12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kuwait
Timeline

Where is my NOA 2. Gosh this is very frustrating knowing I am going to see him again only if i made it to USA. :(  So expensive and we cant afford it again. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

It can take up to 5 or 6 months if I remember correctly, it's only been three so far. The important thing is you have the NOA1, so you know they have it. In the mean time you're still allowed to visit, or he can visit you too if you want to see each other.

Edit: Check here: https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/processTimesDisplayInit.do

Edited by zilchfox

03-19-2021: Officially an American Citizen 🇺🇸 Entire journey from initial K-1 Visa filing to Naturalization took 5 years, 8 days.

You can see my complete timeline by clicking here.

Aww you should have already gotten your NOA2 by now...but there really are cases when some get really delayed. Your fiance can try following up at the USCIS. Best is to wait...and save up for future trips for the meantime. ?

-=ROC & Naturalization Timeline=-

January 25, 2021 - ROC application received

January 22, 2022 - Case transferred

January 16, 2022 - Naturalization application received

April 7, 2023 - ROC and Naturalization Interview

April 20, 2023 - Oath Ceremony scheduled

• 1 month later...
Timeline

Hello Keizy, I am currently in Kuwait now too. My fiance sent his petition last Dec 15 and they received it Dec 23. He received an email from USCIS Jan.5, 2017. Its been 2 months now still waiting for our NOA2. I'm kinda stressed out waiting for it already and really clueless on what to do next God willing if it will be approved. I just want to ask if the embassy here contacted you? Like how did you know that your papers were forwarded here already. Did you do the medical exam here in Kuwait only? 1 friend said she went all the way back to the Philippines just to do her medical and she had her interview also at Philippine embassy here. So i'm quite puzzled.

Sorry for all the queries..hihi God bless on your incoming interview. ;)

Thanks 

Timeline

Hi there, thank you! Dont worry it will be approve soon. For me it takes 90 days before we got approved. To which consulate did your fiancee addressed the petition? If it is Kuwait then you have to do the medical and interview here. After your NOA2, uscis will send your petition to NVC, call them after 10days to check if you have a case number. You can check it through ceac state.gov. Then they also tell you if is on the way to the consulate address either kuwait or phils. The embassy will email you if they receive your case so you can go ahead and  process the interview,medical. Also requirements that required during your interview. My consulate is Kuwait so im doing all the process here. I am scheduled for medical this week. They will tell you where to go, its all on the email. Also your friend that processed in the Phils im sure her consulate is there. Good luck to you. It will be best if we get approved same date so we have each other through the entire process haha

Timeline

How i wish but obviously it won't be anymore. You're way ahead of us already..haha Did your fiance prepared all the stuffs needed for the form i-134 already before you received the NOA 2? or he waited for the notice first before gathering all the requirements needed. Coz my fiance has no idea on what to do next also. We are trying to comply all the needed on our own. :unsure: And yes, he addressed it here in Kuwait so it means i have to do all it here in Kuwait also sah? Thank goodness coz it's very costly if i have to go home for all that only..huhu  

Timeline

We waited til i get approved. But he has all the w2 copies ready while we were waiting for NOA2. We used rapid visa but i did prepare everything. My fiancee sent it to rapid visa then they forwarded it to USCIS. So waste of money, besides I am gathering all the requirements. 

Timeline

What is w2 by the way? So i can tell my fiance about it. I was the one who prepared everything also and sent it to him and he just printed it there. Agencies are useless i guess coz its not in their hands anyway when we will be approved sah. Besides, USCIS are giving all the instructions too. 

Timeline

Thanks to your comments here. I have assurance now that there is a hope that my Fiance can apply K1 without me leaving my job. I have one query, is it possible that my K2 will also be included even if she is not here? Thanks... 

Timeline

Hi.. ofc you can process here. But since you have k-2 i would suggest to process in the phils, or if you can get her a residency to be here that will be great too! K2 must have a valid residency to be able to process here. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.