38 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

I got my letters in the mail today that my I-601 and I-212 waivers were denied through Vermont. I guess my journey is over...thanks to everyone who has helped me along the way. We are not going to appeal...2 1/2 years has been long enough.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

So sorry about your news.

What will you do now?

Best wishes.

"THE SHORT STORY"

KURT & RAYMA (K-1 Visa)

Oct. 9/03... I-129F sent to NSC

June 10/04... K-1 Interview - APPROVED!!!!

July 31/04... Entered U.S.

Aug. 28/04... WEDDING DAY!!!!

Aug. 30/04... I-485, I-765 & I-131 sent to Seattle

Dec. 10/04... AOS Interview - APPROVED!!!!! (Passport stamped)

Sept. 9/06... I-751 sent to NSC

May 15/07... 10-Yr. PR Card arrives in the mail

Sept. 13/07... N-400 sent to NSC

Aug. 21/08... Interview - PASSED!!!!

Sept. 2/08... Oath Ceremony

Sept. 5/08... Sent in Voter Registration Card

Sept. 9/08... SSA office to change status to "U.S. citizen"

Oct. 8/08... Applied in person for U.S. Passport

Oct. 22/08... U.S. Passport received

DONE!!! DONE!!! DONE!!! DONE!!!

KAELY (K-2 Visa)

Apr. 6/05... DS-230, Part I faxed to Vancouver Consulate

May 26/05... K-2 Interview - APPROVED!!!!

Sept. 5/05... Entered U.S.

Sept. 7/05... I-485 & I-131 sent to CLB

Feb. 22/06... AOS Interview - APPROVED!!!!! (Passport NOT stamped)

Dec. 4/07... I-751 sent to NSC

May 23/08... 10-Yr. PR Card arrives in the mail

Mar. 22/11.... N-400 sent to AZ

June 27/11..... Interview - PASSED!!!

July 12/11..... Oath Ceremony

We're NOT lawyers.... just your average folks who had to find their own way!!!!! Anything we post here is simply our own opinions/suggestions/experiences and should not be taken as LAW!!!!

I'm really sorry for this. Hope you can still have a future together in Canada.

Jun 26, 06 - 129-F filed

Sep 27, 06 - NOA2

Nov 28, 06 - INTERVIEW SUCCESS!!!

Dec 12, 06 - VISA IN HAND

Dec 29, 06 - MARRIED!!

Jan 8, 07 - filed for AOS and EAD

Apr 3, 07 - EAD approved!!!

Apr 7, 07 - EAD card arrived!

May 10, 07 - Interview....APPROVED!!!

May 23, 07 - GC in hand

Feb 10, 09 - I-751 sent to CSC

Feb 12, 09 - NOA1

Apr 20, 09 - Approved!

Jun 12, 09 - Card Production Ordered

Jun 19, 09 - 10 year GC Received

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: England
Timeline

I'm so sorry to hear that you were denied. It's madness. I hope that you can put the disappointment behind you and that you both have a wonderful life in Canada or wherever you decide to live.

***I-130***

2006-10-11 I-130 NOA1

2007-02-05 approved

***I-129F***

2006-10-23 I-129F NOA1

2007-02-05 approved

2007-04-30 Interview--Visa Approved!

2007-05-07 Gary arrives in US

208 days from filing to interview

****EAD****

2007-05-15 Sent to Chicago

2007-05-22 NOA1

2007-06-12 Biometrics

2007-09-07 approved! (115 loooooong days)

2007-09-17 card received in mail

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
I got my letters in the mail today that my I-601 and I-212 waivers were denied through Vermont. I guess my journey is over...thanks to everyone who has helped me along the way. We are not going to appeal...2 1/2 years has been long enough.

Oh my gosh. I am so sorry to hear your news. Is there anything I can do? I wish I could help. Is there anyway that you can wait another year and reapply?

Married August 21 2004 in Nova Scotia!

October 19/04 sent I-130.

April 17/08 finally arrive back in New Orleans after 3 years and 8 months.

May 19/08 Perm Resident Card arrives.

July 24/08 Reapply for a new SS card with married name.

August 4/08 Baby daughter born.

Timeline

Does this mean your husband is going to come to Canada to live? I tried going back through the posts and I can't seem to find the reason for your waiver but it's for an overstay isn't it? I don't mean to hash up bad memories. I know you've gone through a lot recently and this has been/is a really bad roller coaster ride with a denial now. However when you've had some time to decompress, have you though about possibly contacting Laurel Scott for help. Even trying to get a consult with her to see if she's able to help. I am in a similar situation-the length of time for a waiver approval so I realize what you are going through. If you'd like someone to talk to feel free to contact me. I know what this process does and the havoc it reeks. I wish you all the best.

