Ms. Arely C.

Consular Interview-Sponsor/Income Question

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi Everyone! So after two days of getting my ASC acount to work, I got an ASC Appointment & Consular Interview! (Mexico) I will be having a sponsor. I have 2 questions on that. Question 1) Can both my parents be sponsors? Since they do they're taxes together or do I just pick one of them. And Q2) We are a family of 4. Five (5) including my fiance. For the K1 visa income requirements it says "Persons in household/Sponsors dependents" & "Poverty Guidline." Do we go with the income of family of 4 (My parents, my sibling & I) or 5 (my parents, sibling, fiance & I) ? Also i am pregnant and i heard the baby doesnt count as a person until he/she is born, is that true?

Thanks! :) 

Edited by Ms. Arely C.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

1.  Yes.  Have the main wage earner fill out I-864 and the spouse I-864A to add their income.

2.  Your household would be 2: you and your fiance.  Your parents household would be 5 (asuming you and sister are financially dependent on them): the family plus fiance.

3. Correct.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Timeline
On Saturday, January 07, 2017 at 5:55 AM, Penguin_ie said:

1.  Yes.  Have the main wage earner fill out I-864 and the spouse I-864A to add their income.

2.  Your household would be 2: you and your fiance.  Your parents household would be 5 (asuming you and sister are financially dependent on them): the family plus fiance.

3. Correct.

I got a bit confused on #1. So the main wage earner (Parent #1) will fill out I-864 and the spouse (would that be parent #2 or me?) will have to fill out I-864A. Since I saw that I-864A is "Contract between sponsor & house hold member". So then what about form I-134? The "Affidavit of support" do I not need that one since I will be using a sponsor?

Thanks (: 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

No, you need to fill in your own affadavit of support; as petitioner, you are always the main sponsor. For you, it is usually the I-134 for the consular interview and then the I-864 for AOS after marriage.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Timeline
21 hours ago, Penguin_ie said:

No, you need to fill in your own affadavit of support; as petitioner, you are always the main sponsor. For you, it is usually the I-134 for the consular interview and then the I-864 for AOS after marriage.

So let me try to clear this out then: For the consular interview I still have to fill out an I-134 even if my income isn't enough?  So what forms do my parents have to fill out since they are my sponsors?

Thanks (: 

I believe you can only have one joint sponsor at this time. So you'll fill an i134 form and send as much support docs as you have and the sponsor will fill one i134 as well, send all the support docs and proof of citizenship or lpr

support docs: last few years tax transcripts, w2, last few months pay stubs, letters from employer, bank statements, etc

Timeline
11 hours ago, p-ana said:

I believe you can only have one joint sponsor at this time. So you'll fill an i134 form and send as much support docs as you have and the sponsor will fill one i134 as well, send all the support docs and proof of citizenship or lpr

support docs: last few years tax transcripts, w2, last few months pay stubs, letters from employer, bank statements, etc

So BOTH of my parents can't sponsor me? Only one of them can? They do their taxes together, there are 4 of us in total but including my fiance it will be 5 in a household. My Mom makes a little over 20K(around 22K) a year & my Dad makes around the same. My income won't be enough since I worked 5 months then found out I am pregnant. So if both of them will be sponsoring will they be joint sponsor 1 & 2? Or do I have to pick the parent that makes the most? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.