Captain Ewok

Manila Embassy Interview/Visa Status

2,962 posts in this topic

it's now 4:14am Manila time June 7th. best of luck to David-Mae Forever with their interview today. :thumbs:

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yes, David and Mae, God bless you for your interview. We're waiting to hear the good news!!!!!

I-129F Sent : 2006-11-22

I-129F NOA1 : 2006-11-28

Touched: 2007-2-20

Touched: 2007-2-21

NOA2: 22FEB07

Assigned Case Number and sent to Embassy in Manila: 2007-2-28

Received in Manila: 06Mar07

Interview: 05Jun07

Visa delivered: 12June07

Arrival in Los Angeles: 04Aug07

AOS approved: 29Feb08

My result says something like.."case number does not appear on the appointment data" (really, i forgot the exact statement).

In a matter of 5 mins, when I check the site again, it gave me an error page. I am basically online all day, so I check it every now and then.

Visa appointment website is already working, but I could not find mine. :crying: :crying:

http://usembassy.state.gov/manila/wwwh3023.html

I tried the link you posted but it is still directing me to an error page.. It says, page cannot be displayed.. What appeared on yours? Thanks.

Julie

NATURALIZATION

01-11-2014 N-400 Packet Sent

01-17-2014 Check cleared

01-24-2014 Received NOA dated 01/14 in the mail

02-20-2014 1st Service Request created for delayed biometric appointment letter

03-01-2014 Received 'yellow' letter in the mail

03-28-2014 2nd Service Request created since the 1st request had no response from the assigned Service Center

04-07-2014 Received biometric appointment letter in the mail

04-25-2014 At last, my biometric appointment!!!!

06-09-2014 Interview - recommended for approval!

07-17-2014 Oath Ceremoney USCIS-Orlando Office! I'm A United States Citizen

AOS AND EAD
02-13-2009 AOS Packet Sent
02-15-2009 Delivered to Chicago Lockbox
02-23-2009 Date of NOA1 (AOS & EAD)
02-25-2009 Check Cleared
02-27-2009 Received NOA1s (AOS and EAD) and Bio Appointment Letter in the mail!!
03-18-2009 Biometric Appointment
04-17-2009 EAD card production ordered!
04-27-2009 EAD card in received in mail
06-19-2009 Received interview appointment in the mail
08-19-2009 Interview Date APPROVED!
08-28-2009 Received 10-year GC in the mail

Fely's at St. Luke's right now. Its been 3 hours since I heard from her, when she'd just finished filling out the forms. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that all will go well. She was feeling well and no current pimple outbreaks, so just hoping for no surprises.

View pictures of my April/May trip to the Philippines

View pictures of my Sept trip to the Philippines

Gary (California, USA) filamflag.gif Fely (Zambales, Philippines)

09-11-06 Married

10-12-06 I-130 Mailed Priority

10-14-06 Delivered to CSC

10-16-06 CSC receipt date

10-18-06 NOA1 date

10-19,20,21-06 Touched

12-28,29-06 Touched and very happy about it

12-28-06 NOA2 date

01-15-07 Received at NVC & DS3032 & AOS bill sent

01-20-07 AOS fee bill received

01-30-07 eMailed DS3032 choice of agent

02-05-07 Received email approval for DS3032

02-20-07 Received I-864 package

02-23-07 Received IV fee bill

02-27-07 Paid IV fee

03-12-07 Info packet generated

03-20-07 Mailed I-864 package

03-31-07 Received info packet

04-04-07 RFE mailed by NVC

04-26-07 Mailed RFE response & DS-230 packet to NVC

04-30-07 NVC receives papers

05-10-07 Case complete

05-22-07 Case left NVC

05-24-07 Received pkt 4 in California

06-07-07 Medical Exam

06-28-07 Interview (approved)

06-24-07 - 07-16-07 Gary's trip to Philippines, and I brought Fely home

07-27-07 SSN card received

08-13-08 Green card received

07-10-09 I-751 mailed

08-15-09 Lifting of conditions approved

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
I have a question...

