Manila Embassy Interview/Visa Status

2,962 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hi guys....

I need your inputs regarding the DS Forms. I should submit

2 DS 156

2 DS 157

1 DS 156k for myself and its the same for my son except the DS 156k right?

On DS 156 #41 applicants signature-what will I do for my son since his only 3 yrs old? Should I just stamp his thumb mark?

Is it ok to just use the DS 156k and DS 157 that the embassy sent in the packet? I already downloaded the DS 156 and got the barcode but the others not cuz there's a problem with the site I guess, it wont let me type anything. I thought its only my pc acting weird so I went in an internet cafe but its still doing the same thing.

Im wondering.... if the embassy really wants/asks for the DS forms that got done online or not?

Embassy sent 4 DS 156, 4 DS 157, 1 DS 156k

DS-156 two for you, two for your son

DS-157 two for you, two for your son

DS-156K one for you, not needed for your son.

DS-157 and 156k, you can use either the one's provided in your packet or one's you can download.

since your son is 3 yrs old, I would think you could sign the DS-156 for him. perhaps others with similar situation will chime in

best of luck with the interview.

Thanks a lot again Roy and Yazi :thumbs:

Timeline
Thank you very very very much Helen! This is so encouraging and educational.

I hope the doctor wont be that thorough on his/her test. yes, i will get medical certificates and bring records. however, both you and PW mentioned that i must not offer them unless asked to. Thought there was a form that i had to fill-out to disclose the illnesses i had...if i dont disclose and they find out and i showed them the medical certificates and records, won't it be a problem? wont i be in trouble for misrepresentation? it is clear that if i brought med certificates and records, i am knowledgable of my illnesses which i should have disclosed in the form...

my interview will be on the 22nd of may and i scheduled my medical this 10th. do i have enough time? i really pray that they wont notice it so no further exam will be made.

again, ur advice is very much appreciated and thanked for.

Jeng, you may disclose about your Thyroid problem since you were treated and work-ups were done, and present the Medical Certificate from your private Doctor. About the cervical/peri-auricular lymph node, if they notice it, then deny it. Tell them you have not noticed and not feeling anything wrong with it. I don't think they will notice though. The panel phycisian on my case did not ask me to fill-out forms regarding my illnesses, she ask some diseases and I just said "NO"... (she wouldn't know anyway and I'm sure I don't have any communicable illness). If you can have your medical next week, it will be much better, so you have more time to relax before your interview and not think so much about your medical (just an advice).

Hi Ate Cora! Please update us :innocent: We got our visa too :dance::dance::dance: Delivered by Delbros 05/04 in Bacolod City. I have to start packing now :yes: Thanks to all of you who have helped us through...the good advises and encouragement and prayers! See you all at the AOS forum :yes:

Coco Puff

Hello! Ate PW, pls update our timeline. Visa was delivered May 4, 2007 at Cebu City. Now, I am packing my things for my May 10 trip to be with my beloved Bryan.

Thanks everybody for all the help. Godbless!

Marie

To CocoPuff and Marie-->

24a25afdb39a42e1dd00cb97c4425ddb.gif

Thanks so much Helen and PW.

By the way, I had my annual med exam too last Saturday. I had my xray too. Is it possible that if the result is okay, ill tell the SLMEC that I recently had my xray and they wont do it again this thursday? will they rely on it or they will definitely have an independent xray?

Godbless you always!

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
I'm having problem with the spelling of my lastname. I am the only one in my family that has clerical error in my lastname on my birth certificate, i never corrected it. Let's say the correct spelling of our lastname is "ABCDE" but mine is "ABCDF". From my passport to my NBI clearance, police clearance, copy issuance of my birthcertificate from NSO, my college record, i use my lastname as "ABCDF" as what is on my birthcertificate. The name of my parents are visible on my DS 157 form and mine has a different spelling. During the I129F submission (G325A-my parents' names were written too) i have used the Affidavit of dissesnterested persons as supporting paper. Is the Affidavit of Dissenterested Persons, my father's birthcertificate and my parent's marriage certificate will be fine as back up papers? :help:

thank you po.

cenomar doesn't need to be authenticated at the Malacañan palace, right?

and is it alright that a k1 visa holder will bring dried fish (danggit) to the US?

