jennnnnnnnnna

January 2017 I-130 (Family Petition) Filers

764 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 3/2/2018 at 9:49 PM, Caramel Swirl said:

Means you are almost at the finish line!!!!!

In a nutshell......NVC has your case and you will soon be able to pay your AOS and IV fees online, choose your agent, submit your supporting documents, wait and receive interview and BAM...your family is reunited.

Good luck to all of us!!!!

Nice going zee.  Keep us updated.

@Caramel Swirl yeah! Interview will be on April 16.. good luck to us!

Timeline
43 minutes ago, rain25 said:

Hi everyone,

Once the visa of our parents are shipped together with the passport, how long usually it expires before they need to travel here in the US. I read some got 6 months while others got 3 months. Thanks for those who will reply.

@rain25 you can see the expiration in the visa attached/pasted on the passport. I think its 6months.

congrats anyway!

Timeline
46 minutes ago, rain25 said:

Hi everyone,

Once the visa of our parents are shipped together with the passport, how long usually it expires before they need to travel here in the US. I read some got 6 months while others got 3 months. Thanks for those who will reply.

But i read some has only 3months validity.better be prepared for three mos.

Timeline
On 3/10/2018 at 5:13 AM, gmnwill said:

My dad and I got an email that says he is missing a document (NBI) and says there that he can bring that to the interview or send it to NVC. My question is do I have to send a copy of it to NVC and have my dad bring it to the interview? Or can he just bring it to the interview without me having to send it to NVC? He does not have an interview date yet. 

Hi! No need to send to NVC. Just bring it on the day of interview.

Timeline
On 2/22/2018 at 3:07 AM, Cupcakes16 said:

Hello Everyone,

I have a question to those who may have came across this petitioning both their Father and Mother as a US Citizen.

I am at the stage of sending the i-864 forms to NVC for each of my parents. However, I only paid for my Father’s AOS Fee $120 because I saw on the NVC Website (and was confirmed by an officer when I called them) that since they are filed separately but concurrently, I only needed to pay the fee once.

Upon payment, I received the AOS cover letter which would go on front of the entire application. However, for my mother, since I did not pay a fee, she does not have that receipt/cover letter. 

My question is to those who have similar cases, what did you send for the secondary application, I was told the checklist is sufficient but I just wanted to hear if someone else encountered my situation.

Thank you for reading my question and your expected reply.

•  

Hi! You have to pay separately. I have three kids on the process,  we paid for them separately Application, VISA, AOS and so on. 

Hello everyone My parents got their visa approved . When I applied I paid all the fees seperately and I wrote principal member foe each one of them on their DS 260. But the interview was together and they  both got their visa. Now my question is , can they enter Us in any order? any suggestions? Thank you in advance 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On 4/1/2018 at 11:24 AM, Dassie said:

Hello everyone My parents got their visa approved . When I applied I paid all the fees seperately and I wrote principal member foe each one of them on their DS 260. But the interview was together and they  both got their visa. Now my question is , can they enter Us in any order? any suggestions? Thank you in advance 

Congrats!!!

Married December 2011

04/03/13 - Mailed I130/I485/I131/I76504/08/13 - Package delivered to Chicago Lockbox

04/16/13 - NOA(x4) Text/Email received with MSC number, routed to NBC

04/18/13 - Able to check status on USCIS site

04/18/13 - Received biometrics notice for 5/8/13 apt

04/23/13 - Biometrics completed by walk-in

05/14/13 - I-485 Case Status updated to Testing & Interview

05/20/13 - Text message (as of 5/19/13 I-485 interview date set for 6/20/13)06/10/13 - Status update - AP approved EAD in card production

06/14/13 - Status update - EAD/AP card mailed out (Tracker: USPS estimated delivery date 6/17/13)

06/17/13 - EAD/AP Combo Card arrival!!!!!! (I am cute looking in my picluv.gif)06/20/13 - I-485 Interviewgoofy.gif

06/20/13 - Pronto Approval!!!! "As of today you are a Legal Permanent Resident of the USA"

06/20/13 - Status updated 3 times (1-485 card approval/production, 1-130 approval NOA mailed out & 1-NOA of LPR registration status)

06/25/13 - GC in card production

06/26/13 - Status update - GC mailed out (Tracker: USPS estimated delivery date 6/29/13 )

07/01/13 - HAPPY BIRTHDAY and 4th of JULY to me (GC received - Praise be to God for another miracle and blessing!!!) cray5ol.gifcray5ol.gifTears of Joy!!

