jnicolel

February 2017 AOS from Work, Student, & Tourist Visas

145 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline
7 minutes ago, kat&eddie said:

Already have a job offer that's why I was able to expedite the ead but thank you :)

@kat&eddie oh yeah I forget. have a good one at your job and remember us in your payers. take care.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline

Updates! (I updated on AOS Feb 2017, but wanted to update here since we are doing AOS from F1 visa)

Application sent (I-130, I-485, I-765): 02/20/2017

Application received: 02/21/2017

Checks cashed: 02/28/2017

Text NOA1: 03/01/2017

Paper NOA1: 03/06/2017

Sent I-131 (we forgot to!) -03/08/17

RFIE message for I-485 posted on USCIS check my status: 03/10/2017 

Biometrics letter received: 03/10/2017

RFIE letter received: 03/17/2017

RFIE evidence sent: 03/20/17

RFIE received by USCIS: 03/21/2017

Biometrics: 03/24/2017

Status just changed to (4/24/2017): Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview

No news on our EAD/AP -- EAD status is still "case received" and AP (sent in later) doesn't even appear online. I called today to check on it and they said it was received. that's it!

Yahoo!

Timeline
3 hours ago, gallegamericana said:

Updates! (I updated on AOS Feb 2017, but wanted to update here since we are doing AOS from F1 visa)

Application sent (I-130, I-485, I-765): 02/20/2017

Application received: 02/21/2017

Checks cashed: 02/28/2017

Text NOA1: 03/01/2017

Paper NOA1: 03/06/2017

Sent I-131 (we forgot to!) -03/08/17

RFIE message for I-485 posted on USCIS check my status: 03/10/2017 

Biometrics letter received: 03/10/2017

RFIE letter received: 03/17/2017

RFIE evidence sent: 03/20/17

RFIE received by USCIS: 03/21/2017

Biometrics: 03/24/2017

Status just changed to (4/24/2017): Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview

No news on our EAD/AP -- EAD status is still "case received" and AP (sent in later) doesn't even appear online. I called today to check on it and they said it was received. that's it!

Yahoo!

@gallegamericanacongratulations and thank God you have a movement on your application. the are working on your case especially the EAD/AP and if your interview comes soon there won't be any need for the EAD/AP as your green card will supersede the EAD/AP. good luck and to us all too.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
16 hours ago, gallegamericana said:

Yahoo!

hey congrats!!! that's great news!

i just checked ours and it updated too! unfortunately it was just updating to say that my name had been changed on the petition as requested lol (petitioner - my first name was changed). and the baltimore office is notoriously slow so i think we'll be waiting here a while : )

married! , 18 nov 16
vwp aos priority , 27 feb 17 {1}
noa1 , 6 mar 17
biometrics , 27 mar 17
rdy for interview , 1 may 17
interview , 26 oct 17 {241} ezpz!
approved! , 17 nov 17 {263}
gc rec'd , 27 nov 17

Timeline
6 hours ago, oncoming traffic said:

hey congrats!!! that's great news!

i just checked ours and it updated too! unfortunately it was just updating to say that my name had been changed on the petition as requested lol (petitioner - my first name was changed). and the baltimore office is notoriously slow so i think we'll be waiting here a while : )

@oncoming traffic congratulations on the update, I believe we shall get something positive very soon. good luck

dear all..

a newbie here...I have 2 questions:

1. I just sent my aos package to Chicago, I filed 485 with 130, does my husband(petitioner) need to provide a letter of employment? he sent his 3 year tax return files with the package, and pay stubs instead... 

2. I'm changing my status from b2, does that mean an interview is mandatory?

thanks in advance!

Timeline
4 hours ago, erikayiyi said:

dear all..

a newbie here...I have 2 questions:

1. I just sent my aos package to Chicago, I filed 485 with 130, does my husband(petitioner) need to provide a letter of employment? he sent his 3 year tax return files with the package, and pay stubs instead... 

2. I'm changing my status from b2, does that mean an interview is mandatory?

thanks in advance!

Hi!

1.) They may ask for one depending on what his tax returns look like, but they may not! You'll have to wait and see unfortunately. I had an RFIE because they wanted my 2016 tax returns, letter of employment and pay stubs (I only sent 2015 tax returns and a current W2 because that's all I had when we sent the package).

2.) Yes. The only interviews that are waived (generally speaking) are K1 visas and it's usually a 50/50 shot for K1 with the interview being waived.

Good luck!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Croatia
Timeline

Our case just updated to "Ready to be scheduled for interview" status.  Here's our full timeline:

Here is my updated timeline.  

Feb. 23rd               Package left Los Angeles via FedEx

Feb. 27                  Package arrived in Chicago

March 13             Checks cashed

March 14             Text/email confirmations received

March 17             Paper NOA's received in mail. Priority date February 27

March 21             Online case status changed to-RFIE sent March 20

March 24             Paper RFIE received

March 25             Mailed RFIE response

March 26             Requested USPS package intercept (forgot to add document to RFIE)

March 31             Re-sent RFIE response

March 31             Biometrics appointment letter received

April 3                  RFIE arrived at USCIS in Lee's Summit, MO

April 5                  Case status updated to RFIE received

April 13                 Biometric appointment

April 28                Case status updated to "Ready to be scheduled for interview"

Good luck everyone!

Edited by jnicolel

Filed: Other Country: Vietnam
Timeline

2/13 Priority date 

3/30 case change to ready to schedule interview 

4/17 EAD card is produced

Good new guys. My wife EAD card has been procuded... 

Edited by Duy Nguyen

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Croatia
Timeline
8 minutes ago, Duy Nguyen said:

2/13 Priority date 

3/30 case change to ready to schedule interview 

4/17 EAD card is produced

Good new guys. My wife EAD card has been procuded... 

That's so great!  Did you expedite it?

Filed: Other Country: Vietnam
Timeline
8 hours ago, USpatial said:

Well, out of left field I received the notice of AP approval. No changes in online status for either i130/i131/i485. Good news anyway. 

I received AP approval too while there no update status for I-130/I-485  beside case ready to schedule for an interview

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

case ready to be schedule for interview for us as well : ) awesome... good vibes all around

married! , 18 nov 16
vwp aos priority , 27 feb 17 {1}
noa1 , 6 mar 17
biometrics , 27 mar 17
rdy for interview , 1 may 17
interview , 26 oct 17 {241} ezpz!
approved! , 17 nov 17 {263}
gc rec'd , 27 nov 17

Timeline

Just thought I would let you guys know the following:

We sent in our I-765 in February (73 days waiting today) and our AP separately on March 6th. We have no online update for our AP so we called because it's been more than 45 days and SOMETHING should be online. We are traveling on June 29th out of the country with flights we bought before the AOS process, while my husband was still a student on a student visa. His student visa is valid until next February 2018 and he has work authorization through OPT and an EAD card.

We spoke with a Tier 2 rep and he was FABULOUS! He informed us that all three application (I-485, I-131, I-765) look good. He put in a service request and gave us a special number to call to inquire about rebooting the system so that we can see online updates for our I-131. He also told us (as we saw online) that our case is ready to schedule for an interview. He said he was going to put in a service request so that they would send us an interview date within 10 days because our case looked great. I was still worried about the AP because of our trip and he said that we are in good standing and will very likely have AP in hand for the travel. However, if we don't, he said that my husband can still travel on his student visa with his I-20, passport with visa, EAD card and a letter from his employer. If he gets brought to secondary questioning, they will simply look at his case for AOS and see that he is still legally a student with AOS in process. Hopefully we will have AP, but it's nice to know that we have this as a second option. Also exciting to hear that in 10 days we should have an interview date!

It really is comforting to talk to an immigration officer.

Good luck to all!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.