they agreed to do biometrics on the spot, rather than wait until the 4/25 appt.

4/16 Received I-797 stating that case was transferred to local USCIS office to "speed up processing of I-130"

4/21/07 Received notice of I-130 interview from the local office to come in for an interview

4/26/07 Met with an immigration officer in separate interviews. All seemed to go well! We should hear back from them within a week. Our attorney said their office will receive an email on status as soon as it's available.

I can hardly wait to have the full wedding ceremony with family and friends!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.