956 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: India
Timeline
5 hours ago, wahsan said:

Hi everyone,

Can anybody tell how much backlog / year they have in F4 category after 2004? Thanks

No one has that data...

F4 - India - PD - 23rd March 2003

- Received COA 14th May 2015

- Received Visa and reached to US in Feb 2016

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

While checking visa application status at ceac.state.gov, it says the case is at NVC. However the case has already been completed. Does anyone know when it gets changed to consular office or something? We received a case complete letter a while ago, but still waiting for the PD to be current.

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Lithuania
Timeline
25 minutes ago, 2001 said:

While checking visa application status at ceac.state.gov, it says the case is at NVC. However the case has already been completed. Does anyone know when it gets changed to consular office or something? We received a case complete letter a while ago, but still waiting for the PD to be current.

When you'll receive your IL and your case will be forwarded to the local embassy, only then status will change to "Transferred".

Timeline
12 hours ago, 2001 said:

12 hours ago, Lain said:

When you'll receive your IL and your case will be forwarded to the local embassy, only then status will change to "Transferred".

Thank you!

Timeline

Anyone has any info on IL's, please share. Looks like the Thanksgiving holidays has started in the US - may be DOS will not send out IL's this week if they have not started yet ...

On 11/22/2017 at 10:57 PM, 2001 said:

Anyone has any info on IL's, please share. Looks like the Thanksgiving holidays has started in the US - may be DOS will not send out IL's this week if they have not started yet ...

any one have PD bet ween 22nd November to 22nd Dec ( India)? pl Post their PD and inform in this forum when you receive the interview letter. It will be helpful to know the movement. Probably the IL will be received between 30th Nov to  5th Dec

Timeline

As per the information I have, while showing up for an interview, we are supposed to take a form i864 with us filled and signed by every sponsor separately. Could anyone please tell if it can be a photocopy of signed i864 or it has to be an original copy (original ink signed)? 

Timeline
3 hours ago, 2001 said:

As per the information I have, while showing up for an interview, we are supposed to take a form i864 with us filled and signed by every sponsor separately. Could anyone please tell if it can be a photocopy of signed i864 or it has to be an original copy (original ink signed)? 

I would suggest original , they may not ask or may ask so do not take eisk.

Also make sure you take atleast 3 copies for sponsor papers. In fact if you are family of 4 than I would suggest original + 4 copies. I am saying rhis beacause they will ask for copies of sponsorship papers for each applicant and inside consulate whan I went the xerox rate for one page was 68 Rs ie 1$. ( yes this is not typo 68 / page) . Plus they will ask for exact change they will Not accept 1 rs more or less , U have to give exact amount !!

So make sure u have enough / all the copies + more than enough change in ur wallet in case its require.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
13 hours ago, 2001 said:

didn't you submit it to USCIS? why would you need it again? 

9 hours ago, pink_niru said:

Also make sure you take atleast 3 copies for sponsor papers. In fact if you are family of 4 than I would suggest original + 4 copies. I am saying rhis beacause they will ask for copies of sponsorship papers for each applicant and inside consulate whan I went the xerox rate for one page was 68 Rs ie 1$. ( yes this is not typo 68 / page) . Plus they will ask for exact change they will Not accept 1 rs more or less , U have to give exact amount !!

So make sure u have enough / all the copies + more than enough change in ur wallet in case its require.

Where would they ask for original again? the embassy should have it already from uscis. 

On 11/24/2017 at 3:28 AM, kotha said:

any one have PD bet ween 22nd November to 22nd Dec ( India)? pl Post their PD and inform in this forum when you receive the interview letter. It will be helpful to know the movement. Probably the IL will be received between 30th Nov to  5th Dec

OCT 28th here. still waiting for IL.

07-09-13 - Application received at Chicago Lockbox NOA1

01-03-14 - Transfer notice to Nebraska

01-06-14 - Application received at Nebraska

03-13-14 - NOA2 notification

03-25-14 - NVC received case

04-24-14 - Case number and IIN received over the phone

05-02-14 - Paid AOS Fees

05-06-14 - Sent AOS package

05-07-14 - AOS Fees showed up as paid

05-08-14 - AOS package received at NVC (Scanned on may 8th)

05-08-14 - IV Bill showed up and paid

05-12-14 - Sent IV package overnight

05-13-14 - IV package received at NVC (Scanned on may 15th)

06-05-14 - AOS Checklist for not having N/A written for "Place of Residence" (checklist info received over the phone).

