David&Femke

Health Care in the U.S. [split topic]

150 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline
On 2/7/2017 at 8:32 AM, Transborderwife said:

That differs from your original statement.  I have no problem with tiered healthcare but it needs to be affordable so that everyone can access it.  To me that's a right saying that everyone should have access 

I have stayed consistent the entire time.   Please show me where I have said anything different on this matter.  

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
2 minutes ago, FloridaMinsk said:

I have stayed consistent the entire time.   Please show me where I have said anything different on this matter.  

Saying it's a commodity and not having a right, then saying things like everyone has access to care.  If they don't have a right to it and can't afford it then no, they don't have access.

Timeline
On 2/7/2017 at 5:10 PM, trudi said:

Do you trawl the internet looking for the most unreliable news source?

The daily mail is not known as the Daily Fail for nothing...

The UK's health system is a long way from perfect and is rapidly becoming two tier, however, no one goes without treatment unless that is their choice.

I don't know what the answer to the current situation in the US is but it does seem to be biased in favour of the affluent.

I was unlucky enough to get Lymes Disease last year, my out of pocket charges have almost reached $6000 and my husband is a state employee he has good insurance, for someone in a less fortunate financial position that cost would be the cause of huge stress :(

I could have gone with actual people that I know who have gotten the NHS to pay for breast implants.     But I figured a news story on the topic was better.  

Yes the cost is high in the US.    But the quality is also higher here than elsewhere.

And like anything that costs money the more you are willing the pay the better the service.   

Timeline
1 minute ago, FloridaMinsk said:

I could have gone with actual people that I know who have gotten the NHS to pay for breast implants.     But I figured a news story on the topic was better.  

Yes the cost is high in the US.    But the quality is also higher here than elsewhere.

And like anything that costs money the more you are willing the pay the better the service.   

Not even close: 

https://internationalliving.com/2017/01/4-countries-best-healthcare-world/

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Transborderwife said:

Saying it's a commodity and not having a right, then saying things like everyone has access to care.  If they don't have a right to it and can't afford it then no, they don't have access.

1. It is a commodity.  Not a right.   

2. Everyone already has access to healthcare.  It may not be top tier care but it's healthcare.    

If if you are trying to say that everyone should have access to top tier care then that is laughable.   Giving everyone top of the line healthcare would absolutely crush our economy.  Did you watch the Ted Cruz/Bernie Sanders healthcare debate?

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Transborderwife said:

There you go then...  make sure you go there for all your medical needs.   You really want to trust your kids healthcare to Mexican doctors?  

If you truly believed any of those were better you would be participating in medical tourism.  

Timeline
Just now, FloridaMinsk said:

There you go then...  make sure you go there for all your medical needs.   You really want to trust your kids healthcare to Mexican doctors?  

If you truly believed any of those were better you would be participating in medical tourism.  

Many get their medical training here and I do know some who have gone there for very successful procedures

Timeline
3 minutes ago, FloridaMinsk said:

1. It is a commodity.  Not a right.   

2. Everyone already has access to healthcare.  It may not be top tier care but it's healthcare.    

If if you are trying to say that everyone should have access to top tier care then that is laughable.   Giving everyone top of the line healthcare would absolutely crush our economy.  Did you watch the Ted Cruz/Bernie Sanders healthcare debate?

No, I didn't watch it.  I am not saying everyone should have access to top tier healthcare, never have.  But everyone should have the right to being treated.  I stand that you contradict yourself.  If everyone has access, it's a right.

Timeline
14 minutes ago, Transborderwife said:

No, I didn't watch it.  I am not saying everyone should have access to top tier healthcare, never have.  But everyone should have the right to being treated.  I stand that you contradict yourself.  If everyone has access, it's a right.

Everyone has access to a car.   Doesn't mean everyone drives a Ferrari.   Some can only afford a pinto.  

You have access to what what you can afford.   Which is exactly how it should be.....  

i have access to a ferrari, but I choose to not go into debt borrowing money to buy one.  Instead I settle for a Nissan.   Should I expect the government/tax payers to supplement me to buy that ferrari? 

Timeline

Everyone has access to a car.   Doesn't mean everyone drives a Ferrari.   Some can only afford a pinto.  

You have access to what what you can afford.   Which is exactly how it should be.....  

i have access to a ferrari, but I choose to not go into debt borrowing money to buy one.  Instead I settle for a Nissan.   Should I expect the government/tax payers to supplement me to buy that ferrari? 

And what if you can afford nothing?  You deserve to die?

comparing healthcare to cars is insulting 

Timeline
20 minutes ago, Transborderwife said:

Many get their medical training here and I do know some who have gone there for very successful procedures

Thats fine.  As a consumer of this commodity you have every right to participate in medical tourism. 

Something tells me the next time your kid gets sick you won't be trusting the Mexican doctors to take care of business.    

I know I wouldn't.    

Timeline
1 minute ago, Transborderwife said:

Comparing one commodity to another commodity is apples to apples.   

Whats hilarious is that you don't understand that concept.   

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Transborderwife said:

This is the United States.....  If you are poor in the long term it's because you are terrible with money.    

Even the poorest of poor can afford the free clinic.   

Timeline

Thats fine.  As a consumer of this commodity you have every right to participate in medical tourism. 

Something tells me the next time your kid gets sick you won't be trusting the Mexican doctors to take care of business.    

I know I wouldn't.    

For one, I couldn't afford to.  Her healthcare is free at the moment so that's not an issue.

A family friend needed reconstruct facial surgery after an accident.  It was covered by insurance here but she chose to go to South Korea instead.

Comparing one commodity to another commodity is apples to apples.   

Whats hilarious is that you don't understand that concept.   

No I understand perfectly and it's insulting comparing a car to a human life.

Timeline
Just now, FloridaMinsk said:

This is the United States.....  If you are poor in the long term it's because you are terrible with money.    

Even the poorest of poor can afford the free clinic.   

Free clinics are funded by tax dollars and who pays for that?  We all do.  So therefor that goes against your principles of why should we pay for care.

and no, there's plenty who are poor long term having absolutely nothing to do with money management 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.