REMOVAL OF CONDITION (ROC)

03/02/15 - USCIS Removal of Condition reminder letter received

03/30/15 - I-751 package submitted

03/31/15 - I-751 package delivered to USCIS

04/01/15 - NOA date

04/03/15 - I-751 check cashed by USCIS

04/28/15 - Biometrics appointment

01/26/16 - Email notification - I-751 Approved and card in production

01/28/16 - Card mailed out

01/30/16 - Thank God!! received card in the mail (NEXT STEP - CITIZENSHIP)

CITIZENSHIP

03/22/16 - N-400 package submitted​

03/23/16 - N-400 package delivered to USCIS

03/30/16 - Check cashed by USCIS

03/30/16 - NOA

04/13/16 - Biometrics appointment

07/15/16 - Interview Date

07/27/16 - Oath

1211 days!!!!!! PRAISE GOD...I AM A CITIZEN!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On 4/1/2018 at 11:24 AM, Dassie said:

Congrats!!!  Yep I'm pretty sure they can travel separately as their applications were independent of each other.  Give USCIS a call.  All the best.

Married December 2011

04/03/13 - Mailed I130/I485/I131/I76504/08/13 - Package delivered to Chicago Lockbox

04/16/13 - NOA(x4) Text/Email received with MSC number, routed to NBC

04/18/13 - Able to check status on USCIS site

04/18/13 - Received biometrics notice for 5/8/13 apt

04/23/13 - Biometrics completed by walk-in

05/14/13 - I-485 Case Status updated to Testing & Interview

05/20/13 - Text message (as of 5/19/13 I-485 interview date set for 6/20/13)06/10/13 - Status update - AP approved EAD in card production

06/14/13 - Status update - EAD/AP card mailed out (Tracker: USPS estimated delivery date 6/17/13)

06/17/13 - EAD/AP Combo Card arrival!!!!!! (I am cute looking in my picluv.gif)06/20/13 - I-485 Interviewgoofy.gif

06/20/13 - Pronto Approval!!!! "As of today you are a Legal Permanent Resident of the USA"

06/20/13 - Status updated 3 times (1-485 card approval/production, 1-130 approval NOA mailed out & 1-NOA of LPR registration status)

06/25/13 - GC in card production

06/26/13 - Status update - GC mailed out (Tracker: USPS estimated delivery date 6/29/13 )

07/01/13 - HAPPY BIRTHDAY and 4th of JULY to me (GC received - Praise be to God for another miracle and blessing!!!) cray5ol.gifcray5ol.gifTears of Joy!!

REMOVAL OF CONDITION (ROC)

03/02/15 - USCIS Removal of Condition reminder letter received

03/30/15 - I-751 package submitted

03/31/15 - I-751 package delivered to USCIS

04/01/15 - NOA date

04/03/15 - I-751 check cashed by USCIS

04/28/15 - Biometrics appointment

01/26/16 - Email notification - I-751 Approved and card in production

01/28/16 - Card mailed out

01/30/16 - Thank God!! received card in the mail (NEXT STEP - CITIZENSHIP)

CITIZENSHIP

03/22/16 - N-400 package submitted​

03/23/16 - N-400 package delivered to USCIS

03/30/16 - Check cashed by USCIS

03/30/16 - NOA

04/13/16 - Biometrics appointment

07/15/16 - Interview Date

07/27/16 - Oath

1211 days!!!!!! PRAISE GOD...I AM A CITIZEN!!!

Filed: IR-5 Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
On 01/04/2018 at 4:24 PM, Dassie said:

Congratulations @Dassie. Can You answer some  of  my questions? 

Did you send the aos and iv documents in one envelope for BOTH your parents or did you send them separately one for mom and one for dad?

Can we use highlighter to highlight some thing on the documents to bring to the attention of the nvc officer?  

Thanks

Got this email from NVC on Friday. 

The National Visa Center (NVC) received all the requested documentation for this immigrant visa case. The applicant is now in the queue awaiting an interview appointment overseas, where a consular officer will adjudicate the applicant’s visa application.

How long does it take till they give out an interview date?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline

PANIC MODE!! So my mom's interview is in the morning and while reviewing her documents again I just realized that I sent the wrong DS form..I sent 261 instead of 260. Do you think that would be an issue or would they proceed with the interview and ask her to bring it later if all goes well? 😠😠😠😠 I'm so nervous and made at myself

My i-130 was received December 28th so I will use this forum. Received receipt  2 weeks later and found my case went to Nebraska. Could not check case status at USCIS with the number on my receipt until February 22. I have been reading through so many forums trying to get timeline for Nebraska and people at the end of September are saying they got approved so looks like at least around 6 months or a little longer.  Then I've also been reading the nvc forums and the process we are at now is the easy part. Hoping to be done with everything and approved by end of year so I will see. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline

My monset green card was approved today!!. We did have some hiccups with her interview though. She went on April 12th but they asked her to bring a photo of us together and a stamp on my passport from my last visit home. She turned those I  on Monday and Tuesday they called her to take her passport to the embassy

15 hours ago, zee19 said:

My monset green card was approved today!!. We did have some hiccups with her interview though. She went on April 12th but they asked her to bring a photo of us together and a stamp on my passport from my last visit home. She turned those I  on Monday and Tuesday they called her to take her passport to the embassy

Congratulations! :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.