06-09-14 - AOS Checklist - I864EZ delivered today.

06-11-14 - I864EZ got scanned today.

06-13-14 - Sent original marriage and birth certificate out to NVC. (Received at NVC 06-16-14)

06-16-14 - received fake checklist asking for 864ez and marriage certificate

06-20-14 - Marriage and Birth certificate scanned

07-23-14 - Case complete (Talked to Don at NVC on 7/24) -- Received CC email 7/30

08-01-14 - Interview date assigned (Sept 9th)

08-05-14 - Received Interview Letter via email

09-10-14 - Visa Approved

09-11-14 - Paid the extortion fees

Timeline
14 hours ago, 2001 said:

10 hours ago, pink_niru said:

Thank you so much. Do you also suggest taking multiple copies of other documents such as civil documents and US Petitioner's status documents?

1 hour ago, Dwipal said:

didn't you submit it to USCIS? why would you need it again? 

Where would they ask for original again? the embassy should have it already from uscis. 

OCT 28th here. still waiting for IL.

US Embassy / Consulate where you show up for the interview requires it again. The requirements may vary from country to country - for details please take a look at Review Embassy/Consulate Instructions section in the below link: 

https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/Supporting_documents.html

Timeline
13 hours ago, 2001 said:

Thank you so much. Do you also suggest taking multiple copies of other documents such as civil documents and US Petitioner's status documents?

US Embassy / Consulate where you show up for the interview requires it again. The requirements may vary from country to country - for details please take a look at Review Embassy/Consulate Instructions section in the below link: 

https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/Supporting_documents.html

Yes ...keep at least one copy extra...it would not hurt.... You never know they may ask anything and Rs 69 / page is too expensive inside...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
17 hours ago, 2001 said:

Good to know. Thanks!!!

07-09-13 - Application received at Chicago Lockbox NOA1

01-03-14 - Transfer notice to Nebraska

01-06-14 - Application received at Nebraska

03-13-14 - NOA2 notification

03-25-14 - NVC received case

04-24-14 - Case number and IIN received over the phone

05-02-14 - Paid AOS Fees

05-06-14 - Sent AOS package

05-07-14 - AOS Fees showed up as paid

05-08-14 - AOS package received at NVC (Scanned on may 8th)

05-08-14 - IV Bill showed up and paid

05-12-14 - Sent IV package overnight

05-13-14 - IV package received at NVC (Scanned on may 15th)

06-05-14 - AOS Checklist for not having N/A written for "Place of Residence" (checklist info received over the phone).

06-09-14 - AOS Checklist - I864EZ delivered today.

06-11-14 - I864EZ got scanned today.

06-13-14 - Sent original marriage and birth certificate out to NVC. (Received at NVC 06-16-14)

06-16-14 - received fake checklist asking for 864ez and marriage certificate

06-20-14 - Marriage and Birth certificate scanned

07-23-14 - Case complete (Talked to Don at NVC on 7/24) -- Received CC email 7/30

08-01-14 - Interview date assigned (Sept 9th)

08-05-14 - Received Interview Letter via email

09-10-14 - Visa Approved

09-11-14 - Paid the extortion fees

Timeline
12 hours ago, akash.shah said:

HI,

My PD is 28 Nov 2003 F4 India Category...When can i expect IL? 

I believe they process IL emails on a night batch. Monday is the first working day after Thanksgiving Holiday weekend, so they may start sending out letters starting from Monday night in the US. Since cutoff date on last visa bulletin for India was Nov 22 and your PD is Nov 23, You should be one of the first individuals to get it. Hope you get in soon.

54 minutes ago, 2001 said:

I believe they process IL emails on a night batch. Monday is the first working day after Thanksgiving Holiday weekend, so they may start sending out letters starting from Monday night in the US. Since cutoff date on last visa bulletin for India was Nov 22 and your PD is Nov 23, You should be one of the first individuals to get it. Hope you get in soon.

Nov 28*  not Nov 23 but a few days shouldn't be an issue. *Fingers Crossed*. I will post it here as soon as I receive it. Thanks for your help! Much Appreciated. 

P.S. : I called NVC today and they said they don't have the interview date as PD is not current, but that's the response that I've been getting for months. Just to check I called the Embassy in Mumbai and they also said that the case has not been transferred to them yet. 

Anyways, lets see what happens..Hoping for the best!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.