tarzaan

I-130 March 2017 Filers

2,211 posts in this topic

Since I got a little slap on the hand for posting a case number last time I will not make that mistake again.  My wife's case app informed us that this happened. March is in progress in the good old ball-buster...I mean Cornhusker state. :DIMG-20171122-WA0000_01.jpg.dfb87d285ac382e59452858a575bd8a5.jpg

Timeline
23 minutes ago, JustinS said:

Since I got a little slap on the hand for posting a case number last time I will not make that mistake again.  My wife's case app informed us that this happened. March is in progress in the good old ball-buster...I mean Cornhusker state. :DIMG-20171122-WA0000_01.jpg.dfb87d285ac382e59452858a575bd8a5.jpg

Thats good news !!

Hopefully it isn't a special case though.

We are getting closer, Thank God!!

3 minutes ago, WCH said:

Thats good news !!

If they were a special case and got an RFE, I would feel bad for them. Normally there is a huge rush of RFE's prior to approvals so I would bet we see many more in the coming weeks.

2 hours ago, WCH said:

Thats good news !!

This is my husband's case for his mom. Nothing special, we were  surprised to hear back before the remaining Feb cases. I'm hoping the RFE is just because her maiden name is on his birth certificate and she now goes by her married name. With that being said,  does anyone know how long this will delay us? We will respond to them immediately if that's all it is. Looking for a time frame if anyone knows :)

Timeline
14 minutes ago, Nicole8341 said:

This is my husband's case for his mom. Nothing special, we were  surprised to hear back before the remaining Feb cases. I'm hoping the RFE is just because her maiden name is on his birth certificate and she now goes by her married name. With that being said,  does anyone know how long this will delay us? We will respond to them immediately if that's all it is. Looking for a time frame if anyone knows :)

As far as we have seen, between mailing back and forth and file reviewing, it takes up to a month.

Congratulations and Thanks for confirming the case..I am getting excited !! March 23rd here.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline
22 hours ago, WCH said:

As far as we have seen, between mailing back and forth and file reviewing, it takes up to a month.

Congratulations and Thanks for confirming the case..I am getting excited !! March 23rd here.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!! 

Just found this thread.  Our PD is 24 March 2017, Nebraska.  We're hoping to hear something around Christmas - I hope it's an approval and not an RFE.  I worry that we didn't provide enough or correct proof of relationship with our I-130.  How long do RFE's set back your case?

1 hour ago, cthistlewaite said:

Just found this thread.  Our PD is 24 March 2017, Nebraska.  We're hoping to hear something around Christmas - I hope it's an approval and not an RFE.  I worry that we didn't provide enough or correct proof of relationship with our I-130.  How long do RFE's set back your case?

usually takes about a month to get an approval after an RFE. depending on how quickly you send in your documents.

Timeline
On 11/24/2017 at 5:19 PM, Meno said:

usually takes about a month to get an approval after an RFE. depending on how quickly you send in your documents.

We have been silent a couple days is everyone OK? Has anyone from Nebraska heard anything recently?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, Jujubsweet said:

We have been silent a couple days is everyone OK? Has anyone from Nebraska heard anything recently?

From all the postings I have observed there has been a number of approvals from Nov-Feb. Nothing yet from March. At least in the past week it appears progress was made.

There are still quite a few VJ posters from Jan/Feb who do not have approvals so it might be another few weeks before they hit March.

I think 9.5 - 10.5 months is the new normal for Nebraska right now but I can't say for certain. The approvals can really range from 265-330 days.

Edited by acidrain

Timeline
16 minutes ago, acidrain said:

From all the postings I have observed there has been a number of approvals from Nov-Feb. Nothing yet from March. At least in the past week it appears progress was made.

There are still quite a few VJ posters from Jan/Feb who do not have approvals so it might be another few weeks before they hit March.

I think 9.5 - 10.5 months is the new normal for Nebraska right now but I can't say for certain. The approvals can really range from 265-330 days.

I pray I don't wait 330 days!!!!!!!! That will take me all the way until Feb 21st!!!! YIKES!!!!! That would put us looking into Nvc a few months which really would put us into June or July to do interview so maybe next year this time he would come I don't even know what to say!!! I am on day 242 today!!! 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Jujubsweet said:

I pray I don't wait 330 days!!!!!!!! That will take me all the way until Feb 21st!!!! YIKES!!!!! That would put us looking into Nvc a few months which really would put us into June or July to do interview so maybe next year this time he would come I don't even know what to say!!! I am on day 242 today!!! 

I hope I am wrong especially for you. 265 is on the low range with 330 being on the high range. Those who filed K3 are looking up to 1 full year. I would be looking at the bare minimum a month from now for an approval. It is very rare to see an approval from Nebraska that is under 9 months right now. Again I hope I am wrong!

Part of the problem is the fact people are really frustrated. As soon as Nebraska updates their website to show what cases they are working on everyone that is out of processing times files an expedite (rightfully so). Think of all the expedite requests that service center has to process. Then you have regular expedites that bump everyone else waiting. Factor in holidays and we are entering a slow season. I don't want to scare you but I felt incredibly naive going into this process myself. I never thought it would've taken so long. There are still quite a few people with a NOA1 date before me from Jan/Feb who haven't gotten an approval. It's nearing 10 months for them.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.