Married August 21 2004 in Nova Scotia!

October 19/04 sent I-130.

April 17/08 finally arrive back in New Orleans after 3 years and 8 months.

May 19/08 Perm Resident Card arrives.

July 24/08 Reapply for a new SS card with married name.

August 4/08 Baby daughter born.

Timeline

Thanks for the replies. We can't wait anymore, our marriage has been on eggshells throughout this process and the waiting is agony. We are applying for my husband to come to Canada and hopefully that will work out better. I wish you all the best of luck in the rest of your journies to happiness!

Timeline

neworleansbound...well, I thought it was for an overstay and lack of documentation, and that's what my paperwork said but here's what happened:

The day I was kicked out we were heading through the port of entry and when asked what Nationality we were my husband replied American. The crossing guard then said, both of you? To which hubby said yes. Obviously this was wrong I am not, I am canadian...and they caught us on it. In our paperwork they didn't mention anything about it and told us that they would do us a favor by not mentioning it and that way we could file our paperwork and go on with our lives. So, in all of our paperwork it states that it was due to lack of documentation pertaining to our marriage. However; in the denial notices it states that I cannot receive a waiver due to fraud and willfully misrepresenting myself. I am not sure why they even bothered to let us file a waiver if they knew I couldn't get one...but alas, they did. So we wasted the money to file the waivers, we've wasted our days (this happened on November 28th, of 2004 when our daughter was a mere 6 months old. She will be 3 next month.) So anyway, long story short...we screwed up, they made it sound like it would be fine in the end, and they royally screwed us over.

Edited by briluke_nyla

So sorry to hear of this. It's been such a long wait for you three. Best of luck with him relocating to Canada, if that's what you decide.

AOS

-

Filed: 8/1/07

NOA1:9/7/07

Biometrics: 9/28/07

EAD/AP: 10/17/07

EAD card ordered again (who knows, maybe we got the two-fer deal): 10/23/-7

Transferred to CSC: 10/26/07

Approved: 11/21/07

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Sadly, because of that one answer, "yes, that you were both Americans" that put you under the category of making a false claim to U.S. citizenship, 212(a)(6)©(i)(i)....which is the area of misrepresention/fraud that no waiver is available for at this time.... It was such a minor mistake and crazy that there is no waiver available for that......I hope that things in the immigration laws change soon. But, Canada is a beautiful place and I wouldn't worry about anything~

1Corinthians 13:13 But now faith, hope, and love remain--these three. The greatest of these is love.

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif & 3dflagsdotcom_mexic_2fawm.gif

08/08/2006- Mailed I 129-F packet to TSC

08/10/2006- Packet Signed for by TSC employee

08/18/2006- NOA 1 date

08/22/2006- Touched.....:)

10/25/2006- Touched.......BIG SMILE :)

10/26/2006- TOUCHED AGAIN..........HUGE SMILE!

10/27/2006- NOA 2 approval email received!

10/31/2006- NOA 2 received in mail.........Can't stop smiling!!

11/16/2006- NVC receives my petition and assigns us a case number CDJ----------!!!! WOOHOO

11/20/2006- Mailed to Juarez!! Yippee!

11/30/2006- Juarez received my petition......Email confirms I should receive my packet within 2 weeks!! :)

12/15/2006- Received Packet!!!!! Booking travel arrangements!!!!

12/26/2006- Medical Exam

12/27/2006- Interview, 601 waiver needed

01/10/2007- Filed 601 Waiver

01/17/2007- DHS Receipt of Waiver

08/26/2007- Approved

09/04/2007- Received Approval Notice

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Thanks for the replies. We can't wait anymore, our marriage has been on eggshells throughout this process and the waiting is agony. We are applying for my husband to come to Canada and hopefully that will work out better. I wish you all the best of luck in the rest of your journies to happiness!

It is my understanding from the brief research I have done on a US citizen spouse moving to Canada, that the process is not all that difficult. I hope you can get the paperwork in order and start the process of your husband moving to Canada soon.

Take care and keep your chins up..... you will always have each other, the three of you.

Good luck and best wishes.

"THE SHORT STORY"

KURT & RAYMA (K-1 Visa)

Oct. 9/03... I-129F sent to NSC

June 10/04... K-1 Interview - APPROVED!!!!

July 31/04... Entered U.S.

Aug. 28/04... WEDDING DAY!!!!

