Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 4)

10,487 posts in this topic

Timeline
What's everyone's summer vacation plans?

Well, we were going to go to Arizona, but....unfortunately can't swing it this summer. My son really wants to go to the Outer Banks again this year with his friend, so "my" vacation ....is no mommy time. He's been hardly home so far this summer which is giving me a much much needed break. We only have "off" from soccer the month of July and December and it's too darn expensive to go anywhere in December.

Any plans for you Michele? Coming down to this area for Independence Day, August 5th ?

July 21-22nd has alot going on here in the area, there's a Reggae Wine Festival (Linganore Winery)...every year, alot of fun. My favorite Reggae band is playing Sat night in the area. Artscape is that entire weekend and I just got an email this morning that there is a 2nd Annual Sand Duels BASH at RASH™ Sand Soccer Tournament--for the men it's July 22nd. If only Craig could round up some folks and play --it's at the Inner Harbor ...he only needs 6 others to play.......IF anyone (any of the guys) in this area (Baltimore/DC) is interested, please let me know ASAP !

It would only be about $35.00 to play.

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

July 21-22nd has alot going on here in the area, there's a Reggae Wine Festival (Linganore Winery)...every year, alot of fun. My favorite Reggae band is playing Sat night in the area. Artscape is that entire weekend and I just got an email this morning that there is a 2nd Annual Sand Duels BASH at RASH™ Sand Soccer Tournament--for the men it's July 22nd. If only Craig could round up some folks and play --it's at the Inner Harbor ...he only needs 6 others to play.......IF anyone (any of the guys) in this area (Baltimore/DC) is interested, please let me know ASAP !

Okay, we only need 4 more players..... Shemonya, would Damien be interested? How 'bout Stephen ? Any others? We're gonna tye-dye the shirts yellow, green and black and the name would be, possibly, Cool Runnings ??

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
MyDestiny- Thanks...for the response. My fiance is stressing out. He has tried to call them this morning and the phone lines are tied up. So he's calling me complain about how the call isn't going through. Not to mention that he still has not received Packet 3. So I will be calling the embassy today...and begging them to please let him pick them up. Packet 4 was sent out on the 27th but he hasn't received it.

If you getting married at the justice of peace, does a witness need to come along?

Donna's Certificate of No Impediment took about one and one half weeks to come through the mail to her house (Spanish Town to Kingston).

Hey Jay;

Can you tell me the procedure you have to go through to get the No Impediment and the cost of the document?

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Calling on Jamie- :help: Do you remember the site where you can purchase online -I'm not sure if it was a voucher or store credit- for a specific grocery store to help out someone in Jamaica? It basically entailed on online purchase and the person in Jamaica could go to the store and select what they wanted for the amount of money that you purchased online?

Super Plus

Hi Michele :luv:

I have never actually done it but I have heard from others who have done it and had good results. Just remember to check the store locations on the website to make sure that whoever is going to pick them up won't have to go to far.

i have used that store in the past and i was ok...i used it once and actually picked out the food and that was not any good....most of the things they didn't have or what looked like not enough to me was a lot..so i just eneded up getting the vouchers and that was much better!

Kelly i was looking and at the artscape thing that friday night they are having steel drum music that would be fun to go to!!! or whatever....i am just fine with hanging and laughing at the roomies

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Okay, we only need 4 more players..... Shemonya, would Damien be interested? How 'bout Stephen ? Any others? We're gonna tye-dye the shirts yellow, green and black and the name would be, possibly, Cool Runnings ??

Man to bad you don't live close to us. Dwain loves soccer. Have fun and I hope u get enough players :)!

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline
Does anyone have the link to the thread about the locations for the medical exams? It so funny how i never really paid any attention to it. I tried to search...but I'm coming up short.

Hey here yah go.:)

Hey I did a search, this may help..This was posted some time ago

Because of the way the info was formatted, it's a little scrambled and I'm trying to unscramble it. This is what I got:

MoBay Hope Medical Centre

Half Moon Shopping Village

Rose Hall, Montego Bay

(876)926-7401-3 (I'll assume that means 7401, 7402 and 7403)

US$95 for adults

Andrews Memorial Hospital

27 Hope Road

Kingston 10

(876)953-3981

US$90 for adults

Dr. Michael Banbury

Medical Associates Hospital

18 Tangerine PI

St. James

Kingston 10

(876)908-2123

US$80 for adults

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline
Okay, finally! :lol:

I'm glad to see that things are moving along for everyone. And now for my own good news, my fiance picked up his visa today!!! Time to look at plane tickets! :dance:(F)(L)

Congrats !!!...on his way :) !!..what r the tix prices looking like ?

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline

Kelly i was looking and at the artscape thing that friday night they are having steel drum music that would be fun to go to!!! or whatever....i am just fine with hanging and laughing at the roomies

Artscape is fun, crowded....and if we gotta get up early and head out to the Wine festival.... ugh...OH and we gotta make the T-shirts!!

Only need 3 more players !!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Malawi
Timeline

Hello All..??? about the require shots for the medical. My spouse is an policeman and he is pretty sure the basic requirement to join the force require him to get these shots prior to join the JPF. But that was many years ago and he does not have any documentation of this. He thinks he may be able to get some type of documentation from the Minister of health. I have asked him to check when some of his friends that migrate to the US and were former policemen but as of yet has has not done that. So I thought I would just see if any of you may have any insight on this.

Jenice

Timeline
Ok we finally got the I-693 completed :dance:

We tried to go to the DMV to get a California ID... Well come to find out, in CA they won't give you a CA ID or a drivers license until you have a green card :blink: That was new to me because no one told us that before. The first time we went to the DMV we were told that we needed a Social security card. We got that and didn't return until today to try for the ID with no luck.

