tarzaan

I-130 March 2017 Filers

2,211 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Komal gangar said:

They asked for additional evidence of marriage. I guess Marriage certificate didn't satisfy the requirements. 

I have a lawyer working on my case and he said that evidence like pictures do not work. Get affidavits from family members and friends, at least 2. They really want to see joint bank accounts and joint property. I hope this helps. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
2 hours ago, Ougalde62 said:

Hello everyone i post b4 on here but nobody say anything bck lol but just got the letter on mail about petition approved my PD was march13. Potomac service center.. So it took barely 5 months 2 get it approved. And i hope and pray 2 god that all that been waiting longer, hear from them soon and get aproved.

congratulation!! our case its going fast I have seen cases from January and December that haven't get NOA2

Timeline
1 hour ago, philw87 said:

I have a lawyer working on my case and he said that evidence like pictures do not work. Get affidavits from family members and friends, at least 2. They really want to see joint bank accounts and joint property. I hope this helps. 

do you know if kids birth certificates work?

Timeline
9 hours ago, Jujubsweet said:

Only if they get to overwhelmed but I know this you can't call and ask it to be transferred I already tried!

so bad I don't know why they keep sending the cases to texas and potomac id they are overloaded California its faster

Edited by kareng5

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On 8/12/2017 at 11:14 PM, EDurevic said:

With them you never know, some reps say one thing and another reps say different. Why so long? That is really a long time.

We filed K1 last year before we got married and were denied. (I won't go into that here) Hired a lawyer here in the US who suggested we get married over there (in Jamaica). We had a beautiful beach wedding in Jamaica in November of 2016 and filed CR1 for he and his son end of February. Now we sit, and have been for 5 1/2 months, waiting for Nebraska to get their butts in gear!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
23 hours ago, Dianalorena said:

February 8th filer stuck in Nebraska here, we will see most of the March and April filers approved before us.  I was going crazy and driving my husband crazy in the process, but realized how much worse I was making things and decided to try to think of possible silver linings. Like, enjoying my time, traveling, developing a hobby, I even started a diet because I want my husband to see a slimmer me in three months. I know it sounds silly, finding the positive in this hell of a process, but the alternative is suffering nonstop. So I chose to use it to my advantage. The constant whining and even fighting can certainly wear us down and fracture our relationships, totally not worth it. 

Can we be best friends??  I'm totally with you. I like the way you think and I'm working towards that. I go through stages where I feel like I can't go another day without him. I wake up the next day and think, "why am I letting myself feel so down? At least I have a husband who loves me!"

keep the faith, sister. 

Timeline
15 minutes ago, Nakia1love said:

We filed K1 last year before we got married and were denied. (I won't go into that here) Hired a lawyer here in the US who suggested we get married over there (in Jamaica). We had a beautiful beach wedding in Jamaica in November of 2016 and filed CR1 for he and his son end of February. Now we sit, and have been for 5 1/2 months, waiting for Nebraska to get their butts in gear!

I hope everything goes well, because my lawyer told us that you need to be at least 2 years marry so you can get approved with any problem other way they can think its fraud, on march we will be 3 years married and am a July filer

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Suriname
Timeline
6 minutes ago, kareng5 said:

I hope everything goes well, because my lawyer told us that you need to be at least 2 years marry so you can get approved with any problem other way they can think its fraud, on march we will be 3 years married and am a July filer

That is stupid, so if i understand You correctly every filler that is married for under1 year gets dinied !?

Filed: F-1 Visa Country:
Timeline
1 minute ago, EDurevic said:

That cant be true!!!!! I know people that go back to my country and get married first time they meet. File I-130 and no problem. I spoke to a lawyer before I got married of course you just have to prove that the marriage is not fraud.

Right. I never heard such either. I see people in removal proceeding get married within a year and got there approval. So if your married is bonafide you will get approve. 

Timeline

I didn't say you get rejected I just said that the lawyer told me that its easier that they think its a fraud, obviously you have to prove its not, but if its less than 2 years its more likely they would ask for more evidence,. but I'm not a lawyer or anything  and I said good luck because she said that her K1 was denied..

Timeline
2 hours ago, philw87 said:

Thank you. 

It is all on the merit of your file.  

I married my wife and we filed two months later. I have a will and she is the beneficiary, not to mention on two life insurance policies, we have photos galore of a formal wedding reception, we are co- signatories on an apartment and I have a trail a mile long of financial support for her.  Oh and I am a CPA who wouldn't risk his license and livelihood on a sham.  That all went in my file.  If USCIS thinks my marriage is a sham then they have to show me what more evidence is required to prove a relationship, because time is not evidence. I was married once before and I can tell you that time doesn't translate into a successful marriage any more genuine in nature.

Edited by rmpiedra

Timeline
6 minutes ago, rmpiedra said:

It is all on the merit of your file.  

I married my wife and we filed two months later. I have a will and she is the beneficiary, not to mention on two life insurance policies, we have photos galore of a formal wedding reception, we are co- signatories on an apartment and I have a trail a mile long of financial support for her.  Oh and I am a CPA who wouldn't risk his license and livelihood on a sham.  That all went in my file.  If USCIS thinks my marriage is a sham then they have to show me what more evidence is required to prove a relationship, because time is not evidence. I was married once before and I can tell you that time doesn't translate into a successful marriage any more genuine in nature.

Yes I know time doesn't matter I have 2 kids they were born in my country and they are already a Us citizens when we got my 1st kid papers was easy and really fast no more then 15min in the interview.. when we apply for my 2nd kid 4 years latter they ask me for more papers more proofs even I had already done the same process with my firs son same couple together for 9 years  the interview process was for more than 3 hours I told the officer I though this was going to be easier and faster but it wasn't thank god everything went well

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
12 hours ago, Komal gangar said:

I received my RFE letter at home yesterday (status was updated on the uscis website yesterday as well)

PD - March 15;

Service Center - Potomac;

RFE date - 14th march

Does anyone know how long they take to approve a case after the requested documents are sent? I hope it is quick. Fingers crossed!

Hi from India too.

pd :10 march

same service center

got RFE : 3 aug

send requested documents : 15 aug

let c what happened..?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
10 hours ago, Harrison okotogha said:

PD : March 20th

CENTRE : POTOMAC 

Still waiting for NOA 2. What is in your request for evidence letter, I mean, what evidence do they request for. Thanks... am just so anxious. 

they can asked for joint bank accounts, joint property, joint income tax pay, any sharing policy you have to give what you have and not all things.

they don't need any photos but documents.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.