HannahP

Co-sponsor & NOA2 question.

27 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Do you even bother to read what the OP has wrote ?

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Cambodia
Timeline

Yes, I read it.

They will be suspicious of course. But, in order to be a valid sponsor they would need to review the previous year tax transcript and see if the gross income exceeds the Federal Poverty Guidelines.

Edited by consolemaster

mooninitessomeonesetusupp6.jpg

Filed: Other Timeline
We joke about how much easier this would be if he were an illegal immigrant from Mexico, but...argghhhhh.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

Not a cool thing to say.

Meh. It's a joke to me, but I apologize. I work in an ER that serves mostly the lower-class and homeless; I should have realized that the sense of humor that myself and my coworkers use to deal with the every-day stresses of our jobs is probably not pertinent to most of the population. :P

"Lower class"?

Frankly, darling, you do sound rather like the rest of the population when it comes to the matter of "illegal immigration".

Yes, I read it.

They will be suspicious of course. But, in order to be a valid sponsor they would need to review the previous year tax transcript and see if the gross income exceeds the Federal Poverty Guidelines.

Please read the instructions for the I134 (the document a sponsor of a K1 non immigrant needs to produce at most consulates) and show me where it says the previous years tax return must be produced as evidence.

Please read the instructions and show me a reference to the Federal Poverty Guidelines.

Edited by rebeccajo

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Cambodia
Timeline

Rebbecajo,

I hope you realized that they need to see proof of income from the previous year exceeding the federal poverty guidelines to be a sponsor. What better proof if you have the tax transcript? And, isn't it true that it needs to be notarized too? Doesn't the tax transcript hit two birds with one stone? Are you implying to me that the OP is stupid enough not to realize that?

Edited by consolemaster

mooninitessomeonesetusupp6.jpg

Filed: Other Timeline
Rebbecajo,

I hope you realized that they need to see proof of income from the previous year exceeding the federal poverty guidelines to be a sponsor. What better proof if you have the tax transcript? Are you implying to me that the OP is stupid enough not to realize that?

I'm implying nothing. I'm TELLING you that the instructions for the I134 don't require the last year tax return for proof of income and I'm also telling you that the Federal Poverty Guidelines have nothing to do with it.

Filed: Timeline

consolemaster,

You are on the right track when you suggest that a consulate will likely want to see a past income tax return or 3, but it is not because it's necessary for past income to have exceded the federal poverty level.

It is necessary that current income excede the federal povery level. (Maybe not necessary if there are sufficient assets that could be liquidated, but 'sufficient assets' is not defined for non-immigrants as it is for immigrants.)

Yodrak

Rebbecajo,

I hope you realized that they need to see proof of income from the previous year exceeding the federal poverty guidelines to be a sponsor. What better proof if you have the tax transcript? And, isn't it true that it needs to be notarized too? Doesn't the tax transcript hit two birds with one stone? Are you implying to me that the OP is stupid enough not to realize that?

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
*facepalms*

lol, I like that one!

Hannah, which post are you going to?

If Vancouver, do they even require an I-134?

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

"Lower class"?

Frankly, darling, you do sound rather like the rest of the population when it comes to the matter of "illegal immigration".

You take offense at lower class? What politically correct term do I use, then? Economically disadvantaged?

I have a work mind set and a political mind set. The two are dynamically opposite yet both exist simultaneously in my mind. That's the closest thing that I can get to an explanation without making excuses.

we met: 07-22-01

engaged: 08-03-06

I-129 sent: 01-07-07

NOA2 approved: 04-02-07

packet 3 sent: 05-31-07

interview date: 06-25-07 - approved!

marriage: 07-23-07

AOS sent: 08-10-07

AOS/EAD/AP NOA1: 09-14-07

AOS approved: 11-19-07

green card received: 11-26-07

lifting of conditions filed: 10-29-09

NOA received: 11-09-09

lifting of conditions approved: 12-11-09

*facepalms*

lol, I like that one!

Calgary. I hadn't even thought about that at all. Maybe I'll make the boy call them on Monday...

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
*facepalms*

lol, I like that one!

Calgary. I hadn't even thought about that at all. Maybe I'll make the boy call them on Monday...

Check with the Canadian forum to see which one of the two interviewing Consulates you will use.

It will be either Vancouver BC or Montreal.

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

*facepalms*

lol, I like that one!

Check with the Canadian forum to see which one of the two interviewing Consulates you will use.

It will be either Vancouver BC or Montreal.

Aah. See? I look stupider by the second. This is what I get for expecting my fiance to handle the Canadian side of things. :P

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.