AnIJrny

I-130 January 2017 Filers

2,344 posts in this topic

54 minutes ago, AnIJrny said:

Hey guys! Quick question. Does the employment status of the beneficiary matter during the interview or have an effect approval? Such as job change or lack of employment?

I don't think so, but wanted to get your thoughts.

I don't think it does, would be unreasonable seen the fact that anything can happen...Life is a heck of a deal... I always say. They do advise not to quit your job before approval but that's merely an advise because you never know if the interview goes well of not

59 minutes ago, AnIJrny said:

Hey guys! Quick question. Does the employment status of the beneficiary matter during the interview or have an effect approval? Such as job change or lack of employment?

I don't think so, but wanted to get your thoughts.

I think beneficiary employment does not have anything to do with the interview as long as the petitioner's income is sufficient enough.  Because the beneficiary will be leaving the job anyway, if he or she has one right now, to come to USA. 

Edited by mahasib

On 10/26/2017 at 1:09 PM, Yeonin said:

Case complete and ready to be send for interview

My people!

Finally CC 

Capture.PNG

Congratss.. still waiting for a CC (assuming i will not get a checklist since my SD is sep13 and it’s been more than 6 weeks). How do they assign intervie dates? 

16 minutes ago, Indi91 said:

Congratss.. still waiting for a CC (assuming i will not get a checklist since my SD is sep13 and it’s been more than 6 weeks). How do they assign intervie dates? 

Thank you. Well i just have to wait until they (NVC) assign me an interviewdate, hopefully next week i will hear from them.

Good morning my people, happy saturday.

So last night we and my wife each received letters from the NVC through email. Eventhough we have CC, they have asked her to collect all the W-2 for 2016 and send me them to take to my interview...thing is she doesn't have w-2 because she is an independent contractor...so I guess whomever was reviewing the AOS didn't read the employment verification letter well and simply didn't know what 1099's are because those were submitted. And they have also asked that I apply for my police clearance certificate and take it to the interview...which we definitely submitted and it's still valid...so yeah...im glad it things we can easily fix. But anyhow...it almost annoyed me....but i'ma let it slide...because it doesn't change the fact that I have CC 😐

2 hours ago, Yeonin said:

So last night we and my wife each received letters from the NVC through email. Eventhough we have CC, they have asked her to collect all the W-2 for 2016 and send me them to take to my interview...thing is she doesn't have w-2 because she is an independent contractor...so I guess whomever was reviewing the AOS didn't read the employment verification letter well and simply didn't know what 1099's are because those were submitted. And they have also asked that I apply for my police clearance certificate and take it to the interview...which we definitely submitted and it's still valid...so yeah...im glad it things we can easily fix. But anyhow...it almost annoyed me....but i'ma let it slide...because it doesn't change the fact that I have CC 😐

Omgoodness!!!! I'm soooo glad they didn't let that slow down your CC!! 

Yea. Taking those things to the interview should be just fine. Are you gonna call to verify any of this? Or you just gonna gather up what they requested and call it a day?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline
4 hours ago, Yeonin said:

Oh, well at least this didn't trigger a checklist!

The police Certificate bit is weird, did you get it translated? Although our lawyers said it wasn't fully necessary (but still leaving uncertainty up in the air - those DAMN laywers LOL), we got :

* The police certicifate (with one line : speeding ticket).

* My military records (even though military service was canceled when I reached the age of 18),

fully translated.

Our Ceac still hasn't moved... no e-mail yet either !

I'm curious to see how long it takes to book the interview !

Edited by Pat&Vince

55 minutes ago, Pat&Vince said:

Oh, well at least this didn't trigger a checklist!

The police Certificate bit is weird, did you get it translated? Although our lawyers said it wasn't fully necessary (but still leaving uncertainty up in the air - those DAMN laywers LOL), we got :

* The police certicifate (with one line : speeding ticket).

* My military records (even though military service was canceled when I reached the age of 18),

fully translated.

Our Ceac still hasn't moved... no e-mail yet either !

