Cee & Ed

Approximate expenses for the visa

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hello everyone! im sorry for bein asking this but for more that i read im trying to learn more about this whole process that all of us are living day per day, and im getting scare about the cost for the medical and also the other demanding points that the visa is going to ask us. So im asking to please help me to get an approximate of how much money does it going to cost me (I'm Mexican and i do live in Cacun) do whatever it needs to pass this process.

And also i saw a last paper that the embassy is going to ask me for my interview with the whole pappers and requirements. >.<

I'm sorry for being new, but usually my Fiance use to read this and explain it to me because im pretty bad on English lol, but i also want to do my part and seach for my own to make more easy this process to him. Thanks to anyone who can help me with this <3

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Cee & Ed said:

Hello everyone! im sorry for bein asking this but for more that i read im trying to learn more about this whole process that all of us are living day per day, and im getting scare about the cost for the medical and also the other demanding points that the visa is going to ask us. So im asking to please help me to get an approximate of how much money does it going to cost me (I'm Mexican and i do live in Cacun) do whatever it needs to pass this process.

And also i saw a last paper that the embassy is going to ask me for my interview with the whole pappers and requirements. >.<

I'm sorry for being new, but usually my Fiance use to read this and explain it to me because im pretty bad on English lol, but i also want to do my part and seach for my own to make more easy this process to him. Thanks to anyone who can help me with this <3

In Spain I paid $340 for the form I-129F application (now it's more expensive, I think over $500), 313€ for the medical, and $250 for the visa fee. I don't know about Mexico, but I think it won't be cheaper than that.

8 minutes ago, Cee & Ed said:

What demanding points are you worried about? You'll have to be more specific.

I'm sure someone will chime in for the cost of medical in Mexico as they all differ.

And yes, the embassy requires certain paperwork that you will have to bring to the interview, such as a police clearance from any country you've spent more than 6 months in OTHER than the US, a I-134 financial support agreement with supporting proof (tax transcript, Tax return/W2 combo, Paystubs, employer letter, etc.), an updated letter from the USC stating that they are still willing and free to marry within 90 days, and then what ever else they ask for.

Is there anything specific about the required documents that you are worried about?

*More detailed timeline in profile!*

Relationship:     Friends since 2010, Together since 2013

K-1:   2015 Done in 208 days - 212g for Second Cosponsor    

Spoiler

04/27/15- NOA1 Recieved                                                    
06/02/15 - NOA2 Recieved
09/22/15 - Interview       (221g for more documents (a SECOND cosponsor), see profile for more details!)                                            
11/09/15 -  ISSUED!!                                                              
11/10/15 - Passport received                                                
02/20/16 - Wedding!              

AOS:   2016 Done in 77 days - No RFE, No Interview                                                                    

Spoiler

04/08/16 - I-485, I-765, I-131 AOS Application recieved by USCIS
04/12/16 - 3 NOA1's received in mail
05/14/16 - Biometrics for AOS and EAD
06/27/16 - I-485 Case to changed to "New Card being produced"  (Day 77)
06/27/16 - I-485 Case changed to Approved! (Day 77)
06/30/16 - I-485 Case changed to "My Card has been mailed to me!"
07/05/16 - Green Card received in mail! 

ROC:   2018 - 2019 Done in 326 days - No RFE, No Interview

Spoiler

05/09/18 - Mailed out ROC to CSC

05/10/18 - CSC Signed and received ROC package
06/07/28 - NOA1 

06/11/18 - Check cashed

06/15/18 - NOA received in the mail
08/27/18 - 18 month extension received (Courtesy Copy)

09/18/18 - Request for official 18 month extension
10/22/18 - Official 18 month extension received 

02/27/19 - Biometrics waived 

04/29/19 - New card being produced!
05/09/19 - USPS delivered green card! In hand now!

Here's a great link breaking down the costs of a K1 Visa vs. Marriage Based Visa:

http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/whats-better-low-income-couples-k-1-fiance-visa-marriage-based-visa.html

K-1 Visa Journey

11/14/2016: K1 Visa Application Mailed To Dallas Lock Box

11/17/2016: K1 Visa Application Received Date

11/22/2016: Check Cashed By US Dept of Homeland Security

11/22/2016: Received NOA1 Text and Email - USCIS California Service Center

11/23/2016: Received NOA1 Hard Copy In The Mail

02/07/2017: Received NOA2 Approval Online - 77 Days From NOA1 Date

02/11/2017: Received NOA2 Hard Copy In The Mail

03/03/2017: Case Received By NVC

03/08/2017: Called NVC And Received Case # and Invoice # - CEAC Website Shows Case Is "Ready"

03/09/2017: Downloaded Packet 3 From Canadian Consulate Website - Emailed Packet 3 at 12:30am PST

03/09/2017: Received Return Email Packet 4 at 1pm PST

03/09/2017: Scheduled Interview Per Packet 4 Instructions

04/19/2017: K1 Visa Interview At Montreal US Embassy - Visa Approved - 148 Days From NOA1 Date

04/26/2017: CEAC Status Changed From "Administrative Processing" To "Issued"

04/28/2017: Visa In Hand

05/28/2017: POE Peace Arch Crossing - Blaine, WA USA - Experience Was Very Friendly And Welcoming

07/14/2017: Wedding Day

AOS Journey

08/19/2017: AOSEAD, AP Mailed To Chicago Lock Box

08/29/2017: Check Cashed By US Dept of Homeland Security

08/30/2017: Received NOA1 Text and Email For AOS, EAD, AP

09/05/2017: Received NOA1 Hard Copies In The Mail For AOS, EAD, AP

09/19/2017: Biometrics Completed

09/26/2017: USCIS Website Shows "Interview Ready To Be Scheduled By USCIS"

11/20/2017: Received EAD and AP Approval Letters

12/04/2017: Received EAD/AP Combo Card

12/07/2018: Received Text notification AOS interview has been scheduled

01/09/2019: AOS Interview Date - Approved

01/17/2019: Green Card In Hand

ROC Journey

10/11/2020: Petition For ROC Window Opens

10/17/2020: Petition For ROC Mailed To USCIS Phoenix

10/20/2020: Petition For ROC Delivered To USCIS Phoenix

11/04/2020: Check Cashed By US Dept of Homeland Security

11/04/2020: Received NOA 1 Text and Email

11/10/2020: Received NOA1 Hard Copy In The Mail For ROC

11/12/2020: Online - Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Taken

06/22/2021: Online - ROC Approved

07/02/2021: 10 Year Green Card In Hand

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hello y'all, I did all this proccess at the end of the last year and at the beginning of this year.

In short:

Medical examination: $4,500 pesos mexicanos

K1 Visa fee: $5,000 pesos mexicanos

Hotel fee: $4,500 pesos mexicanos (Five days and four nights)

Flight tickets: $5,000 pesos mexicanos (Go and back)

Your american citizen fiance would pay this:

K1 Petition or form I-129F: 5,000 pesos mexicanos

Flight tickets: $5,000 pesos mexicanos (Go and back, since he needs to be with you the date of your interview)

This prices are approximated and they are under the changes of the dollar cost. This year the fees changed and they are higher so you will have to check on the USCIS website and the consulate too. This is only an idea how much you will expend in the K1 visa process.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.