nyala62

CR1 reaffirmed in Ghana (split topic)

1,471 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
3 hours ago, Shomefune96 said:

That is just craziness? They really asked you why your family wasn't there. I don't know why they act as if everyone has thousands of bucks to travel on a whim to a wedding across the globe. Just crazy. You will get it. I'm putting the positive vibes in the air right now as we speak for you. You will see your husband soon :) Good Luck! 

Thank you they say good things come to those who wait. I hope that is true!!!!!

Timeline
3 hours ago, Shomefune96 said:

As for the denials, they  are really up to the agent and how well your spouse answers the questions. I'm saying that because everything they asked for we had and it still didn't seem to be enough. and truthfully we didn't provide much more at the second interview that we did in the beginning. So my assumption is just to be sure your spouse knows you and your family well because they sometimes asks questions regarding the family. And dates, at least the months of when you met, how long you been together, your children if you have any, that sort of thing. It basically lets them know how well you actually know each other. They are just trying to make sure your marriage isn't fraudulent. They don't ask many questions at all some more than others. So the reasons for denial i can't really say, but as for delays, that is simply BECAUSE there are so many denials. Once you are denied, you are put to the back of the stack, behind new petitions and it will just depend on your service centers backorder time that will determine how long it will be before they contact you back. Based on being here for a while, i think its safe to say if you are denied, to expect the process to be at least 18 months to 2 years after that, from the denial to the finish (getting the visa). I've not heard of anyone that went for a second interview get denied. One of our other users, LadeanB, said it earlier, i think sometimes they just deny you to see if you will last thru the process cause so many people do not. 

I know it sounds bad if you get denied, but think of it this way. So many of us had NO CLUE going in what to expect. It was the not knowing that was the worst for me and i'm sure everyone else. But if you KNOW what to expect, it makes that wait a lot easier and makes you feel less frantic about things. You can relax a little and just enjoy each other they way you currently have it, and only think about what you need to do when the time comes. That's why i continue to be here even after getting my husband here. Just to help others with their process know what to expect. 

I visited literally 1 time prior to his first interview and 1 time prior to his next interview, i didn't have the money or time to keep going back and forth. They say the more you visit the more of a chance you have. I do not know if that is true or not, as i know a person right now whose wife has not only been there several times but has business dealings going on in Ghana and travel there all the time, and when they went for the visa he was denied the first go round, the weird part about that too is usually they look for red flags, like age difference, difference in religion, etc. And she not only visited often but they were both of the same religion and same age.  And then i have a friend currently who was approved the first time they tried, took them exactly 10 months from application to getting the visa. So it all just goes back to there is no way to know what will get you approved or denied. You just do your best and hang on to each other, stay close and don't get discouraged. 

Thank you so much for all your wonderful post showing the experience you went through. In did, it has been a very good information rendered. We only look on to the best outcome. All cases can't be same, therefore is better to wait for the best to come.

Timeline
On 5/24/2018 at 2:37 PM, Shomefune96 said:

As for the denials, they  are really up to the agent and how well your spouse answers the questions. I'm saying that because everything they asked for we had and it still didn't seem to be enough. and truthfully we didn't provide much more at the second interview that we did in the beginning. So my assumption is just to be sure your spouse knows you and your family well because they sometimes asks questions regarding the family. And dates, at least the months of when you met, how long you been together, your children if you have any, that sort of thing. It basically lets them know how well you actually know each other. They are just trying to make sure your marriage isn't fraudulent. They don't ask many questions at all some more than others. So the reasons for denial i can't really say, but as for delays, that is simply BECAUSE there are so many denials. Once you are denied, you are put to the back of the stack, behind new petitions and it will just depend on your service centers backorder time that will determine how long it will be before they contact you back. Based on being here for a while, i think its safe to say if you are denied, to expect the process to be at least 18 months to 2 years after that, from the denial to the finish (getting the visa). I've not heard of anyone that went for a second interview get denied. One of our other users, LadeanB, said it earlier, i think sometimes they just deny you to see if you will last thru the process cause so many people do not. 

