rin_ren

Address question!!!

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline

Hello everyone and happy new year!! 

So I have a question, I've been living with my USC fiance in my country currently and I never put the address that we live in any of the information because we just rent the place till we leave. I will mention that we've been living together and bring bills etc of this apartment as evidence that we live together but do you think it's a problem that I never put this address on any of the forms? :'(

I still have to fill out DS-2001 form with my address. 

Edited by rin_ren

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

If you haven't put down the address, where are they going to send you your NOA 1, NOA 2 etc? USCIS won't be able to send you anything if you don't put down an address. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country:
Timeline

From my understanding that you need to complete all forms including your address. Also, to complete DS-160 for K1, you need your current address where you are living and also the address you will be residing in once you are in the USA. You don't have timeline and I am surprised your petition was not rejected for being incomplete if you did not fill it out completely. 

Timeline

Im sorry I don't think you understand, I put my address in all forms, but not the one that I live currently with my fiance, I put the one that I used to live before my fiance even get here. Im just asking if this will be a problem. Because I want to show them evidence that I've been living with my fiance currently. I have all the bills from the house etc. 

Timeline
5 minutes ago, rin_ren said:

Im sorry I don't think you understand, I put my address in all forms, but not the one that I live currently with my fiance, I put the one that I used to live before my fiance even get here. Im just asking if this will be a problem. Because I want to show them evidence that I've been living with my fiance currently. I have all the bills from the house etc. 

Ok, it should not be a problem what address you used before. But for now, yes you need to use your current address on the DS-2001, this is where you will receive your mail and correspondence from the Embassy. 

Timeline

But the thing is that my family lives in the address that I have put in all forms and they give me the mail, I dont wanna put the address that I live with my fiance because the mail here will get lost is no good.

Timeline

Just use your family address. All that you want to be sure of that the mail being sent by the Embassy will not be lost. If you are ever asked why are you using your family address and not your current address,  then, you can explain that is the only way for you to be sure the mail will not be lost. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.