nyala62

CR1 reaffirmed in Ghana (split topic)

1,471 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
8 hours ago, LadeanB said:

We were approved after the second interview. Our whole CR1 process took just under 3 years.  From the time it was sent to the embassy until we were able to get an interview was about 2 months

Congrats.. 🍾🎈🎊🎉 I know you waited a long time.. I read abt the reaffirmed cases praying for those who have to suffer  more due to such a tough Embassy 

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 8/20/2018 at 1:00 PM, Beryl Topaz said:

Please those who used the new appointment system, how does it work? My case was reaffirmed and brought to Ghana on 18th July of this year. How long must I wait? Has the new system made things quicker?

Comments would be highly appreciated 😊

Did you have to do rebuttal if so how long did it take to respond

Timeline
On 8/20/2018 at 9:08 AM, LadeanB said:

We were approved after the second interview. Our whole CR1 process took just under 3 years.  From the time it was sent to the embassy until we were able to get an interview was about 2 months

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! So very happy for you and yours! Another one down, so many more to go but we will all get there. 

Timeline
On 8/20/2018 at 2:00 PM, Beryl Topaz said:

Please those who used the new appointment system, how does it work? My case was reaffirmed and brought to Ghana on 18th July of this year. How long must I wait? Has the new system made things quicker?

Comments would be highly appreciated 😊

Was your case reaffirmed on July 18th or Ghana received it on July 18. If you were just reaffirmed it first goes back to the National Visa Center (NVC) for them to schedule your appt with the ghana embassy. You should hear from the National Visa Center within 30-90 days from the date you were reaffirmed. What i understand is the case doesn't usually get sent to ghana UNTIL the appointment has been scheduled. So if that is the case then you should be looking to hear from the NVC in the next few weeks or so. 

33 minutes ago, Beryl Topaz said:

They issued a NOIR which I responded according within 5 weeks and then the case was reaffirmed.

Beautiful, very happy for you. Now you can relax and just wait. Over the next few months all will be done and you will get to be with your love. 

Timeline
17 minutes ago, Shomefune96 said:

Was your case reaffirmed on July 18th or Ghana received it on July 18. If you were just reaffirmed it first goes back to the National Visa Center (NVC) for them to schedule your appt with the ghana embassy. You should hear from the National Visa Center within 30-90 days from the date you were reaffirmed. What i understand is the case doesn't usually get sent to ghana UNTIL the appointment has been scheduled. So if that is the case then you should be looking to hear from the NVC in the next few weeks or so. 

Beautiful, very happy for you. Now you can relax and just wait. Over the next few months all will be done and you will get to be with your love. 

It was reaffirmed on June 1 2018 and sent  to the NVC on June 8 2018. NVC sent it to the Embassy on July 10 2018 and Embassy received it on July 18 2018. I am still waiting to hear from them for an appointment.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Beryl Topaz said:

It was reaffirmed on June 1 2018 and sent  to the NVC on June 8 2018. NVC sent it to the Embassy on July 10 2018 and Embassy received it on July 18 2018. I am still waiting to hear from them for an appointment.

Ok cool. 

Have you reached out to them? The embassy i mean to see what they say. They are rude when they respond most of the time, but they will respond within like 3 days. Yeah that new system isn't sounding like its a good thing. Guess i should be glad we didn't have to deal with it. To depend on the Embassy to do things in a timely manner. Ugh! That just sucks. 

Filed: I-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Keep checking online for appointment dates. I don't know about the first time interviews, but I do know we had to schedule our second interview online. They will send you an email saying you are able to schedule your interview...Good luck!!!

Timeline
22 minutes ago, LadeanB said:

Created an account on CGIfederal then watch for available interview dates. It's simple

So do one have to just type in CGI Federal . Gov or. Com?

Timeline
2 hours ago, LadeanB said:

Keep checking online for appointment dates. I don't know about the first time interviews, but I do know we had to schedule our second interview online. They will send you an email saying you are able to schedule your interview...Good luck!!!

How long did it take before the embassy sent u email that u can schedule?

Timeline
20 hours ago, LadeanB said:

Created an account on CGIfederal then watch for available interview dates. It's simple

Pls do I have to create that CGI.federal.gov account now  or should I wait until I hear from the embassy first before creating that account.because my case is also a reaffirmed case .

Thanks.

Timeline
2 hours ago, Moses Bee said:

Pls do I have to create that CGI.federal.gov account now  or should I wait until I hear from the embassy first before creating that account.because my case is also a reaffirmed case .

Thanks.

here is the actual link. I think you can set it up at any time after reaffirmation. https://cgifederal.secure.force.com/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.