shorouq123

AOS interview completed yesterday

1 post in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

After all that waiting we finally got to attend our aos interview yesterday at Pittsburgh PA office. The interview went a lot smoother and a lot less complicated than I ever expected. :D

My husband and I showed up in the building about 15 min early and went through security smoothly. We handed the interview notice and then only got to sit down for 10 min max before we got called into the interview room. 

The interviewer was a very nice lady. She made sure we raise our right hand and swear to tell the truth and nothing but the truth. She sked for IDs and then proceeded with the interview. She was very friendly and not too serious. She mentioned that she knows that normally interviewers ask about the marriage and everything but the only thing that really matters that we actually got married. She did not ask any question about how we met, wedding nor living situation or anything of that sort at all. 

She went through our file to make sure all the papers are complete and verified our information are correct. She compared my original birth certificate to the copy. She looked through both my old and current passport. She asked for a copy of my passport and the entry stamp for my recent entry using advanced parole. She asked me few casual questions about the denied entry when I tried entering  using a tourist visa to meet my mother in law while the k1 is pending but she did not get into it too much only made few notes in the file. She did say that they might need a passport picture of my husband in file and we were not prepared for that as I don't recall them ever asking for such thing. She said that might trigger and RFE. :(

She did not ask for any additional papers at all even though we were prepared with a lot of extra relationship evidence and photo album.Therefore, I asked her to add few family pictures with my in laws some during the holidays and a couple picture of me and my husband and our cat. I also added the rings receipts and the shared phone plan bill that has my name, my husbands and his brother on it. I did notice the shared checking and savings account papers were missing from the file even though I'm certain of submitting so I gave her copies. She said paper tend to get lost when handled by many people!!! <_<

After that, she said well that should be all and before ending the interview she said a decision is still to be made and she can't tell us how long it might take for someone to review the file and there is still some security checks to be made.... etc. Then, she gave us a paper about how to remove conditions in two years. The paper also had (what to expect after interview) section.

That was all there is to it. I felt like I was stressing for months and months over nothing. The interview is beyond easy and short. It only took about half an hour and we were out the door.

I'd like to think that we are approved even though she did not say that. I'm hoping for the best!

My status check as of today still says interview been scheduled.

Let me know what you guys think about our experience? Do you think that kind of interview is probably approved judging by the paper she gave us?

Thanks for reading and sorry if it was too long.

I do hope I made someone less nervous about the interview! :)

Edited by shorouq123
add info

iuV9m4.png

ROC journey!

2018-10-09   Filed ROC 1-751

2018-10-17   E-notification - RECEIVED

2018-11-13   NOA1- RECEIVED

2019-06-22   Biometrics letter - RECEIVED

2019-07-01   Biometrics appointment

2019-08-02   RFE

2019-08-23   RFE response was received

2019-09-04   Status changed to Card Being Produced!

Last signature update: 2019-09-05.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.