Heracles

Fifth graders held over classroom sex

55 posts in this topic

http://www.thenewsstar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a.../703300345/1002

A Spearsville High School teacher said Thursday an incident involving fifth-graders having sex in a classroom is one of many things wrong at the school.

First-year teacher Michael Walker said students at the kindergarten through 12th grade school are unruly, disrespectful — and rarely disciplined.

"They cuss at the teachers and throw things at them, and nothing is done," Walker said. "There was even one student who grabbed a teacher in the butt and nothing was done. The students run the school."

Unbelievable. I do not know how teachers do it in this country.

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: England
Timeline

That is *absolutely* insane. Someone needs to step into that school...someone with some big....well, you get the idea...and shake things up. Ridiculous. My almost 14 year old tries to tell me what's what very ocassionally too..and he gets pulled back RIGHT quick....I couldn't handle being a teacher there if that's how things are run!!! M.

ManU2.jpg

10 year green card received

mid March, 2008. Done 'til Naturalization! WOOT! :)

Personally I would not have dared try to pull something like that off, at that age, as I know my 'parents' would have caned my ###. Then again I also had male principals which kept us in line.

Whereas kids now think they are untouchable and above the law.

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

Timeline

Oh I agree....I had one female/one male principal in school...to me, that doens't make much of a difference. (Maybe to boys, Idunno..maybe the guys aren't as intimidated by a woman) but I didn't DARE do half the ####### they do now, because I would be a lot more afraid of facing my parents and telling THEM than I would visiting the principals office...like you said.

That's a lot of it....parenting nowdays. Kids are kids... there were always kids who behaved better than others...the "good" and "bad" kids...but it's gone so downhill, something has to have changed...parenting, obviously. M.

ManU2.jpg

Oh I agree....I had one female/one male principal in school...to me, that doens't make much of a difference. (Maybe to boys, Idunno..maybe the guys aren't as intimidated by a woman) but I didn't DARE do half the ####### they do now, because I would be a lot more afraid of facing my parents and telling THEM than I would visiting the principals office...like you said.

That's a lot of it....parenting nowdays. Kids are kids... there were always kids who behaved better than others...the "good" and "bad" kids...but it's gone so downhill, something has to have changed...parenting, obviously. M.

Exactly.

Nowadays I hear from various teachers how parents actually question the teacher's and principle's word because their 8 year old said they did not do it or like the way the teacher spoke to them. :wacko: I mean my folks would have told the teacher to give me a back hander, period, if I got out of line.

I agree kids are a product of their parents. Be it the parents are too busy working and give they kid anything they want or parents are trying to be friends; therefore the kids lack discipline.

Edited by Infidel

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Cambodia
Timeline

I think it's the kids who don't do well in school and grew up to be an adult with their own kids raising them. Those generations don't get the same hard treating as the older generations because of the average parents.

mooninitessomeonesetusupp6.jpg

Timeline

FIFTH it says..can you believe THAT?? My son is in 8th and I would tie him up if he even *thought* about tryin it at HIS age!!! (well ok..he thinks about it...but, as his mom, I'm gonna pretend that I don't know that, Ok????) :P cause ya'all KNOW what I meant! m.

ManU2.jpg

Filed: Timeline
FIFTH it says..can you believe THAT?? My son is in 8th and I would tie him up if he even *thought* about tryin it at HIS age!!! (well ok..he thinks about it...but, as his mom, I'm gonna pretend that I don't know that, Ok????) :P cause ya'all KNOW what I meant! m.

How old is that, sorry?

Timeline

Oh sorry...I forgot! My husband has asked me the same thing... :blush:

about TEN!!!! :huh:

ManU2.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

The sad thing is, I'm disturbed, but not surprised. Things like this go on all the time in inner-city schools, and the teachers have no authority to do anything about it. I know of 5 people, personally, who went into teaching and quit after a couple of years because of all the b.s. that goes on in the school system.

I myself thought about going into teaching, and took Teacher Cadets when I was in high school (which is a program that gives you real teaching experience for college credit). I had also started working at a daycare at the same time. Between the student teaching, and my experience at the daycare, I saw how little power teachers actually have. What can you do? Tell the students you're sending them to the principal? Most just don't care. Their moms will come pick them up, have a word with the principal, and blame it on someone else. One little girl (an 8 year old) had been kicked out of 3 different daycare programs. The parents just kept sending her to a new one each time, and nothing changed.

I really have to hand it to teachers who are able to handle working in today's schools....

4/15/06- Visa in hand!!!

4/21/06 Arrival in U.S.

5/11/06 Legal Marriage

11/4/06 Wedding

AOS

6/12/06 AOS, EAD, and AP papers sent off

6/26/06 NOA1 Date

7/17/06 Biometrics done

8/04/06 Case transferred to CSC

8/8/06 Case received at CSC

9/21/06 Greencard received!!!!

8/31/09 Naturalization- Done with USCIS

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
I think it's the kids who don't do well in school and grew up to be an adult with their own kids raising them. Those generations don't get the same hard treating as the older generations because of the average parents.

Good luck to you and everyone else when you raise your children. If you so much as back hand your child your ### is in jail. Department of children and families will be at your doorstep in a matter of minutes. They will make your life a living hell. Then you can kiss off the immigration process too because of the new adam walsh act. My ### was paddled in school and my knuckles smacked with a wooden ruler by nuns, that is unheard of these days. I was hit with whatever my father could get his hands on, try that these days and then say it's the average parents..