AdaMarie

Hi! I just wanted to share my interview story. I hope it can help the K1 visa applicant

8 posts in this topic

Congratulations, Girl! You nailed it! :) Waiting for my turn and I am claiming for a positive answer! 

Edited by missushabes

K1 Visa Timeline (4 months / September 2016 to January 2017):

Timeline: Sept 23, 2016 (filing) to January 30, 2017 (visa on hand)
Our K1 Visa Process on our blog: https://happilyhaberlafter.wordpress.com/2018/04/21/k1-visa-process/

AOS Timeline (4 months / April 2017 to August 2017):

Timeline:  April 11, 2017 (filing) to August 28, 2017 (approved)

(September 14, 2017 - Greencard on Hand!  - late due to Hurricane Irma)
Our AOS Process on our blog: https://happilyhaberlafter.wordpress.com/2018/05/13/adjustment-of-status-greencard-application/

ROC Timeline (7 months / June 2019 to January 2020)

Timeline:  June 11, 2019 (filing) to January 29, 2020  (Card Mailed to Me)

Our ROC Process on our blog: https://happilyhaberlafter.wordpress.com/2019/06/07/removal-of-conditions-process/

N400 Timeline (3 months 3 weeks / August 7, 2020 -December 4, 2020)
August 7, 2020 - Filed Online

August 10, 2020 - NOA1 uploaded by USCIS in my account / Estimated Tiime of Completion updated as well (Feb 2021)

August 15, 2020 - Received NOA(hardcopy)

Sept 14, 2020 - Biometric Reuse

October 20, 2020 - Interview Has Been Scheduled

November 23, 2020 - Interview Date - Approved!

December 4, 2020 - OATH TAKING CEREMONY
Our N400 Process on our blog: https://happilyhaberlafter.wordpress.com/2020/08/08/filing-n400-path-to-citizenship/

• 4 weeks later...

Hi! We just submitted our case and received our case number.  I just want to clarify regarding the NBI, Police Clearances (of the cities you have lived more than 6 months) and CENOMAR. I just got my CENOMAR and Police Clearance from Royal Thai Police (since I've lived there for 7 months) and both certificates have 6 months validity which I think would still be valid on the day of my interview. I believe NBI and UAE Police Clearance have 6 months validity as well. Though I am not planning to get my NBI and UAE Police Clearance until a few weeks before my interview, will they still accept my CENOMAR and Thai Clearance or do I need to get a new one?

If I deactivated my Facebook, would that still be relevant? Would they still ask to check? 
I personally don't like my personal stuff posted on Facebook.. (I rarely/never post photos of my family members for privacy reasons - and only have photos with friends).
Surely it would not be fair to make judgement call based off this?
I am also one of those people who don't want to "announce" anything until it is official.. as in, after the wedding. 
I've actually never posted photos of my fiance on my Facebook, not because I'm hiding anything but as I said I am quite private about certain things that are close to my heart. But I make it known subtle-ly that I have a significant other. My close circle of friends (and his) know we are together as we all hangout together but I just don't need people I've met once or twice + the 300 something people I went to high school with to know about my love life. It has always been this way with me, even with ex-boyfriends. 
I honestly don't want to change the status on Facebook and my thoughts are that one day I'll just post a photo of my bab(ies) ..and that would be my "announcement" that I have a family of my own. Now I'm all worried about this Facebook status thing! :o

Thank you for the tips above @AdaMarie - so very helpful! 

Hi everyone! I'm very thankful I've found this post. Neither do I post status and photos on facebook until its official. But I'm just worried if they ask because I and my fiance are both 24 so I doubt if they gonna buy it if I tell them we're not on facebook lol but anyhow, you can't make judgement by just a facebook status. Now I'm worried. :(

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Non English post removed. Post only in English in the Upper Forums please.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.