I'm curious to see how long it takes to book the interview !

the translation is at the bottom of the first page of my police clearance certificate, because it was intended for immigration purposes, so the justice department issues Dutch with English translation...they even went so far to explain how to apply for one...i read it and was like yeah y'all lost my stufff

Filed: Other Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hey guys im on my third weeks waiting from nvc for cc. I got everything ready..but what is a checklist? I'm on probation atm..had my lawyer clear out and discharge atm..i also ask my attorney and other attornery ( to be sure) they say it won't affect with case.

23 minutes ago, Giang said:

Hey guys im on my third weeks waiting from nvc for cc. I got everything ready..but what is a checklist? I'm on probation atm..had my lawyer clear out and discharge atm..i also ask my attorney and other attornery ( to be sure) they say it won't affect with case.

a checklist is when they ask for  (more) evidence e.g. extra documentation of some sort...either missing in your package or you've submitted but it got lost or just to validate your background e.g. police clearance, etc.

Timeline

Hi Everyone, 

As we're all moving forward in this painfully long process, I'd like to know if anyone has already thought about the medical exam, specifically the required vaccines?

The list is a bit confusing, quit extensive... Though vaccines have to be age appropriate. I went to see my doctor who was a little bit clueless about it (esp the hepatitis B which is a loooong process and requires 4 individual shots).

In the meantime, I found this chart from the CDC, and depending on age, it reduces considerably the needed vaccines :

https://www.cdc.gov/immigrantrefugeehealth/pdf/Vaccine-Requirements-According-to-Applicant-Age.pdf

What's everyone's approach with this issue?

3 hours ago, Pat&Vince said:

Hi Everyone, 

As we're all moving forward in this painfully long process, I'd like to know if anyone has already thought about the medical exam, specifically the required vaccines?

The list is a bit confusing, quit extensive... Though vaccines have to be age appropriate. I went to see my doctor who was a little bit clueless about it (esp the hepatitis B which is a loooong process and requires 4 individual shots).

In the meantime, I found this chart from the CDC, and depending on age, it reduces considerably the needed vaccines :

https://www.cdc.gov/immigrantrefugeehealth/pdf/Vaccine-Requirements-According-to-Applicant-Age.pdf

What's everyone's approach with this issue?

went to my GP this morning for this exact reason, so we're gonna do a bloodtest to determine which ones I have traces of in my blood and I'm getting the Flu shot through my employer and a tetanus shot through my GP, never had an accident so never had one. Never had hepatitis B as well and she said sometimes even in adult that have been vaccinated it will show a lower count if you've been exposed to it. She had to be vaccinated again.

Edited by Yeonin

Timeline
41 minutes ago, Yeonin said:

went to my GP this morning for this exact reason, so we're gonna do a bloodtest to determine which ones I have traces of in my blood and I'm getting the Flu shot through my employer and a tetanus shot through my GP, never had an accident so never had one. Never had hepatitis B as well and she said sometimes even in adult that have been vaccinated it will show a lower count if you've been exposed to it. She had to be vaccinated again.

Yup, basically doing the same.

The problem is... the info isn't very clear until you dig deep into the CDC website. my doc (and another friend in the medical field) were concerned about the Hep B, but I'm apparently an old enough fart to avoid that one ;-)

The rest is pretty much standart, though I just took an appointment with the travelling vaccination center to take care of that. 

This is getting REAL :-)  (depite not having a CC yet, GRRRRR!)

8 minutes ago, Pat&Vince said:

Yup, basically doing the same.

The problem is... the info isn't very clear until you dig deep into the CDC website. my doc (and another friend in the medical field) were concerned about the Hep B, but I'm apparently an old enough fart to avoid that one ;-)

The rest is pretty much standart, though I just took an appointment with the travelling vaccination center to take care of that. 

This is getting REAL :-)  (depite not having a CC yet, GRRRRR!)

it's definitely getting real...havent been anxious untill after CC...now I'm like 😫🙃. I was born in Suriname and they're too lazy to lookup my vaccination record since it's like going back to the time where every was handwritten and still kinda is...so after a few months of bing send around and I was like...F it....there must be an alternative so now we're doing the test for traces of the vaccines and yes the age thing is a plus...dodging alot of them 😂

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.