23 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Honduras
Timeline

Hi everyone! So my husband is from Honduras here illegally and he just received the approval of the i601a on January 17th, 2017 YAY! So I have a couple of questions if anybody has any input it would be of great help. After the approval how long does it typically take for the appointment to be scheduled in Honduras? Do we just wait now for NVC to contact us? Is there any more documents we should get ready for his appointment in Honduras? We have two small children (both under 3) and we plan on going together as a family. Will I be allowed in with him during his interview in Honduras? What kind of questions do they ask at the interview? What could make him not get approved for his visa in Honduras? How long after the appointment did you receive your Visa? Please, any and all input is appreciated! He has been gone from the country for almost 10 years and we have been legally married for 2 years and together for 5. thank you! 

• 1 month later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline

Hello Ericka, have you received any news on the interview for your husband?

my husband's I601A got approved on December 29,2016 and we are still waiting on a date for the interview too :-(

Edited by MaryCarbajal

Timeline

Congratulations to you and your husband...:D

Our lawyer sent me and email on January 04,2017 that she had finished the application online for the interview, I asked her about two weeks ago if there was a way of tracking if there was more information needed or what process the case was and she said NO... I also asked her about the paperwork needed and she said she has everything ready for us in a packet, that as soon as we get the date for interview she will give it to us.... so we just have been waiting... can you tell me when did you and your husband submitted the application for the appointment?

we also be taking our two kids and I am just so nervous with all this waiting and not knowing how long more we have to wait.

Thank you for your reply.

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hello,

Congratulations on your husband's recent approval. My wife and I just fired our scumbag attorney who did nothing for us and I am now trying to do as much research as possible before we hire a new attorney. Would you be able to give me a quick summary of the forms that you submitted and in what order they were submitted for your husband's case. I understand that we need to submit a i-601, a i-130 and a few others. my wife has the DACA status but essentially she's here illegally and entered without inspection.I am a resident but will be applying to become a citizen soon. From your experience, does one have to hire an attorney or do you think one can fill out the necessary form to send to immigration, any information that you can provide is helpful. Thank you.

Erick

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Honduras
Timeline

My husband just got his I601A approved last week, also from Honduras.

Do you happen to know the NVC #? We haven't received an appointment & I just want to make sure they aren't missing any information.

Thank you!

Timeline
On 3/6/2017 at 3:05 PM, ErickaDoblado said:

Hi Marely! Actually, yes we got his appointment last Thursday and it will be next month on the 25th! Have you submitted everything to NVC

Hi. Did you submit your nvc documents and ds260 after your 601a approval or before? 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Thanks. My husband just sent out his about 3weeks ago so we are anxious about the approval. I hope your interview goes good!!!

Edited by Mayrakristina
Spell

Filed: Other Country: Honduras
Timeline

No problem! Oh,I know the feeling! Trust me, it will get here before you know it. We actually already got his interview date for this month! We will be leaving next week, we are soo excited! 

• 1 month later...
Timeline
On 4/4/2017 at 1:59 AM, ErickaDoblado said:

No problem! Oh,I know the feeling! Trust me, it will get here before you know it. We actually already got his interview date for this month! We will be leaving next week, we are soo excited! 

Hi how long did it take you to get your case completed at NVC?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.