Jump to content
snowcat

221g for NSO Birth Certificate

46 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

I didn't have an original copy of my birth certificate for my K1 interview today (had to give my original copy to Japan Embassy for a recent family trip to Japan and completely forgot to order a new one in time for my USEM K1 interview - careless mistake, I know!) but was approved anyway, just with a 221g for the birth cert. I asked Releasing how long it'll take and he told me it shouldn't take more than 2 weeks for my visa to be officially approved after they receive the birth cert... but I've been reading different things on the forums.

 

Just wondering if anyone has had a similar experience to mine and how long the extra wait time was in your experience? I just ordered the birth certificate online and am expecting it by next Tuesday (Jan 10). I will also be sending it via 2GO on that same day. I am hoping to leave by mid-February 2017 (next month), hopefully before Valentine's Day, and I'm curious if I'll be able to make it. I also chose the PICK UP option, thinking that would be faster than having it delivered straight to my house.

 

Thanks! :)

Edited by snowcat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, snowcat said:

I didn't have an original copy of my birth certificate for my K1 interview today (had to give my original copy to Japan Embassy for a recent family trip to Japan and completely forgot to order a new one in time for my USEM K1 interview - careless mistake, I know!) but was approved anyway, just with a 221g for the birth cert. I asked Releasing how long it'll take and he told me it shouldn't take more than 2 weeks for my visa to be officially approved after they receive the birth cert... but I've been reading different things on the forums.

 

Just wondering if anyone has had a similar experience to mine and how long the extra wait time was in your experience? I just ordered the birth certificate online and am expecting it by next Tuesday (Jan 10). I will also be sending it via 2GO on that same day. I am hoping to leave by mid-February 2017 (next month), hopefully before Valentine's Day, and I'm curious if I'll be able to make it. I also chose the PICK UP option, thinking that would be faster than having it delivered straight to my house.

 

Thanks! :)

 

Quite a few have gotten a 221g for missing documents, the delay is like said at the last window during your interview - a couple weeks after they receive the document.

 

I would think by before the end of January you would see your visa if the embassy gets the BC quickly.   Did you order an extra BC or two to bring to the states with you?  You will need it there.

 

Do you have CFO completed?

Edited by Sagot

Visa chase and citizenship.. DONE!

 

For helpful information  gif animation     CLICK HERE!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sagot said:

 

Quite a few have gotten a 221g for missing documents, the delay is like said at the last window during your interview - a couple weeks after they receive the document.

 

I would think by before the end of January you would see your visa if the embassy gets the BC quickly.   Did you order an extra BC or two to bring to the states with you?  You will need it there.

 

Do you have CFO completed?

Thanks for the response, Sagot! That's reassuring. Will be sending the BC to the Embassy as soon as I get it! I ordered an extra copy, thinking I would probably need another one down the line. I'll also probably get another one just in case, before leaving. Thanks for letting me know I'd need one again!

 

Yes, I've had my CFO seminar. Just need to go back to get that sticker on my passport, after I receive my visa. :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You'll need a couple of extra BC's when you are here in the USA.  Few originals and some extra copies. Don't go crazy.


Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 should be plenty. You can make copies here in the USA so don't have to bother from there.

Edited by Greenbaum

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/5/2017 at 11:17 PM, snowcat said:

Just wondering if anyone has had a similar experience to mine and how long the extra wait time was in your experience? I just ordered the birth certificate online and am expecting it by next Tuesday (Jan 10). I will also be sending it via 2GO on that same day. I am hoping to leave by mid-February 2017 (next month), hopefully before Valentine's Day, and I'm curious if I'll be able to make it. I also chose the PICK UP option, thinking that would be faster than having it delivered straight to my house.

 

Thanks! :)

 Does not seem right to me that they would outright keep your birth certificate!! Here in the U.S. the original is required when applying for passport but is returned shortly thereafter. I actually received my passport first, then b.c. about a week later.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The PSA birth certificate is a required document for the visa process ..  don't get a visa without providing it.   ;)  :lol:

 

I see you are just starting this adventure... very soon the real fun will start. :)

 

Here is what you can look forward to:  http://visaconnection-philippines.com/index.php/2-visa-process/3-usem-k-1-visa


Visa chase and citizenship.. DONE!

 

For helpful information  gif animation     CLICK HERE!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Bob_B said:

 Please explain.....what is a CFO?

Here ya go:

 

http://cfo.gov.ph/gcp.html

http://visaconnection-philippines.com/index.php/2-visa-process/5-cfo-gcp-seminar


Visa chase and citizenship.. DONE!

 

For helpful information  gif animation     CLICK HERE!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Bob_B said:

 Does not seem right to me that they would outright keep your birth certificate!! Here in the U.S. the original is required when applying for passport but is returned shortly thereafter. I actually received my passport first, then b.c. about a week later.

Well, when we say "original", it's not the actual original BC, just an "original copy", if that makes sense, from the National Statistics Office. It has their official seal and a barcode that states when that particular "original copy" was ordered (it is usually "valid" for 6 months - which really makes no sense to me, because I mean it is the same BC, like I was born under the exact same circumstances whether or not that copy was ordered 6 months or years before - it's not like the events on day of my birth gets updated, right? lol). :) Anyway, yeah so the Japan embassy never returned mine and I'm not sure if the US embassy will return mine either. Best to have a few copies to bring back to the US when I leave!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bob_B said:

 Please explain.....what is a CFO?

 

1 hour ago, Sagot said:

 

Hi Bob_B, you can also read my recent CFO experience here:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×