6 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Scotland
Timeline

Happy New Year to all of you!

I need some advice on my AOS that has gone over the processing time. Long story short - I arrived and have been working in the US on a P1 visa since 2012. I married my USC girlfriend of 3 years in January 2016.  I filed for AOS on Feb 16th 2016, had my biometrics appointment shortly after that. My EAD/AP was approved in late April, however, due to issues with USCIS card printing, I didn't receive my documents until late June - this was a frustrating time for my wife and I. 

Now we are approaching a year since we filed - our interview has been scheduled and canceled twice(!!!) - I've called customer service and did online service requests. The most recent interview was canceled on November 10th and I filed another service request online - I've just had a response to that saying they have no further information on my case - feels like a generic and lazy response from the assigned officer. 

One of my main concerns is that my EAD is running out in just over 3 months and I cannot go through another period of being unable to work. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I should do next? 

Thank you.

Arrived on P1 Visa - 2012

Married USC - 1/20/16

Filed I-485/130/131/765 - 2/16/16

NOA1 - 2/19/16

Biometrics Appt - 3/17/16 (Successful Walk-in 3/7/16)

RFE - 3/18/16

Service request for EAD due to job offer - 4/28/16

AP - Approval notice 4/28/16

6/20 - EAD/AP card received (finally)

8/15 - interview scheduled for 9/23

8/22 - interview canceled

11/2 - interview rescheduled for 12/7

11/14 - interview canceled (AGAIN!!!!)

sorry to hear about your troubles. In your place, I'd apply for a renewal EAD at the end of January to be on the safe side. You don't have to pay as your application to adjust status is still pending (it says so on the instructions under 'renewal EAD'. Include copies of your current EAD and your NOA showing the pending i-485.

Have you tried an infopass appointment? Perhaps you can get your congressman involved? A shame it's just past election season, we tried that route in September and they were very responsive, perhaps due to the impending elections...

Good luck!

Edited by DrEllaNJ
specified timeframe

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Singapore
Timeline

You should probably extend your EAD, just to be safe. 

Im curious- Why were your interviews cancelled?

i130 (both parents)

2021/06/04 i130 filed online, routed to Nebraska

2021/09/03 RFE received, responded within a day
2021/11/19 Both i130 approved.

Currently waiting for cases to be transferred to NVC

Timeline
45 minutes ago, DrEllaNJ said:

sorry to hear about your troubles. In your place, I'd apply for a renewal EAD at the end of January to be on the safe side. You don't have to pay as your application to adjust status is still pending (it says so on the instructions under 'renewal EAD'. Include copies of your current EAD and your NOA showing the pending i-485.

Have you tried an infopass appointment? Perhaps you can get your congressman involved? A shame it's just past election season, we tried that route in September and they were very responsive, perhaps due to the impending elections...

Good luck!

Thanks for the advice. I think I will apply for a new EAD asap. I was working with a senators office while I was awaiting my original EAD - that took 5 months because of USCIS' card production issues - the person that was helping me from that office appears not to be working there anymore, and no one picks up the phone to that senator's main office.  I'm going to contact the other state senator.

Married USC - 1/20/16

NOA1 - 2/19/16

RFE - 3/18/16

Timeline
33 minutes ago, NYC waiting game said:

You should probably extend your EAD, just to be safe. 

Im curious- Why were your interviews cancelled?

I would love to know why they were cancelled too. Both were scheduled and then cancelled a few days later. I received the same notice each time saying "due to unforeseen circumstances, we have cancelled the previously scheduled interview" - both letters were generic with no more information.

Married USC - 1/20/16

NOA1 - 2/19/16

RFE - 3/18/16

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Singapore
Timeline

that's non sense, you should probably go in for info pass

i130 (both parents)

2021/06/04 i130 filed online, routed to Nebraska

2021/09/03 RFE received, responded within a day
2021/11/19 Both i130 approved.

Currently waiting for cases to be transferred to NVC

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.