sunshinestate2013

N-400 - March 2017 Filers

2,795 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
5 hours ago, BrianPeppers said:

I thought so... not sure if anybody had a ceremony at Federal Plaza...

Also for people on this last leg of a very exhausting journey, does anybody know if we are breaking any laws pre-filling the Passport Forms at the Dept of State web site so we have a form all ready to submit right after the ceremony ?

My concern is that some government official may interpret that we are claiming to be a US Citizen when filling out the passport form where we have not yet gone through the ceremony.

it's not advisable to do that. it's same as claiming to be US citizen. 

13 minutes ago, Abikyshow said:

it's not advisable to do that. it's same as claiming to be US citizen. 

Thanks for your opinion... wasn't sure whether claiming to be US citizen would apply when I 'Submit' it not at the stage of filling it (not even signed).

20 minutes ago, BrianPeppers said:

Thanks for your opinion... wasn't sure whether claiming to be US citizen would apply when I 'Submit' it not at the stage of filling it (not even signed).

That was my thought too. I think the only harm is signing and submitting before the ceremony. Filling it out, printing it and keeping it until after the ceremony shouldn't be a problem. i have a prefilled form at home that I'll be taking with me to the ceremony so that I can submit right after.

12 minutes ago, Ja2NY said:

That was my thought too. I think the only harm is signing and submitting before the ceremony. Filling it out, printing it and keeping it until after the ceremony shouldn't be a problem. i have a prefilled form at home that I'll be taking with me to the ceremony so that I can submit right after.

I thought the pre-filled DS-11 submits something to the Dept of State?  So when they scan your form, they already have a copy in their system?  Thats the part that worries me.

15 minutes ago, BrianPeppers said:

I thought the pre-filled DS-11 submits something to the Dept of State?  So when they scan your form, they already have a copy in their system?  Thats the part that worries me.

30 minutes ago, Ja2NY said:

Why take the chance after coming so far? Just wait it out until it's official and stop playing with fire.

AOS (I-485) - Vermont Service Center | NYC Field Office

March.....17, 2014..........Package Mailed

March.....20, 2014..........Package Received

April........25, 2014..........Biometrics Taken

June.........7, 2014..........Received EAD (mailbox)

June.......10, 2014..........Interview at Federal Plaza, NYC (hellish experience but approved on the spot)

June.......16, 2014..........Received GC (mailbox)

ROC (I-751) - Vermont Service Center | NYC Field Office

April.......23, 2016...........Package Mailed

April.......26, 2016...........Package Accepted (NOA Receipt Letter - Conditional Status Extended)

June......10, 2016...........Biometrics Taken

April.........8, 2017...........Conditions Lifted (Application Approved)

April......14, 2017............Approval Letter Received (USPS Stamp Dated April 11, 2017)

May.........1, 2017............Received 10 yr GC (mailbox)

Naturalization (N-400) - National Benefits Center | NYC Field Office (3 year Rule)

April....17, 2017.............Package Mailed

April....19, 2017.............Package Received 

May.....19, 2017.............Biometrics Taken

May.....26, 2017.............In Line for Interview

Sep.....12, 2017.............Interview at Federal Plaza (Recommended)

Sep.....27, 2017.............Oath Ceremony (Federal Plaza) - My journey has ended. Will be starting the AOS process for my mom soon. Another chapter will be written.

US Passport & Card: 2017 Applicants
======================================
==================================================
UserName......|Expedited|Sent....|CheckCash|TrackDate|PASSPORT|PPT-CARD|NAT CERT|Location

Private One...|No.......|09/30/17|10/04/17.|10/04/17.|10/14/17|No......|10/13/17|New York, NY

1 hour ago, BrianPeppers said:

The website tells you not to sign the form until requested to do so by authorized agent. On the signature page ther is an oath that asks you to swear you're a citizen by signing. If it's not signed then it shouldn't be s problem

On 8/11/2017 at 2:19 PM, JJBUI3 said:

Today i have 125 days since my last update in my case in line for interview since April 07 on newark office!!! 

I am like 156 days not even in line FP 4/18. NYC FO

2 hours ago, Nick79 said:

Finally in line for an interview as of 8/16; just received text and e-mail. I guess the 2nd FP notice did the trick?

Congrats Nick, it's about darm time....lol...let's hope I am up next

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Poland
Timeline
3 hours ago, Nick79 said:

Finally in line for an interview as of 8/16; just received text and e-mail. I guess the 2nd FP notice did the trick?

Congratulations! Maybe you will not need a lawyer after all...

Just now, casualuser said:

He doesn't just need a whole lot of patience.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline
Just now, casualuser said:

I actually went to the same one who had initially looked over my n400, but he was nice enough not to charge me any $; he told me to give it 2 months and if I don't hear anything by then he can write them a letter. Hopefully my case is back on track (as he suggested) after the 2nd FP. Now the long wait for the actual interview begins...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.