~*God Speed*~

I hope the doctor wont be that thorough on his/her test. yes, i will get medical certificates and bring records. however, both you and PW mentioned that i must not offer them unless asked to. Thought there was a form that i had to fill-out to disclose the illnesses i had...if i dont disclose and they find out and i showed them the medical certificates and records, won't it be a problem? wont i be in trouble for misrepresentation? it is clear that if i brought med certificates and records, i am knowledgable of my illnesses which i should have disclosed in the form...

my interview will be on the 22nd of may and i scheduled my medical this 10th. do i have enough time? i really pray that they wont notice it so no further exam will be made.

Jeng, you may disclose about your Thyroid problem since you were treated and work-ups were done, and present the Medical Certificate from your private Doctor. About the cervical/peri-auricular lymph node, if they notice it, then deny it. Tell them you have not noticed and not feeling anything wrong with it. I don't think they will notice though. The panel phycisian on my case did not ask me to fill-out forms regarding my illnesses, she ask some diseases and I just said "NO"... (she wouldn't know anyway and I'm sure I don't have any communicable illness). If you can have your medical next week, it will be much better, so you have more time to relax before your interview and not think so much about your medical (just an advice).

Hi Ate Cora! Please update us :innocent: We got our visa too :dance::dance::dance: Delivered by Delbros 05/04 in Bacolod City. I have to start packing now :yes: Thanks to all of you who have helped us through...the good advises and encouragement and prayers! See you all at the AOS forum :yes:

Coco Puff

Hello! Ate PW, pls update our timeline. Visa was delivered May 4, 2007 at Cebu City. Now, I am packing my things for my May 10 trip to be with my beloved Bryan.

Marie

To CocoPuff and Marie-->

By the way, I had my annual med exam too last Saturday. I had my xray too. Is it possible that if the result is okay, ill tell the SLMEC that I recently had my xray and they wont do it again this thursday? will they rely on it or they will definitely have an independent xray?

Godbless you always!

Hi Jeng all i can say is good luck to you on your medical. Helen and Ate Cora had given u good advices on what u can do.

If u had an xray recently, inform them and bring your result with your negative. From that they would evaluate if u gonna have an xray or not. Anyways they ask if u have previous xrays and if so, they ask when was that and if u have the results with u so show it to them. Im sure u'll doing good in your med exams...hope to meet u at the USE on the 22nd, we have same sked :) .

NATURALIZATION TIMELINE

May 16, 2011~ mailed N-400

May 20, 2011~ received NOA1

May 31, 2011~ Biometrics letter received sked June 1st

June 01,2011~ Biometrics appt. DONE!

June 23, 2011~ email notification scheduled for Testing and Interview

June 27, 2011~ received interview letter by mail

Aug 01, 2011~ interview at Atlanta GA, PASSED!

Aug 05, 2011~ Oath taking at 1pm

ROC TIMELINE

Nov. 30, 2009~mailed I-751 (VSC)

Dec. 03, 2009~Extension letter and NOA1 received

Jan. 04, 2010~ Biometrics at Metairie, LA

March 10, 2010~ approved!

March 13, 2010~ approval notice sent

March 15, 2010~ received approval letter and GC in mail!

Filed: Other Timeline

I just recently arrived here in US with my parents. :dance: I accompanied them for the immigrant visa interview at Manila embassy last April 16. :star:

I wanna thank the VJ family for being instrumental to our success. :innocent: May the Lord bless you all. :)

I'll be forever grateful to this VJ forum. (L)

I wish you all the best. :star:

With love and prayers, (F)

Francel

Filed: Other Timeline

Thanks Cora,

Oo nga e. She's very happy....She glances at her visa almost everyday :star:

Thanks for all your help Cora......You're the best!

Francel

You know, I just don't understand why these old guys don't just move to the Philippines - they would have more young "companionship" than they ever dreamed was possible (except for Hugh Hefner) in Angeles City or Subic Bay

This comment is very condescending of Filipina women and is offensive.

My parents' interview was last April 16, 2007 (Monday). APPROVED with flying colors!

Congrats Francel! Natapos din ang nerbiyos ni Mommy ano?

My home has never been so clean, Nor my heart so happy. Sweet Judy is in the bed with the flu, she refuses to go to the doctor. If she is not better within the next day or two...well, I am bigger than her.