The good thing is that Neil brought a bike a few days ago and he rides it all over, and he also can ride public transportation for free being that I work there so he now has transportation even though he can't legally drive yet.

Mi nuh have fi be worried about him driving mi car yet :no:

:lol: :lol: It's a lot of fun. Just grab the oh Sh... handle a lot. That is wonderful that u have public transportation.

Pam what did u need to get a social security card? I thought we needed to have the green card before we did this. It sounds like I am wrong. How long after you applied did it take to get the soc card?

Thanks Jax :luv:

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline
:lol: :lol: It's a lot of fun. Just grab the oh Sh... handle a lot. That is wonderful that u have public transportation.

Pam what did u need to get a social security card? I thought we needed to have the green card before we did this. It sounds like I am wrong. How long after you applied did it take to get the soc card?

Thanks Jax :luv:

All we took was the passport with the I-94. We went exactly 2 weeks after his arrival, and the card came in the mail 4 days later.

That was one of the easiest things to get accomplished :yes:

Edited by Sonshyne

USCIS

06-28-2011-Mailed I-130

07-03-2011-NOA1

12-08-2011-NOA2

NVC

12-19-2012-NVC Received Case

01-06-2012-Case Number

01-25-2012-Case Completed

02-21-2012-Medical

03-06-2012-Interview--APPROVED

03-13-2012-VISA RECEIVED

03-16-2012-POE ATL

ROC

02/24/2014-Mailed I-751

02/26/2014-Package Received

02/28/2014-NOA1 Hard Copy

02/28/2014-Check Cashed

03/25/2014-Biometrics Appt

06/04/2014-RFE Sent more info back on 07/29/2014

09/04/2014 ROC Approved

Still not adjusted to the time difference :(

Went to sleep at 6pm, woke up and can't sleep.....Those events in DC look nice, but I'm always too tired to even think about going anywhere....We went to a commissary on base to get cheap groceries, spent over $400 :o

But now the fridge is overflowing, can't find space for anything!!

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
MyDestiny- Thanks...for the response. My fiance is stressing out. He has tried to call them this morning and the phone lines are tied up. So he's calling me complain about how the call isn't going through. Not to mention that he still has not received Packet 3. So I will be calling the embassy today...and begging them to please let him pick them up. Packet 4 was sent out on the 27th but he hasn't received it.

If you getting married at the justice of peace, does a witness need to come along?

Donna's Certificate of No Impediment took about one and one half weeks to come through the mail to her house (Spanish Town to Kingston).

Hey Jay;

Can you tell me the procedure you have to go through to get the No Impediment and the cost of the document?

I talked with Donna last night. She told me that the No Impediment was $5500 JD. He will need his birth certificate. Donna also took her passport which they did not ask to see. Donna went to the general registra's office in Spanish Town. She said the gate opens at 6am for people to get a ticket. She was there at 8am and her ticket number was a little over a hundred. So, getting there early will save a lot of waiting time.

AOS Journey:

30-Aug-2007 Arrived in US!!!

27-Nov-2007 Married

23-Jan-2008 Mailed AOS package

25-Jan-2008 AOS package received in Chicago

1-Feb-2008 Checks cashed

4-Feb-2008 received NOA for I-485 & I-765 in the mail

22-Feb-2008 Biometrics Appointment

31-Mar-2008 EAD Card Production

5-Apr-2008 Received EAD in mail

8-Apr-2008 Applied for SS

19-May-2008 SS card arrived in mail

19-May-2008 AOS approval arrived in mail

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Does anyone have the link to the thread about the locations for the medical exams? It so funny how i never really paid any attention to it. I tried to search...but I'm coming up short.

Hey here yah go.:)

Hey I did a search, this may help..This was posted some time ago

Because of the way the info was formatted, it's a little scrambled and I'm trying to unscramble it. This is what I got:

MoBay Hope Medical Centre

Half Moon Shopping Village

Rose Hall, Montego Bay

(876)926-7401-3 (I'll assume that means 7401, 7402 and 7403)

US$95 for adults

Andrews Memorial Hospital

27 Hope Road

Kingston 10

(876)953-3981

US$90 for adults

Dr. Michael Banbury

Medical Associates Hospital

18 Tangerine PI

St. James

Kingston 10

(876)908-2123

US$80 for adults

The numbers for first two places need to be swapped with each other (for MoBay Hope Medical Centre - 876-953-3981 and for Andrews Memorial Hospital - 876-926-7401-3). Packet 3 states that the medical examination must be scheduled "at least 10-14 days prior to the date of your visa interview."

AOS Journey:

30-Aug-2007 Arrived in US!!!

27-Nov-2007 Married

23-Jan-2008 Mailed AOS package

25-Jan-2008 AOS package received in Chicago

1-Feb-2008 Checks cashed

4-Feb-2008 received NOA for I-485 & I-765 in the mail

22-Feb-2008 Biometrics Appointment

31-Mar-2008 EAD Card Production

5-Apr-2008 Received EAD in mail

8-Apr-2008 Applied for SS

19-May-2008 SS card arrived in mail

19-May-2008 AOS approval arrived in mail

Filed: Timeline
Calling on Jamie- :help: Do you remember the site where you can purchase online -I'm not sure if it was a voucher or store credit- for a specific grocery store to help out someone in Jamaica? It basically entailed on online purchase and the person in Jamaica could go to the store and select what they wanted for the amount of money that you purchased online?

Super Plus

Hi Michele :luv:

I have never actually done it but I have heard from others who have done it and had good results. Just remember to check the store locations on the website to make sure that whoever is going to pick them up won't have to go to far.

Thanks Jamie- you're the best! :star:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.