When can i apply for my SSN? After the wedding, right?

Congrats on your visa! If I am correct you should wait about 2 weeks and then apply for your ss#. Then you need to file a name change after the wedding. Here is the guide for this step hope it helps! http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...om&page=ssn

Hope that helps. Again congrats...I am so looking forward to the day my sweetheart has hers in hand as well! :thumbs:

Thank you shaggy for the info, i will save that and also for congratulating me thank you.

I have another question...can i apply for my SSN alone or my fiance will apply it for me? Since my fiance is still overseas for a mission.

~*God Speed*~

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi everyone!

just want to ask some info regarding what documents i need to bring with me at the airport when me and my kids will leave for the US, aside of course from our visas. I have three kids and i was never married to their father and the birth certificates of my kids don't list their father's name. I know I don't need any DSWD clearance to take my kids out of the country. But i have read somewhere that at the NAIA airport, the Immigration people would ask for birth certificates and CENOMAR from me to confirm i have custody of my kids and don't need father's consent? I just want to know if this is true, especially from those with K2 children, what were your experiences about this? And if they do need those documents, would they require originals or just photocopies?

I don't have yet our visas but I just want to prepare all the documents I may need as early as possible. Thanks!

congrats! btw, can you fill out your vj timeline. thank you.

Ate Cora.... I got my Visa June 6/Cagayan de Oro City. Salamat po:)

NATURALIZATION

01-11-2014 N-400 Packet Sent

01-17-2014 Check cleared

01-24-2014 Received NOA dated 01/14 in the mail

02-20-2014 1st Service Request created for delayed biometric appointment letter

03-01-2014 Received 'yellow' letter in the mail

03-28-2014 2nd Service Request created since the 1st request had no response from the assigned Service Center

04-07-2014 Received biometric appointment letter in the mail

04-25-2014 At last, my biometric appointment!!!!

06-09-2014 Interview - recommended for approval!

07-17-2014 Oath Ceremoney USCIS-Orlando Office! I'm A United States Citizen

AOS AND EAD
02-13-2009 AOS Packet Sent
02-15-2009 Delivered to Chicago Lockbox
02-23-2009 Date of NOA1 (AOS & EAD)
02-25-2009 Check Cleared
02-27-2009 Received NOA1s (AOS and EAD) and Bio Appointment Letter in the mail!!
03-18-2009 Biometric Appointment
04-17-2009 EAD card production ordered!
04-27-2009 EAD card in received in mail
06-19-2009 Received interview appointment in the mail
08-19-2009 Interview Date APPROVED!
08-28-2009 Received 10-year GC in the mail

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Got few questions:

1. When is I-864 required?

2. Can I already work if I already have SSN?

3. I understand that EAD is no longer required to apply for SSN but I can only have EAD during AOS. Am i right?

4. I need to know when can i exactly start working?

thanks.

hi everyone!

just want to ask some info regarding what documents i need to bring with me at the airport when me and my kids will leave for the US, aside of course from our visas. I have three kids and i was never married to their father and the birth certificates of my kids don't list their father's name. I know I don't need any DSWD clearance to take my kids out of the country. But i have read somewhere that at the NAIA airport, the Immigration people would ask for birth certificates and CENOMAR from me to confirm i have custody of my kids and don't need father's consent? I just want to know if this is true, especially from those with K2 children, what were your experiences about this? And if they do need those documents, would they require originals or just photocopies?

I don't have yet our visas but I just want to prepare all the documents I may need as early as possible. Thanks!

hi... got the same situation my friend. But no need to worry there is no need for you to show them anything except for the passport with the visa and stickers from the CFO and the sealed envelopes from the Embassy( do not open it).and of course the ticket. he he he...kidding aside I and my daughter were scare too the whole duration of the flight but it was very exciting too. Just put a smile of ur face and enjoy the whole flight. The immigration officers are all good and understanding. Be ur self and just answer the questions they ask you.But it would be wise not to check-in ur Documents bring it with you.

Got few questions:

the I-864 Affidavit of Support will be used when you AOS.

you also need an EAD to be employed.