Aha, threatening her already! :lol:

Oh and Gents, be aware of the cultural differences that you will face...I caught Judy a fresh fish which she promptly cooked...Then I watched in near horror as the beautiful, delicate flower of a woman that I love deeply...ate its head. :blink:

YUMMY!!! It would have been priceless to see the look on your face when she ate the head :lol:

Have you tried barbequed chicken feet (fondly called Adidas), and barbequed chicken intestines (called IUD). Exotic food with American-sounding names. Careful what you order in the restaurants here next time.

I've always wondered why the fishes and prawns in the US were headless. Can someone please explain?

hi sister!!!i was at baguio from may 4-may 6. just got home at 12am . we stayed at morning glory located at navy base morning glory and very close to st. joseph church (where charlene and aga got married). I liked the flow of the wedding ceremony that was organized by the wedding coordinator on my friends wedding .so many things wanted to do however my time is very constrain since there were lots of things to arrange. omg 24 days il be leaving...rush..rush..rush for my school reqrs.hehehehhe. miss yah iya!

Hi sis! I just got back from Baguio as well. Arrived there Friday, left Monday morning. Grabe, wish I could've stayed longer! I so didn't want to leave this morning :crying: I had to laugh at myself cuz I still went to the sale at SMBaguio, even though I kept telling myself I won't cuz it's the same sale that I can go to when back in Manila. :innocent:

I was going to text you, but my phone ran out of juice, and I left my charger at home. Hope to talk to you soon!

PS: I counted houses, there's more than 3! I wouldn't have been able to tell without counting cuz it's so peaceful and quiet where I stayed.

I-129F sent .........................8/08/2006

Interview............................3/23/2007

VISA RECEIVED .......................3/29/2007

Sent AOS package to CHI..............7/12/2007

Biometrics in CLE, OH................8/14/2007

Interview in CLE, OH................10/16/2007

GREEN CARD RECEIVED.................11/15/2007

Sent ROC to CSC......................8/10/2009

NOA1.................................8/12/2009

Biometrics...........................9/18/2009

Card Production Ordered ............10/01/2009

Sent N400 to AZ lockbox ............11/08/2010

Application received................11/12/2010

Check cashed........................11/15/2010

Biometrics (CLE)....................12/03/2010

Interview (CLE).....................01/14/2010

Oath Taking (CLE)...................02/04/2010

Timeline

Coco Puff

Marie

To CocoPuff and Marie-->

Godbless you always!

Hi Jeng all i can say is good luck to you on your medical. Helen and Ate Cora had given u good advices on what u can do.

If u had an xray recently, inform them and bring your result with your negative. From that they would evaluate if u gonna have an xray or not. Anyways they ask if u have previous xrays and if so, they ask when was that and if u have the results with u so show it to them. Im sure u'll doing good in your med exams...hope to meet u at the USE on the 22nd, we have same sked :) .

Thank you Maria. When are you going to have your medical? Are you done with it already?

Anyways, let us try to meet on the 22nd. It will make a difference to have someone with you over there to get through that nerve-wracking experience of waiting...are you gonna be with your fiance?

see you and Godbless us.

Godbless you always!

Jeng, SLEC will do their own CXR exams even if you just had it recently. What they will do is they will ask for your previous CXR plates and do comparison, so it is better to bring the CXR results and plates with you during your medical exam. Good Luck, you'll be just fine!

HELEN

agif003.gif

22 February 2010 - mailed the N-400 packet

02 March 2010 - Check encashed/I-797C NOA

03 March 2010 - USCIS Acceptance Confirmation via e-mail and text message

06 March 2010 - received I-797C, Notice of Action/Receipt

01 April 2010 - Biometrics Appointment (Biometrics done 4/7/10)

27 April 2010 - received I-797C/ Request to Appear for Naturalization Interview

02 June 2010 - Interview schedule

17 June 2010 - Oath Taking (Memorial Auditorium, Sacramento, CA)

Timeline

Godbless you always!

Jeng, SLEC will do their own CXR exams even if you just had it recently. What they will do is they will ask for your previous CXR plates and do comparison, so it is better to bring the CXR results and plates with you during your medical exam. Good Luck, you'll be just fine!

Thank you so so much Helen.

Godbless you.

cenomar doesn't need to be authenticated at the Malacañan palace, right?

and is it alright that a k1 visa holder will bring dried fish (danggit) to the US?

No problem bringing dried fish into the US. I've brought some back with me on each of my 3 trips (for my sister-in-law in Montana). The customs guys never even give it a second glance. As for the cenomar authentication, it is not necessary, but some people like to get it anyway.

