Jump to content

Degree evaluation agencies for teachers - experiences?

3 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

I have have to have my overseas degrees (two master's, two bachelor's) evaluated by an agency in order to teach and am looking for recent experiences in using these agencies.


If you have used any of the following, what did you think of the process, how long did it take and how much did it cost in the end (all fees included)?


Did they accept copies you made of the diplomas? I do have my transcripts in a sealed envelope just in case.


There are the accepted agencies:

  • Center for Applied Research Evaluation & Education www.iescaree.com
  • Foundation for International Service, Inc. www.fis-web.com
  • Educational Credential Evaluators, Inc.  www.ece.org
  • International Consultants of Delaware, Inc. www.icdel.com
  • Education Evaluators International, Inc. www.educei.com
  • International Education Research Foundation www.ierf.org
  • Educational Perspectives www.edperspective.org
  • Institute of Foreign Credentialing Services (IFCS) info@ifcsevals.com
  • Educational Records Evaluation Service www.eres.com
  • Josef Silny & Associates, Inc. International Education Consultants www.jsilny.com
  • Evaluation Service, Inc. www.evaluationservice.net
  • Span Tran Educational Services, Inc. www.spantran-edu.org
  • FACS, Inc. Foreign Academic Credentials Service www.facsusa.com
  • World Education Services. Inc. www.wes.org


Googling tells me WES and ECE seem to be the most popular choices. But I'd still like your experiences from getting the most out of my credits.


I have gone through all their websites, so I'm now looking for personal experiences, comments are much appreciated, thank you!

IR1 took 520 days....



Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know if this helps, but I hope so.  Our lawyer suggested my husband use these three services to evaluate his transcripts/credentials:



Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.