Aug. 30/04... I-485, I-765 & I-131 sent to Seattle

Dec. 10/04... AOS Interview - APPROVED!!!!! (Passport stamped)

Sept. 9/06... I-751 sent to NSC

May 15/07... 10-Yr. PR Card arrives in the mail

Sept. 13/07... N-400 sent to NSC

Aug. 21/08... Interview - PASSED!!!!

Sept. 2/08... Oath Ceremony

Sept. 5/08... Sent in Voter Registration Card

Sept. 9/08... SSA office to change status to "U.S. citizen"

Oct. 8/08... Applied in person for U.S. Passport

Oct. 22/08... U.S. Passport received

DONE!!! DONE!!! DONE!!! DONE!!!

KAELY (K-2 Visa)

Apr. 6/05... DS-230, Part I faxed to Vancouver Consulate

May 26/05... K-2 Interview - APPROVED!!!!

Sept. 5/05... Entered U.S.

Sept. 7/05... I-485 & I-131 sent to CLB

Feb. 22/06... AOS Interview - APPROVED!!!!! (Passport NOT stamped)

Dec. 4/07... I-751 sent to NSC

May 23/08... 10-Yr. PR Card arrives in the mail

Mar. 22/11.... N-400 sent to AZ

June 27/11..... Interview - PASSED!!!

July 12/11..... Oath Ceremony

We're NOT lawyers.... just your average folks who had to find their own way!!!!! Anything we post here is simply our own opinions/suggestions/experiences and should not be taken as LAW!!!!

Timeline

I can only imagine your frustration and helplessness at the moment.

You should believe that life is NOT short and there is always time to set

things straight for better future for your kids.

Just try one more time.

1. Discuss with Laurel Scott and file a brand new waiver again with her help.

2. If you don't want to spend more money, then just prepare it yourself and file it.

You be strong and keep thinking to beat it.

I cannot blame the OP for not 'trying' again - particularly after they were basically lied to about why they needed to file the waiver to begin with. Knowing you're dealing with fraud and misrepresentation as opposed to an overstay is quite a different task - so to not even have the information to defend themselves to begin with is pretty underhanded by our govt. I see their 'point' (saying you're an American if you're not *technically* is fraudulent), but personally I think the govt was fradulent by not revealing the correct nature of the denial.

briluke_nyla, I wish you guys the best on getting hubby to Canada. :)

SA4userbar.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

My fiance and myself are waiting for our waiver to be approved and we had to file a waiver for misrep. My fiance was denied entry and they basically didn't believe his intent for visiting and the border agent cancelled his tourist visa.......Our particular section of the law is completely waiverable. Our consulate knew the exact details and part of the law that pertained to his denied entry and we also knew from the beginning the section of the law that we would be inadmissible and were completely prepared with our waiver. There are two major sections under misrep. (1) Is the most general and is waiverable (which we fell under) (2) False claim to citizenship, not waiverable. Misrepresentation, along with overstays & illegal presence are all quite common inadmissibilities and are the most common reasons for waivers. Unfortunately, there are many sections of the INA law that are not waiverable. :(

As I said before, I think immigration laws need to be changed.

The biggest and saddest part of this situation is that they were led to believe they had a chance, when in fact, they never had a chance due to the particular misrep. charge against them.

I wish them the best of luck and hopefully someday the laws will change and they can join each other here in the U.S., but again Canada is a beautiful place and they have each other. :star:

1Corinthians 13:13 But now faith, hope, and love remain--these three. The greatest of these is love.

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif & 3dflagsdotcom_mexic_2fawm.gif

08/08/2006- Mailed I 129-F packet to TSC

08/10/2006- Packet Signed for by TSC employee

08/18/2006- NOA 1 date

08/22/2006- Touched.....:)

10/25/2006- Touched.......BIG SMILE :)

10/26/2006- TOUCHED AGAIN..........HUGE SMILE!

10/27/2006- NOA 2 approval email received!

10/31/2006- NOA 2 received in mail.........Can't stop smiling!!

11/16/2006- NVC receives my petition and assigns us a case number CDJ----------!!!! WOOHOO

11/20/2006- Mailed to Juarez!! Yippee!

11/30/2006- Juarez received my petition......Email confirms I should receive my packet within 2 weeks!! :)

12/15/2006- Received Packet!!!!! Booking travel arrangements!!!!

12/26/2006- Medical Exam

12/27/2006- Interview, 601 waiver needed

01/10/2007- Filed 601 Waiver

01/17/2007- DHS Receipt of Waiver

08/26/2007- Approved

09/04/2007- Received Approval Notice

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.