Farz

Spouse Visa processing in Bangladesh (merged topics)

206 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Freedom4evr said:

It's complicated. The answer for most people is no. 

However, it's possible but your spouse must have social security number or ITIN.

I think your spouse is expected to come to USA in May or June.

I suggest that you file IRS Form 4868 asking IRS to extend your deadline to October 16, 2017. And when your spouse comes to USA and get SOcial security number, just file joint return. 

Thats what plan to do.

(you can ask a CPA for better tax advice)

https://www.irs.gov/individuals/international-taxpayers/nonresident-spouse-treated-as-a-resident

My spouse lives in US, iam the applicant.. my husband paid tax as married in the year 2016, that is the year when we got married, but now that he has to file tax, how can he show me as dependent without my ssn?? Did you pay tax last yr as married??

2 minutes ago, Farz said:

My spouse lives in US, iam the applicant.. my husband paid tax as married in the year 2016, that is the year when we got married, but now that he has to file tax, how can he show me as dependent without my ssn?? Did you pay tax last yr as married??

I am guessing your husband changed his tax withholding with his company as married. As a result, less tax was withheld.

you must have SSN or ITIN for him to claim you.

i paid taxes as individual. I will get a bigger refund since I overpaid taxes.

I am guessing your husband changed his tax withholding with his company as married. As a result, less tax was withheld.

you must have SSN or ITIN for him to claim you.

i paid taxes as individual. I will get a bigger refund since I overpaid taxes.

Ok.. i have a valid tourist visa and i have visited usa couple of times.. do you think i can visit my spouse while my immigrant visa is pending.. iam super confused

6 minutes ago, Farz said:

Ok.. i have a valid tourist visa and i have visited usa couple of times.. do you think i can visit my spouse while my immigrant visa is pending.. iam super confused

Yes, you can. 

Your husband lives in California? Lucky you. I love That state, beautiful weather.

The weather here in New York City is terrible.

Yes, you can. 

Your husband lives in California? Lucky you. I love That state, beautiful weather.

The weather here in New York City is terrible.

I dont know why the laywere discourages?? Bujtisi na ki korbo, despite having the visa, iam still scared to be returned back..

7 minutes ago, Farz said:

I dont know why the laywere discourages?? Bujtisi na ki korbo, despite having the visa, iam still scared to be returned back..

I read few articles online , they all agree that you can visit if you have valid tourist visa

55 minutes ago, Freedom4evr said:

Cool. 

@Shouvic and I will be visiting Dhaka as soon as our wife get visa. 

Welcome bro, we will meet then. 

4 minutes ago, Freedom4evr said:

I just called nvc. No interview date yet.

I think I will stop calling.

Same here bro eventhough we want to talk with supervisor but they don't let us to talk. Pathetic 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.