devblt

Man spared jail after raping girl

47 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Ok, he thought she was 16. That is still reprehensable. A 20 year old shouldn't have anything to do with a "16" year old anyway. The guy at minimum is a leacher.

At what point does an age gap cease to become reprehensible? There are many 16 year old girls going out with older men, it happens ALOT. If she was 20 and he 24 no one would say a thing.

Call me old fashoned but to me a 16 year old is still a child regardless of how "developed" she looks. A 20 year old male is a man in my book. It may not be illegal in the UK but it is still wrong IMO.

Besides, when your riding the edge of legal like that he should have found out how old she was. This is graphic proof that you can't tell by looking.

I see your point Gary, I really do. But children these days are growing up so fast it is hard to tell their ages. Many of them are under age and look over 18. If a 16 year old girl is in a club and wants to pull a fella, she will lie about her age rather than tell the truth. The blame cannot rest solely on the man's shoulders all of the time.

There are 13-14 year olds who could easily pass for 18 when they get dressed up. It's quite disturbing really.

Exactly, which is why I have some sympathy for the man in the news article.

I've seen quite a few girls around this area who look MUCH older than they are. I saw a girl last week and my son whispered to me that she was in 6th grade. She didn't look a day under 15/16...she was at least 5'7 and well developed. You just can't tell anymore.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It may not be legal in the US but I am sure it happens. What is shocking is that girls are not educated to value their sexuality. It seems that many use sex for some very short term gain. To me, using sex to buy some kind of 'love' is a sign of very low self esteem.

Edited by Purple_Hibiscus

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Call me old fashoned but to me a 16 year old is still a child regardless of how "developed" she looks. A 20 year old male is a man in my book. It may not be illegal in the UK but it is still wrong IMO.

Besides, when your riding the edge of legal like that he should have found out how old she was. This is graphic proof that you can't tell by looking.

I agree with you there. Its also not too much of a stretch to suggest that most guys who "fish that young" are after sex, rather than a genuine relationship. Certainly anyone who will go to bed with a guy after meeting him for the first time at a pub/club is either very promiscuous or too inexperienced to know better.

Damn the British and their liberal justice system.

Edited by LuckyStrike

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
There isn't one single cause that can be pointed to..

I guess we should do nothing then and watch the demise of society.

After all we have more important things to worry about like pets being poisoned.

I'm actually offended by that post (and while I'm easily annoyed, I'm not easily offended). Just because you don't care about animals doesn't mean they aren't important family members to others.

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
There isn't one single cause that can be pointed to..

I guess we should do nothing then and watch the demise of society.

After all we have more important things to worry about like pets being poisoned.

I'm actually offended by that post (and while I'm easily annoyed, I'm not easily offended). Just because you don't care about animals doesn't mean they aren't important family members to others.

The guy is $hit stirring - he was doing it on the "5th grader sex" thread - suggesting that someone who disagrees with corporal punishment in schools must let their kids "run riot".

Must have been one developed 10-year old. Yeesh.

AOS

-

Filed: 8/1/07

NOA1:9/7/07

Biometrics: 9/28/07

EAD/AP: 10/17/07

EAD card ordered again (who knows, maybe we got the two-fer deal): 10/23/-7

Transferred to CSC: 10/26/07

Approved: 11/21/07

IMO, guys these days should know by now that if a girl appears to look 16, it is likely that she is younger. Girls have matured drastically over the last 30 years or so, and are more developed, mature, knowledgeable, and use make-up and clothes to appear older. I'm not convinced that any 10 year old however could pass for 16, but even if the girl in question could, the guy should have erred on the side of caution. Men know the consequences of having sex with a minor so why take the risk?

It saddens me that a 10 year old has knowledge way beyond her years, but this is becoming more and more common. In 20 years from now, children will stop being children at 6.......

I can't recall any 10 year olds who looked that mature, but it is not out of the realm of possibility. When I was a school social worker, I had several kids in my schools who were pregnant at the age of 12.

2e020152f8374f4fbd9014e3cc2c05fe.jpg

catcatadb20080508_-7_My%20child%20is.png

Timeline
Ok, he thought she was 16. That is still reprehensable. A 20 year old shouldn't have anything to do with a "16" year old anyway. The guy at minimum is a leacher.

:huh: 20/16? I've seen bigger age differences.

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Timeline
Call me old fashoned but to me a 16 year old is still a child regardless of how "developed" she looks.

A 16 year old is NOT a child. You're old-fashioned, Gary :D

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Cambodia
Timeline

In Japan, for those who don't know, and adult woman is considered to be 16 years old.

I met a customer who was 15 years old, and I could've mistaken her to be in her mid 20's. She has well developed bosom, bust, and her height was about 5'. I saw so many guys staring at her checking her out. Little did they know she's only 15. LOL

Edited by consolemaster

mooninitessomeonesetusupp6.jpg

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

It must be the hormones in the chicken people eat.

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg