Anayaa

Interview for green card

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi this is Anaya, I filled for K1 visa after so many steps now me and my husband got an interview letter for my green card,I wanted to know that what kind of questions asked by immigration officers in an interview kindly help me as I don't have any idea about it.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

It is called an "interview".. Not a "pop quiz". Interviewers have a base fountation of what to ask interviewees then use their training and experience from there. Interview is a derivative of Investigate. They are trying to verify the validity of your relationship. Petitioners are not required to attend interviews, but if at all possible, it's a good idea.

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

They honestly just ask basic questions and depending on who you get interviewing you, they may try and throw curve ball questions just to see how you will answer (this is where they catch people not telling the truth)

the guy interviewing my husband and i asked basic stuff like "what job do you have?" And "what's your husbands birthday?" "How did you meet?"

It's a lot less stressful than you think :) Good luck

K1-VISA POE: February 20, 2015.

~Married: April 13, 2015!!~

AOS: I485/I765/I131 Forms Sent: 06/23/15
Notice Of Action for all forms: 07/01/15
Biometrics Appointment sent: 07/01/15
Biometrics Appointment date: 07/21/15

Case Status Via Online: As of JULY 28, 2015 we are ready to schedule interview.

EAD/AP Approved: 08/27/15

EAD Mailed: 09/01/15

EAD Received: 09/04/15

Green card interview : nov 2015

2 year green card received: 12/22/15

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Thank you so much guardian and  Erin441 for encouraging words it's so helpful as if they are asking simple questions to verify the validity of our relationship then it's ok because I hope they could judge the couples and their relationship sincerity in few minutes. Appreciated if I could have some more examples of questions asked ?

The questions more than likely will concern about your relationship. They may also ask personal questions about each of you individually 

If you want an ides of the others kinds of questions, there is an article on this website with sample interview questions.

Try typing in "sample green card questions" or "green card interview" in the search bar. 

Hope this helps 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.