Nicoleramos33

Please helppppppppppppp

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Mexico
Timeline

My husbands I485 was denied back in 2014 for failing to submit documents within the time allowed. So we filed a I290b in Nov of 2014 with the documents requested and his case was sent to another state. Now in Aug of 2016 we receive a letter from the local immigration field office (apparently his file is back) with a RFE for another document to make a final decision on his I485 is what the letter stated & never mentioned anything about the I290b, so I'm not sure if it was approved or not. Anybody have any similar situation??? Or any idea what's going on??? As of today we haven't heard anything from immigration & it's been a longgggg 27 months of patience! I check daily on the website and his case hasn't been updated since 2014. I the national visa center and they just  mail us the same ol generic letter. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

What visa did he originally come in on?

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

***** Moving from AOS from Family Visa to AOS from Tourist Visa for more answers *****

Definitely unusual; I'd suggest contacting the immigration expert at your elected rep's office to see if they can get more info.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Have you submitted and filed the document requested in the August 2016 RFE letter, and on what date were those mailed and sent?

Edited by MXcompadre

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

In your original post you'd indicated that the August 2016 RFE letter was addressed from your local USCIS office, is that correct?  If so, and it's not a great inconvenience to get there/travel to I would suggest you take a copy of the letter they had sent you in August 2016, along with photocopies of everything your sent and submitted and mailed in November 2016.  Ask them if they could assist you with the status of your RFE.  My motto is to be 'proactivo', and with courtesy and diplomacy you can master almost anything... Buen suerte!    

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.