jennnnnnnnnna

January 2017 I-130 (Family Petition) Filers

764 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

did any of you have to request a different consulate location? she was assigned to china, while she lives in hong kong. i was advised to email asknvc@state.gov cross my fingers it can be done....

btw i finally got an email today with her case number and invoice number to start applying.  thats after 7 months of wait!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: China
Timeline
2 hours ago, Awi said:

It took a month to get the receipt notice but I believe that the petition was upgraded before that.

But today on August 17, I received an RFE email :( I am very sad want to kill myself and blame it on USCIS. Why do they even need anything other than a marriage certificate in english provided by the Government of India. Just doesn't make any sense. 

Ooops, I am sorry to hear that... you know what, we got this for sure.

It just takes time and tremendous patience. The ENDING is going to be perfect!

Thanks for the answer. All the best to you.

@Azure30  you are still you, I guess the name change order document should do it. No worries.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 8/14/2017 at 4:39 PM, MCD said:

Thank you!!!

I'd like to know as well.  Thank you!

IR-5 Timeline (Petitioning both of my parents from Philippines)

1/14/2017 - Mailed Petition to Chicago Lockbox 

1/18/2017 - Petition Received

1/25/2017 - Received text and email notification that case was accepted and routed to Texas Service Center

1/27/2017 - Check cashed and received NOA1 in the mail

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 7/29/2017 at 11:24 PM, jennnnnnnnnna said:

To those who are curious what the next steps are after the USCIS approval, here's my NVC timeline (so far):

06/13/17 - I-130 approved

07/20/17 - got my NVC case ID and invoice # over the phone. 

07/21/17 - received email from NVC with case ID and invoice # along with steps and document checklist

07/21/17 - chose agent (me) / got email confirmation right away

07/22/17 - paid $120 AOS fee (this one's tricky, because when I went to check my status on NVC's website, it says there I need to call NVC to confirm the information regarding the agent chosen was correct but on the receipt of that I received after choosing the agent, it says I will receive an email with my case id and invoice id... in my case, I just paid the fee right away since it's a Saturday and I won't be able to call NVC anyway.)

07/26/17 - AOS fee status changed from IN PROCESS to PAID

07/29/17 -  called NVC because it has been a few days and the IV fee is still grayed out. I was able to confirm that I'm on the right track and that it normally takes a whole week for them to process the payment.

07/30/17 - received IV invoice for $325, paid right away (the Beneficiary ID is on this invoice. I have been wondering where I could find it since it is needed when filling out DS260

I guess I'll try to be patient and wait for 1 whole week for them to process my IV fee... I have already filled out my AOS form and just compiling all other requirements. I'll let you guys know what happens next. :) 

I've  been following you here and thanks for sharing. I am a February filer and I am having a problem with the IV FEE.. I paid August 8 on their website, they already got the money from my bank account the next day, and until now I am still waiting. It's still " IN PROGRESS" status! it will vr 2 weeks soon! I even submitted all my documents already, AOS and IV Packages and they already received them ( we called NVC)

They just said "Just wait".. but waiting is killing me:'( 

How's your status Jennnnnnaaaaaa?

6 hours ago, bhelle said:

I've  been following you here and thanks for sharing. I am a February filer and I am having a problem with the IV FEE.. I paid August 8 on their website, they already got the money from my bank account the next day, and until now I am still waiting. It's still " IN PROGRESS" status! it will vr 2 weeks soon! I even submitted all my documents already, AOS and IV Packages and they already received them ( we called NVC)

They just said "Just wait".. but waiting is killing me:'( 

How's your status Jennnnnnaaaaaa?

Hi @bhelle Yeah, the IV fee status took so long to change based on my experience too.. Now I'm just waiting for them to process my papers.. Hopefully we hear from NVC soon! good luck to us!

6 hours ago, jennnnnnnnnna said:

Hi @bhelle Yeah, the IV fee status took so long to change based on my experience too.. Now I'm just waiting for them to process my papers.. Hopefully we hear from NVC soon! good luck to us!

