Lobo30

Cr1 approve but recieved visa is K3

17 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello everybody i just want to know cos i've done with my interview for K3 and everything went fine but they put me on AR due to incomplete documents(Police Certificate Hongkong). At the sametime we also pursue the Cr1 i attend the interview last March 26 and the Consul told me that im approved and wait for my visa for few days...I recieved my passport together with my brown envelope, but when i saw my visa type its K3...i thought it was understood for them that we already want the Cr1 not the K3.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

If the interview for the K3 was first then that might be why you received the K3 visa. Hopefully the CR 1 visa is on its way, probably should contact them though and see what's going on just to make sure.

Timeline
If the interview for the K3 was first then that might be why you received the K3 visa. Hopefully the CR 1 visa is on its way, probably should contact them though and see what's going on just to make sure.

Hi thanks for your reply..I contact them right away and they told me what i gonna do. so right away i make a letter indicate there that im going to pursue my cr1 not the k3 and together with the copy of my k3 visa...You think is there gonna be a problem regarding on my visa? thank you again

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi thanks for your reply..I contact them right away and they told me what i gonna do. so right away i make a letter indicate there that im going to pursue my cr1 not the k3 and together with the copy of my k3 visa...You think is there gonna be a problem regarding on my visa? thank you again

yes even i feel cr-1 will be better choice in your case will cause less hassles for adjustment of status later on

india.gifusa.gif

NVC:

03/14/2007-NVC ASSIGNS CASE NUMBER

03/29/2007-AOS FEE BILL AND DS-3032 GENERATED

03/29/2007-AOS FEE BILL FEES MAILED AND DS-3032 MAILED

04/03/2007-NVC ACKNOWLEDGES CHOICE OF AGENT

04/10/2007-I.V FEE BILL GENERATED

04/18/2007-I-864 GENERATED

04/20/2007-I.V. BILL RECEIVED & MAILED TO N.V.C

04/23/2007-I-864 SENT TO NVC

04/26/2007-I.V. FEE BILL & I-864 ENTERED INTO THE NVC SYSTEM

04/30/2007-NVC BARCODE & INSTRUCTIONS FOR DS-230

05/09/2007-DS-230 SENT

05/23/2007-CASE COMPLETED

VISA APPROVED .

05/XX/2007-FLIGHT To JFK POE

another step of I-751 coming near :)

p.s. My opinion is only what i read research and get advices from experienced people.I aint any

lawyer .

.png

Namastey !

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

The CR1 is the best visa because you are done when u get here. Call and see if you can get the CR1 visa. All the best :thumbs:

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline
The CR1 is the best visa because you are done when u get here. Call and see if you can get the CR1 visa. All the best :thumbs:

Hi thanks for all the reply..Yah we want the Cr1, hope it will not take long to recieved my visa for Cr1, since i already done interview for that and CO told me that im approved and wait for my visa for fewdays.

Edited by Lobo30

Filed: Timeline
Hello everybody i just want to know cos i've done with my interview for K3 and everything went fine but they put me on AR due to incomplete documents(Police Certificate Hongkong). At the sametime we also pursue the Cr1 i attend the interview last March 26 and the Consul told me that im approved and wait for my visa for few days...I recieved my passport together with my brown envelope, but when i saw my visa type its K3...i thought it was understood for them that we already want the Cr1 not the K3.

the embassy can give you the type of visa they want. really I am surprised the k-3 was not cancelled. so what you gonna do?

turn in the visa? or be reunited?

shon.gif

Filed: Timeline

Hi thanks for all the reply..Yah we want the Cr1, hope it will not take long to recieved my visa for Cr1, since i already done interview for that and CO told me that im approved and wait for my visa for fewdays.

I would suggest you take the visa and run! you could so easily wind up on AP/AR longer! all for a dayum visa? thats crazy. you are comming from phila. I know a lady that was on AP/AR 3 years from manilia.

shon.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

If i understood well, and am correct ( i have read it here of what i believe a good source) you have 6 months timeframe in which you can activate the k-3 visa at the POE; it gives you time to wait for the cr-1 visa. It depends of how long you want to wait...and/or i would make sure with the cr-1 intervier...in some cases, at the nvc level, sometimes they stop the i-130 visa to let people continue with the I-129; i don't know if it applies here, but...this parralel work on 2 visas...i still try to understand the logic...Good luck!

CR-1, VT- Canada

I-130:

25 Aug 06 - Sent I-130 (a Friday)

28 Aug 06 - NOA1 & Certif. receipt returned ( a Monday) Day 1

29 Aug 06 - USCIS cashes check

30 Aug 06 - check cleared & 1ST TOUCH.

01 Sept 06 - NOA1 recvd by Mail

09 Sept 06 - 2ND TOUCH (a Saturday)

09 Mai 07 - NOA2 (2 e-mails)

Note: were told the long delay due to huge backlog and internal changes in VT

NVC :

04-June-07 - NVC generates DS-3032 & AOS bill

12-June-07 - AOS Bill payment sent/ alien receives DS-3032 form (by mail, dated 4th June)

13-June-07 - Alien sends back completed DS-3032 (by mail)/ rcvd 19th of June approx.

