Pinkbutterfly1988

Self Petition VAWA ( i-360)

15 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

ok I left my husband been 3 weeks now.. I stayed with a friend together with son.. we are filing vawa self petition(I-360) .. I have pictures but no police report. what are the requirements?? do we need to send I-485 together?? I know 765,130, and G235A together with that. do I have to have to my friend file affidavit of support for me?? please help !!!....more info would be great.. I was gonna get a lawyer to do all this.. but it would be cheaper if we do it our own since I have 4 yrs old kid and I don't have a job yet... thank u soo much for your reply...

Timeline

@Transborderwife  i talked this lawyer out from California. he said i don't need too.. i know i should.. but i don't have no job at that time... he is the bread winner.. if he go to jail i am thinking how we gonna survive? :(

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Just now, Pinkbutterfly1988 said:

@Transborderwife  i talked this lawyer out from California. he said i don't need too.. i know i should.. but i don't have no job at that time... he is the bread winner.. if he go to jail i am thinking how we gonna survive? :(

You said you left him.  I'm confused.  You'd have to find a job.

Timeline

@Transborderwife yes I finally decided to leave him since December 14,2016 .... but the time of accident it was around march of 2016 but never called police.. but the abuse was still going on it might not be physical anymore.. just all hatefull statements which I have a videos. but I don't know If that helps..he is a drug addict... and been in trouble way back 2014

Timeline
Just now, Pinkbutterfly1988 said:

@Transborderwife yes I finally decided to leave him since December 14,2016 .... but the time of accident it was around march of 2016 but never called police.. but the abuse was still going on it might not be physical anymore.. just all hatefull statements which I have a videos. but I don't know If that helps..he is a drug addict... and been in trouble way back 2014

California is a two party consent state.  Those videos would be considered inadmissible if he didn't agree to them being recorded.  You still can file reports.

Filed: Country:
Timeline

the police report puts a date on the incident. otherwise you could of had your friend hit you and claim it was him with pictures of the marks. it also adds the benefit of being purgery if you lie which give your statements more weight. unfortunately filing so late after the incident makes it harder to prove either way. as for the video, you can not use it directly as evidence but you can use it to aid your memory of writing down what was said and your statements can be submitted.

good luck

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

USCIS  will accept the  pictures showing that you  were abused, if in the pictures  you are showing your face.

It's not mandatory to have a police report,but  make sure the pictures show very well thr abuse suffered. Join the  VAWA thread 8.

Uscis accepts pictures but  not recording material.

Edited by sandranj

Timeline
1 hour ago, sandranj said:

USCIS  will accept the  pictures showing that you  were abused, if in the pictures  you are showing your face.

It's not mandatory to have a police report,but  make sure the pictures show very well thr abuse suffered. Join the  VAWA thread 8.

Uscis accepts pictures but  not recording material.

OP, Sandra is the absolute guru about this...heed her advice :)

Timeline
12 hours ago, f f said:

the police report puts a date on the incident. otherwise you could of had your friend hit you and claim it was him with pictures of the marks. it also adds the benefit of being purgery if you lie which give your statements more weight. unfortunately filing so late after the incident makes it harder to prove either way. as for the video, you can not use it directly as evidence but you can use it to aid your memory of writing down what was said and your statements can be submitted.

good luck

they actually knows the incident cause thats where i stayed after i got hit.. 

21 hours ago, Pinkbutterfly1988 said:

Get a job to survive

Filed: Country:
Timeline
1 hour ago, Pinkbutterfly1988 said:

@Davejj i cant even and not allowed to

if it is dhs authorization then filing the vawa and i485 with work authorization should clear up the not allowed to. as for the can't then unless it is medical there is no reason you shouldn't be looking for some type of work.

good luck

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.