I paid myAOS fee on the 16th for my mom. But it's still "in progress". My dads was approved on the 2nd August but it hasn't reached NVC .jennnnnnnna are you still waiting for the interview? Good Luck to all of us🙏

3 minutes ago, Dassie said:

I paid myAOS fee on the 16th for my mom. But it's still "in progress". My dads was approved on the 2nd August but it hasn't reached NVC .jennnnnnnna are you still waiting for the interview? Good Luck to all of us🙏

Yes, they just got my documents on the 8th of August, so I'm not expecting to hear from them anytime soon. I did call them the last week because the status on NVC's website says I need to submit documents. They did confirm they received the documents and it takes 11 weeks to process. Hope they process it sooner than that! Good luck to you as well! :)

Timeline
8 hours ago, jennnnnnnnnna said:

I see :'(

I can't open  DS260 because of that "IN PROGRESS" status! Goodluck to us! 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
5 hours ago, jennnnnnnnnna said:

Yes, they just got my documents on the 8th of August, so I'm not expecting to hear from them anytime soon. I did call them the last week because the status on NVC's website says I need to submit documents. They did confirm they received the documents and it takes 11 weeks to process. Hope they process it sooner than that! Good luck to you as well! :)

@jennnnnnnnnna I got I 130 approval for one of my parents , still waiting for the other application.  How do we get information from NVC? by email or postal mail?

God is Good All The Time

16 hours ago, SmileAlways said:

@jennnnnnnnnna I got I 130 approval for one of my parents , still waiting for the other application.  How do we get information from NVC? by email or postal mail?

I got mine via email. I called them on the 4th week after the approval and got my NVC case # and invoice id first and then I got the email the next day. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
3 hours ago, jennnnnnnnnna said:

I got mine via email. I called them on the 4th week after the approval and got my NVC case # and invoice id first and then I got the email the next day. 

Thanks @jennnnnnnnnna . Did you give email address in I 130?

God is Good All The Time

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Hope all is well with everyone!! Here's an update from me. (petitioning for both parents)

Petitions sent to USCIS:            January 7 

NOA1:                                        January 19 

NOA2:                                        June 2 

Case at NVC:                             June 16

NVC case # created:                  June 30

DS-261 completed:                    July 3

NVC Welcome letter received:   July 5

AoS fees paid:                           July 6

IV invoice received:                    July 14

IV fees paid, status in-process: July 17

IV package sent to NVC:            July 29

NVC received IV package:         July 31

IV fees status changed to PAID: July 31 

Submitted DS-260:                     August 1 

Now all I can do is just wait and pray 😬😬😬 good luck guys!! 

Filed: Other Timeline

Hi everyone, 

here is my update:

7/17/17 case approved

8/15/17 emails from NVC received for both parents, chose the agent, paid AOS fee ( FYI if there are two related cases only one $120 fee is paid) - status still shows IN PROGRESS 

8/23/17 got the invoices for two IV fees, paid (their website kept crashing and i got many errors had to resubmit at least 10 times, called the customer service-wasn't helpful at all, tried on SAFARI browser - payments went through -  status IN PROGRESS

:rolleyes:

Timeline
8 hours ago, kumta527sor said:

Hi everyone, 

here is my update:

7/17/17 case approved

8/15/17 emails from NVC received for both parents, chose the agent, paid AOS fee ( FYI if there are two related cases only one $120 fee is paid) - status still shows IN PROGRESS 

8/23/17 got the invoices for two IV fees, paid (their website kept crashing and i got many errors had to resubmit at least 10 times, called the customer service-wasn't helpful at all, tried on SAFARI browser - payments went through -  status IN PROGRESS

:rolleyes:

This "in progress" thing is also my problem. Waiting for 16 days now!!! Arrrgghhh!!! 

Timeline
On 8/23/2017 at 5:17 PM, love&cinta said:

Hope all is well with everyone!! Here's an update from me. (petitioning for both parents)

Now all I can do is just wait and pray 😬😬😬 goo

Hello everyone! This is my timeline and update :)

Feb 17 sent petition for mom

Feb 27  NOA1 received

July 20 NOA2 received

July 31 NVC  Welcome Letter with
            1.NVC CASE NUMBER
            2.INVOICE ID NUMBER

AUG 1 CHOICE OF AGENT
             PAID AOS FEE 

AUG.8 paid IV FEE

AUG 10 sent AOS & IV PACKET 

16 days "IN PROGRESS" status

AUG.24 finally they changed my status to PAID

AUG.25 DS260 Completed!

Now wait again!
Goodluck everyone!! 

Can we ask our benificiaries now to do the medical? Is that allowed??

On 8/23/2017 at 5:17 PM, love&cinta said:

Now all I can do is just wait and pray 😬😬😬 good luck guys!! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.