All this talk about Baguio makes me want to go back there again. If anyone is interested in a delicious American meal, I recommend Sizzlin' Plate, I think its on Session Road. It was there I had the best Porterhouse Steak ever, and it only cost $4 (200P). Maybe on my next upcoming trip I'll convince Fely that we have to go visit our niece that works in Bagiuo one last time before she leave the PI.

Gary

View pictures of my April/May trip to the Philippines

View pictures of my Sept trip to the Philippines

Gary (California, USA) filamflag.gif Fely (Zambales, Philippines)

09-11-06 Married

10-12-06 I-130 Mailed Priority

10-14-06 Delivered to CSC

10-16-06 CSC receipt date

10-18-06 NOA1 date

10-19,20,21-06 Touched

12-28,29-06 Touched and very happy about it

12-28-06 NOA2 date

01-15-07 Received at NVC & DS3032 & AOS bill sent

01-20-07 AOS fee bill received

01-30-07 eMailed DS3032 choice of agent

02-05-07 Received email approval for DS3032

02-20-07 Received I-864 package

02-23-07 Received IV fee bill

02-27-07 Paid IV fee

03-12-07 Info packet generated

03-20-07 Mailed I-864 package

03-31-07 Received info packet

04-04-07 RFE mailed by NVC

04-26-07 Mailed RFE response & DS-230 packet to NVC

04-30-07 NVC receives papers

05-10-07 Case complete

05-22-07 Case left NVC

05-24-07 Received pkt 4 in California

06-07-07 Medical Exam

06-28-07 Interview (approved)

06-24-07 - 07-16-07 Gary's trip to Philippines, and I brought Fely home

07-27-07 SSN card received

08-13-08 Green card received

07-10-09 I-751 mailed

08-15-09 Lifting of conditions approved

All this talk about Baguio makes me want to go back there again. If anyone is interested in a delicious American meal, I recommend Sizzlin' Plate, I think its on Session Road. It was there I had the best Porterhouse Steak ever, and it only cost $4 (200P). Maybe on my next upcoming trip I'll convince Fely that we have to go visit our niece that works in Bagiuo one last time before she leave the PI.

Gary

yep, its along Session road....I brought my fiance there and he couldn't believe its super cheap for a sizzling like that....the prices are still thesame.... :thumbs:

K2 ROC Time line
08/31/11 - package sent to CSC
09/02/11 - package delivered(Labor day weekend)
09/07/11 - check cashed
09/21/11 - requested NOA replacement
09/29/11 - received replacement of NOA(no NOA date)
02/03/12 - email received card production ordered!!!
02/09/12 - GC received

N-400 Time line
09/05/12 - package sent to Phoenix AZ
09/07/12 - package received
09/10/12 - NOA sent
09/11/12 - check cashed, email and text received
09/13/12 - biometrics sent
09/14/12 - received NOA(took 4 days to received!!!)
09/15/12 - biometrics letter received
09/26/12 - finger print done
09/28/12 - placed in line for an interview schedule
11/21/12 - interview scheduled
11/28/12 - received interview letter
12/26/12 - INTERVIEW DAY at 2pm
12/31/12 - scheduled for oath ceremony
01/17/13 - OATH CEREMONY

I-30 Petition for Father

6/23/16 - sent application

6/29/16 - NOA1

8/03/16 - NOA2

9/19/16 - NVC approved notice thru email

9/25/16 - AOS fee paid online

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

For the medical you have to bring 3 pcs. of visa picture , appointment letter, passport, and if you have a previous CXR plate you will bring also.

The Forms is for the interview only.

What should I bring to my medical on Thursday?

Do I already need to bring the DS 156, 157 and 156K forms?

~~~~~AOS Timeline:~~~~~

05/25/07 ----- Arrived in US

06/01/07 ----- TD shot done

06/21/07 ----- Sent package to Chicago

06/22/07 ----- received package @ 10:22 am

06/29/07 ----- AOS and EAD NOA1

09/14/07 ----- Biometrics done/touched

09/17/07 ----- AOS /EAD touched

11/26/07 ----- Interview received notice of Canceled from USCIS

10/12/07 ----- EAD card in hand

12/07/07 ----- Got my Driver License

12/17/07 ------ AOS Interview Approved

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.