henrie

Travelling with expired gc

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

Hello everyone,

I am planning to travel back to the Philippines next month but my conditional green card is expired and is under removal. I already have the i 797 and I'm done with my biometrics. I already went to USCIS for the i 551 stamp on my passport. The question is, would this be enough for me to be able to enter in the US without any hassle now that Trump started banning several countries. I'm having second thoughts now that there are rumors that it is becoming difficult to come back even if you have the complete documents you need. I know that the Ph is not one of the banned countries but the news and rumors make me nervous. 

Edited by henrie
Unfinished

I think you mean to say you are removing conditions, not that you are under removal.  

yes you can leave and reenter with the documents provided.  You need both the letter and your expired green card OR the I-551 stamp in your passport. 

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

~~moved to working and travelling during immigration from ROC.  Topic is not asking about the ROC process~~

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline
5 hours ago, NikLR said:

I think you mean to say you are removing conditions, not that you are under removal.  

yes you can leave and reenter with the documents provided.  You need both the letter and your expired green card OR the I-551 stamp in your passport. 

YEs. That's what i meant. :)) thank you. 

My husband came back into the country with an expired green card (with I-551 stamp).  Check-in at the airport was kind of difficult, because the airline staff didn't know what to do with it.  Eventually they pushed the right keys in the computer or something and let him board the plane.  There wasn't any trouble with immigration though.  This was a couple of months ago though.  Things really are a bit tougher now.

On J visas.  Spouse won DV lottery while in US.  Did AOS from the US.

Boston field office, GC holder for 10 years.

Citizenship received in 2016, took ~5 months from application to passport.

Spouse received citizenship in 2019

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.