Meowcat

How to cancel K1 visa application?

10 posts in this topic

Hi guys, I have an issue about cancellation for K1 visa application. 

My ex-fiance(petitioner) applied I-129F form to USCIS Texas on 19th of December and the case was received. 

But it has not been approved yet and I ended the relationship with the petitioner. 

As I understood, only petitioner is able to try to revoke the K1 visa application but he has been avoiding my contact since we broke up. So I want to know that I can cancel by myself. 

1. In this case, can I cancel my K1 visa application by myself? 

2. If yes, what I have to do? Do I have to send some documents to USCIS Texas by mail? What kind of documents are required? Can I check whether my case is cancelled after that?

3. If not, what can I do with this situation?

4. Does it effect further visa apply? 

I am going to be a filght attendent in my country so I need to apply for C-1/D visa in the near future. Is there any problem to get C-1/D visa? 

Thanks for your time to read it and look forward to hearing from you soon. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

You can mail the embassy/USCIS; but as was noted generally only the petitioner can actually withdraw the petition.

As to getting the C-1/D visa.... if the I-129F petition is not withdrawn it could possibly affect it, I only say could possibly affect it because the I-129f to then K-1 is for immigrating to the US... so the other visa could be seen as a way to bypass it...

Now, it might be no problem either... can't say for certain; but you definately should get the petitioner to send a formal letter to withdraw the petition before you try for something else just to make sure it does not interfere.

08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

02/03/2017 - Married 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

brickleberry GIF they see me rolling college football GIF by ESPN  

Thanks, Ben&Zian. I really appreciate your reply. 

I have been trying to contact him but I don't think he would reply to me. So there is the only way to cancel or withdraw my K1 visa application. 

So, to send a mail to USCIS, what kind of documents are required? I guess that I need I-129F form, receipt, etc. 

I have a copy of all documents including the copy of petitioner's passport. 

I am so worried because I do need C-1/D visa without any problem in the near future(approximately in 6 months). 

I understand that c-1/d visa is nonimmigrant visa so it would not be affected by my current situation but I always prefer to be clear. 

So pleae let me know what I have to do to stop my k1 visa process. 

Edited by Meowcat

USC petitioner has to withdraw the petition. 
The beneficiary does not have a K1 application yet. Nothing you do from outside the US. 

USCIS

January 16, 2015 I-130 Mailed, Chi lockbox January 20, 2015 Priority Date, January 21, 2015 NOA1 notice date, Assigned VSC, January 23, 2015 Check Cashed, electronically March 5, 2015 NOA2

NVC

March 27, 2015 NVC received April 6, 2015 Case#, IIN# assigned April 8, 2015 Paid AOS + IV fee Invoices May 5, 2015 AOS + IV package submitted May 11, 2015 Scan Date

June 11, 2015 DS-260 submitted June 25, 2015 False checklist (for ds260).. hello? June 30, 2015 Answered checklist Aug 5, 2015 Escalated to Supervisor review Aug 13, 2015 Case Complete

Consular

Sept 10, 2015 Interview Scheduled Sept 11, 2015 P4 Letter received Sept 21, 2015 file In transit from NVC Sept 23, 2015 file at Embassy

Sept 28, 2015 Medical Oct 14, 2015 Biometrics Oct 15, 2015 Interview (Approved) Oct 19, 2015 IV visa Issued Oct 23, 2015 Passport Pickup

POE

Nov 2, 2015 Entered the US Nov 16, 2015 Applied for SSN, walk-in Nov 20, 2015 Social Security Card recd Jan 15, 2016 GC received

Hi, KierenHby. Thanks for your advice. 

So, if I do not persue for K1 visa no longer, what will happen? 

Do you think it will affect my further C-1/D visa request in the future? 

I guess there will be some questions while the interview for C-1/D visa but I hope it would not a problem if I explain my situation clearly...

14 hours ago, Meowcat said:

My ex-fiance(petitioner) applied I-129F form to USCIS Texas on 19th of December and the case was received. 

But it has not been approved yet and I ended the relationship with the petitioner. 

As I understood, only petitioner is able to try to revoke the K1 visa application but he has been avoiding my contact since we broke up. So I want to know that I can cancel by myself. 

2. If yes, what I have to do? Do I have to send some documents to USCIS Texas by mail? What kind of documents are required? Can I check whether my case is cancelled after that?

I am going to be a filght attendent in my country so I need to apply for C-1/D visa in the near future. Is there any problem to get C-1/D visa? 

As far as you know, he could have already canceled the process. Do you know any family or friends of his that you trust and could ask?

7 hours ago, sammyp said:

As far as you know, he could have already canceled the process. Do you know any family or friends of his that you trust and could ask?

Unfortunately, there is no one by his side to discuss about my situation. 

So it seems to be only one option. I have to wait until USCIS send my case to the US embassy in my country after that I can express my desire not to persue K1 visa process anymore. Hopefully this record would not affect my further visa request... thansk anyway!

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/4/2017 at 10:01 PM, Meowcat said:

Unfortunately, there is no one by his side to discuss about my situation. 

So it seems to be only one option. I have to wait until USCIS send my case to the US embassy in my country after that I can express my desire not to persue K1 visa process anymore. Hopefully this record would not affect my further visa request... thansk anyway!

The person can easily cancel the visa and you can proceed with your next step ;)

On 3/3/2017 at 6:15 PM, Meowcat said:

ONLY THE PETITIONER CAN CANCEL THE VISA.

the petitioner need send a letter to uscis cancelling the petition

this petition will effect your future visa apply, because you have intention to immigrate to USA, 

anyway the USA law says that all persons who apply for a visa is a potencially immigrant, so you need demostrate strong tight to your country, but as you had a k1 petition they will think with more reson that your intention is live at usa.

dont get tired and try to contact your ex and close your case, if he doesnt close will be open.

i had a k1 petition before, my ex didnt talk to me after with broke up, i was lucky that i had a blank page with his signature, so i print  a letter and sent it to the embassy saying that he didndt want continue with the petition, the case was sent back to NVC and NVC sent it back to uscis.

my case was at embassy stage.

i sent the letter on march 29,2016 and thaay sent the case back on april 11 arrived to NVC on april 22 and arrived to uscis on june 9, 2016.

i guess the case is close because the status on uscis says that they sent a notice to him.

i was lucky having his signature on one blank page.

K1 2017

Aos sent April 2018

Aos interview July 2018

Work permit September2018

Aos approved July 24, 2019.

Roc April 27, 2021

Biometric reused june 28, 2021

N-400 online April 27, 2022 base on 3 years rule, biometric reused.

N-400 interview on December 12, 2022 combo interview i-751. Approved.

January 11, 2023 oath ceremony, Indianapolis. After that done with uscis😂🤭🤫

I took my oath ceremony in Indianapolis, it was a nice ceremony, where people from 35 coutry become american citizen.

01/11/2023 officially done with uscis :)

🤣

January 13, 2023 apply for us passport.( regular service).

March 11, 2023 passport in hand

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.