To mid July-07 - I-864 form sent completed and IV fee bill

19-July-07 NVC rcv I-864 form; mail signature rcvd.

22-Aug-07 Ds-230 with documents sent to NVC.

20-Sep - 07 Alien sends NVC Missing document. NVC receives it the 25th.

05-Oct - 07 NVC completed.

16-Jan - 08 Interview, 3 questions asked, visa approved same day, received 1week later approx.

Note: delay due to internal delay, missing document (not rfe) and self procrastination of understanding some abstract terms. C Post not at all reliable (delivery duration, delivery with signature (did not deliver personnaly), and delivery of interview letter rcvd after the interview).

In USA:

01-03-08 POE Entry in USA

...-03-08 2 Welcome in America letters and green card received.

"What I know is that I know nothing"

If i understood well, and am correct ( i have read it here of what i believe a good source) you have 6 months timeframe in which you can activate the k-3 visa at the POE; it gives you time to wait for the cr-1 visa. It depends of how long you want to wait...and/or i would make sure with the cr-1 intervier...in some cases, at the nvc level, sometimes they stop the i-130 visa to let people continue with the I-129; i don't know if it applies here, but...this parralel work on 2 visas...i still try to understand the logic...Good luck!

Please give us an update. We are about to go though exactly what you did. We are trying to figure out if we should interview for BOTH K3 and CR1 or what but never had any solid replies here yet. We of course want the CR1, but it would be cool to have the K3 in hand also before our CR1 JUST IN CASE. Any other experience here would be greatly appreciated.

Orimai

July 23 2006 - Sent I-130 Nebraska Service Center.                March 03,2017 - Filed I-130 petition for Alien Relative (Mother) by USC Potomac Service Center

October 16 - I-130 Approved.                                                   March 24, 2017 - Received I-797C, Notice of Action

October 25 - Received I-797

October 27 - Sent I-129F to Chicago

October 30 - I-129F received at Chicago

November 1 - Received NVC Case Number

November 25 - Received Packet from NVC

November 27 - I-129F transfered to CA Service Center

November 30 - Sent DS-3032 Back to NVC

December 26 - Received Packet Requesting AOS

January 05 2007 - Received IV Fee Bill

January 15 - Sent IV Fee Bill

January 21 - NVC Receives IV Fee Bill

January 25 - NVC Sends DS-230

January 27 - Sent I-864 Packet NVC

January 30 - NVC Receives I-864's

February 2 - I-129F Approved

February 14 - I-129F Received @ NVC

February 19 - Receive DS-230 Packet

February 21 - Sent DS-230 Back

February 23 - NVC Receives DS-230

February 26 - NVC Sends I-129F to Embassy

March 2 - Embassy Receives Case

March 8 - CR1 Case Completed

March 14 - Packet 4 Sent from Embassy (K3)

April 2 - Packet 4 (K3)

April 3 - INTERVIEW CR1 Received! web

May 9 - St. Lukes Medical

May 16 - K3 Interview Manila, requested CR1 instead, granted.

May 18 - CR1 Approved, released to Delbros

May 22 - CR1 Visa Arrives to our hotel in Manila

May 28 - POE Los Angeles

June 15 - SSN & Green Card Arrive

March 1 2010 - N-400

July 2 2010 - Naturalization Ceremony

Timeline

Hi everyone.... We still decided to pursue my Cr1 visa application eventhough i already had my K3 visa.. I went to embassy last April 10 and surrender my brown envelope together with my passport, the CO interview me again he asked me why i dont want the K3 visa since they already issued me.. I just told him the advantage of Cr1 application and i also told that them. that's why i attend the last interview for Cr1 cos we really want to pursue it.Im not in a rushed to be reunited with my hubby. He still deployed in kuwait and back this coming July. So hoping before my hubby come back my Cr1 is already done by that time..

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline
IT MUST BE NICE TO PICK AND CHOOSE THE VISA YOU WANT, WHEN YOU HAVE THE DAYUM THING IN YOUR HAND. i THINK BEING REUNITED FASTER WITH A SPOUSE IS ALOT BETTER. THAN WASTING more TIME PERSUING ANOTHER LONG AZZ WAIT..SOUNDS PRETTY DAYUM SELFISH TO ME..

Well I guess I understand your reasoning since your husband is not in US anyway till July

***I-130***

2006-12-14 I-130 Sent to Vermont Service Center

2007-01-12 I-130 NOA1

2007-04-06 Approved!

***I-129F (new form)***

2007-01-31 I-129F Sent to Chicago

2007-02-07 I-129F NOA1

2007-04-06 Approved!

***US Embassy Islamabad***

2007-04-25 Packet Received by my wife

2007-05-15 Medical Exam

2007-05-29 Interview Approved!

2007-05-29 AP starts

2007-11-01 Wife got call to pickup her Visa from American Express

2008-01-12 POE at JFK

***I-485***

2008-11-10 I-485 Sent to Chicago

2008-11-20 Payment accepted

2008-11-22 I-485 NOA1

2009-01-09 Biometric

2009-03-08 Interview Letter

2009-04-08 Interview Approved!

2009-04-08 Welcome letter received

2009-04-18 Green Card Received

USA_b.gifpakistan_b.gif

Disclaimer: I'm not a lawyer and anything posted is just my own opinion

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.