I know it sounds bad if you get denied, but think of it this way. So many of us had NO CLUE going in what to expect. It was the not knowing that was the worst for me and i'm sure everyone else. But if you KNOW what to expect, it makes that wait a lot easier and makes you feel less frantic about things. You can relax a little and just enjoy each other they way you currently have it, and only think about what you need to do when the time comes. That's why i continue to be here even after getting my husband here. Just to help others with their process know what to expect. 

I visited literally 1 time prior to his first interview and 1 time prior to his next interview, i didn't have the money or time to keep going back and forth. They say the more you visit the more of a chance you have. I do not know if that is true or not, as i know a person right now whose wife has not only been there several times but has business dealings going on in Ghana and travel there all the time, and when they went for the visa he was denied the first go round, the weird part about that too is usually they look for red flags, like age difference, difference in religion, etc. And she not only visited often but they were both of the same religion and same age.  And then i have a friend currently who was approved the first time they tried, took them exactly 10 months from application to getting the visa. So it all just goes back to there is no way to know what will get you approved or denied. You just do your best and hang on to each other, stay close and don't get discouraged. 

Will you be able to give me sample of the Affidavit you got from your family testifying the legitimacy of your marriage with your spouse and also sample of the one you wrote to support that you guys love each other?. Also, I need to know if the affidavit were notarize at the court. I will appreciate your kind response.

Timeline
On 5/27/2018 at 7:28 PM, nadler Howard said:

Will you be able to give me sample of the Affidavit you got from your family testifying the legitimacy of your marriage with your spouse and also sample of the one you wrote to support that you guys love each other?. Also, I need to know if the affidavit were notarize at the court. I will appreciate your kind response.

They were just regular letters explaining how they feel about our relationship and what they know about it. I think i may have one left on my computer. I will look for it later today and upload it if i can. And no you do not need to have it notarized at all. 

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Shomefune96 said:

They were just regular letters explaining how they feel about our relationship and what they know about it. I think i may have one left on my computer. I will look for it later today and upload it if i can. And no you do not need to have it notarized at all. 

I will appreciate that. Thanks allot.

• 1 month later...
Timeline
On 5/29/2018 at 10:49 AM, nadler Howard said:

I will appreciate that. Thanks allot.

Hey do you still need these. I completely forgot about it, i'm so sorry. Let me know and i'll upload them. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, Shomefune96 said:

Hey do you still need these. I completely forgot about it, i'm so sorry. Let me know and i'll upload them. 

Yes thanks

Timeline
36 minutes ago, nadler Howard said:

Yes thanks

MyLetter1.docSerie's Letter1.doc

There are two attachments, my letter and my mom's letter (serie's letter). When opening it may only give you a URL address. Copy and paste it in your search box on the internet and it should open a word file. If it says unable to convert just keep pressing ok and it will open. Let me know if there are any issues. If so i can email to you if you give me an email address. 

Timeline
On 7/10/2018 at 12:49 AM, Shomefune96 said:

MyLetter1.docSerie's Letter1.doc

There are two attachments, my letter and my mom's letter (serie's letter). When opening it may only give you a URL address. Copy and paste it in your search box on the internet and it should open a word file. If it says unable to convert just keep pressing ok and it will open. Let me know if there are any issues. If so i can email to you if you give me an email address. 

Thanks allot I appreciate.

Timeline
1 hour ago, LadeanB said:

I leave on Monday for Ghana and my husband's interview is Thursday. Please keep us in your prayers.

God willing everything will be positive. Have a safe journey ❤

Timeline
12 hours ago, trustG said:

God willing everything will be positive. Have a safe journey ❤

Yaaaay! i'm so happy for you. You will get it i'm sure. Just stay positive. If nothing else you get to spend time with your hubby. Hopefully you will be bringing him back with you. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.