3. I understand that EAD is no longer required to apply for SSN but I can only have EAD during AOS. Am i right?

a K-1 can obtain a SSN without an EAD. you need to do so before your I-94 expires. best to do so no later than 2 to 3 weeks before your I-94 expires.

depends on how soon you marry and submit AOS/EAD after arriving in the USA. it takes about 3 months for the EAD

thanks.

Jeng

Got a few answers (this reminds me of imaskin because I always wanna write imatellin... hehehehe):

The I-864 (Affidavit of Support) is required when submitting the I-485 (Adjustment of Status Application) for the Adjustment of Status (AOS) process and must be accomplished after the petitioner and beneficiary marry in the United States.

Absolutely NOT! Working prior to your AOS approval is prohibited and is grounds for deportation, per US Immigration Laws. Besides, a SSN is not even required to apply and/or complete the AOS process.

Yes! The EAD is issued during the AOS process and at no other time .

The beneficiary is permitted to work:

1. When the beneficiary's EAD application (I-765) is approved and the EAD Card has been received or

2. two, when the AOS is approved and the green card is received.

The Green Card "Permanant Residency Card" supercedes the EAD Card and Advance Parole permiting the now Permanant Resident to work and travel outside the United States.

Cheers!!!

Sheriff Uling

[CLICK HERE] - MANILA EMBASSY K1 VISA GUIDE (Review Post #1)

[CLICK HERE] - VJ Acronyms and USCIS Form Definitions (A Handy Reference Tool)

Manila Embassy K1 Visa Information

4.2 National Visa Center (NVC) | (603) 334-0700 press 1, then 5....

4.3 Manila Embassy (Immigrant Visa Unit) | 011-632-301-2000 ext 5184 or dial 0

4.4 Department of State | (202) 663-1225, press 1, press 0,

4.5 Document Verification | CLICK HERE

4.6 Visa Interview Appointments website | CLICK HERE

4.7 St. Lukes | 011-63-2-521-0020

5.1 DELBROS website | CLICK HERE

6.2 CFO Guidance and Counseling Seminar | MANILA or CEBU

6.3 I-94 Arrival / Departure info | CLICK HERE

Adjustment of Status (AOS) Information

Please review the signature and story tab of my wife's profile, [Deputy Uling].

DISCLAIMER: Providing information does not constitute legal consul nor is intended as a substitute for legal representation.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
Jeng

Got a few answers (this reminds me of imaskin because I always wanna write imatellin... hehehehe):

The I-864 (Affidavit of Support) is required when submitting the I-485 (Adjustment of Status Application) for the Adjustment of Status (AOS) process and must be accomplished after the petitioner and beneficiary marry in the United States.

Absolutely NOT! Working prior to your AOS approval is prohibited and is grounds for deportation, per US Immigration Laws. Besides, a SSN is not even required to apply and/or complete the AOS process.

Yes! The EAD is issued during the AOS process and at no other time .

The beneficiary is permitted to work:

1. When the beneficiary's EAD application (I-765) is approved and the EAD Card has been received or

2. two, when the AOS is approved and the green card is received.

The Green Card "Permanant Residency Card" supercedes the EAD Card and Advance Parole permiting the now Permanant Resident to work and travel outside the United States.

Cheers!!!

Sheriff Uling

and 'imalaughin' :lol:

by the way, kuya sheriff do you know the answer to my question....who will apply for my SSN me or my fiance? and he's still in the warzone in the first month that i will get to the states.

thank you.

Edited by imaskin

~*God Speed*~

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
hi everyone!

hi... got the same situation my friend. But no need to worry there is no need for you to show them anything except for the passport with the visa and stickers from the CFO and the sealed envelopes from the Embassy( do not open it).and of course the ticket. he he he...kidding aside I and my daughter were scare too the whole duration of the flight but it was very exciting too. Just put a smile of ur face and enjoy the whole flight. The immigration officers are all good and understanding. Be ur self and just answer the questions they ask you.But it would be wise not to check-in ur Documents bring it with you.

Thanks for this info!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.