KurosawaSan

J1 Waiver - Sponsor Views

38 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Radioactive said:

How would you know if the organization leverage US funds for the program? cos i did pay the organization over a thousand dollars and i have my receipt 

this is the organization

https://www.chinet.org/about-us/

Thanks

In your case, I really doubt they had US funds. You paid and it is a work & travel. Anyway, if it were the case you wouldn't have to found out for yourself. That is something the DoS would do. I seriously would not worry. You have an easy case.

Edited by Coco8

• 2 months later...

Favorable recommendation!!!! Yay!!!!!!!!

My waiver got delayed almost 3 months because the sponsor views got lost. I had to find a way to contact the DOS sponsor (super hard because they don't put contact information). They said they had already sent it. So I had to ask waiver division to request them again and they appeared as received the same they waiver division got back to me.

Just a piece of advice. My fulbright commisison in the country (even thought I didn't have Fulbright) was contacted. I don't know what they said but (from someone who had to write sponsor views from the CDC) it seems they need information on whether you can get a job in your country, whether your country would be harmed in some way if you didn't stay in the US, or if the US would be harmed if you left. 

Good luck guys!

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: J-1 Visa Country: Estonia
Timeline

Hi guys, 

So i applied for the waiver under No objection. Sent in all my documents including Passport Biodata page and statement of reason. 

However, the status check is only showing the two Ds forms. is that normal or does it mean they just don't update other documents received?

Thank you.

Capture.PNG

1 hour ago, Radioactive said:

Hi guys, 

So i applied for the waiver under No objection. Sent in all my documents including Passport Biodata page and statement of reason. 

However, the status check is only showing the two Ds forms. is that normal or does it mean they just don't update other documents received?

Thank you.

Capture.PNG

It might be a problem with how it updated. You can send an email to ask them about it. Be very brief and direct. They take a week to answer. If in 10 days you didn't hear back, send the same email again. You have time since your no objection letter has not been received from the embassy.

• 1 year later...
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
On 4/13/2017 at 8:49 PM, KurosawaSan said:

Just following-up to close this thread, but I checked the site today and it shows that the DOS issued a not favorable recommendation.

C'est la vie.

What’s your status now brother ? I mean did you applied again ? 

• 1 year later...
  • Ryan H locked this topic

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.