SaRy

How Are Beneficiaries Contacted for the K1 Interview in Casablanca?

8 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hello,

I was wondering how are K1 Beneficiaries contacted by the US Consulate in Casablanca for their interview: by mail, email, phone or text?

Edited by SaRy

~~~

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

We were contacted by email. Actually, I emailed the consulate once I knew they had our case in hand, and they responded within a day with an interview date, instructions for the medical appointment and what to bring to the interview. 

12/28/2015 Sent in I-129F by USPS Priority Mail

01/04/2016 NOA1 (electronic notification)

02/23/2016 RFE sent by USCIS - missing letter of beneficiary's intention to marry. Received several days later

03/01/2016 Sent in Reply to RFE by USPS Express Mail

03/04/2016 USCIS Receives Reply to RFE

03/16/2016 NOA2 (electronic notification)

03/22/2016 NOA2 (hard copy received in mail)

04/21/2016 NVC forwards case to US Consulate in Casablanca

04/25/2016 Consulate receives petition according to DHL tracking

04/28/2016 Email to Consulate with questions

04/29/2016 Received reply from Consulate (within seven hours) with interview date, instructions, list of doctors (Packet 3 and 4 combined?)

05/05/2016 Medical

05/20/2016 Interview in Casablanca! (Admin Processing😥)

12/29/2016 Phone call - approved!

02/06/2017 Entry into United States (JFK)

02/14/2017 Married 💍💍

02/06/2018 AOS Interview (Under Review but approved days later)

03/05/2019 Our babies are born 👶👶👫

Soon... Sending I-751 ROC Packet

Timeline

Hello Julia,

Thank you very much for your reply. That sounds very efficient, and it's also a great tip! 

Thanks again and Happy New Year 2017! :)

~~~

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

We were contacted by email too - it took about a month after the NVC sent out case over and then the interview has been scheduled 6 weeks after. I think I emailed once a week until we got a response about the interview date. I thought emailing that frequently was "bothering" them but then found out after the fact that there are others who were emailing daily! 

There's a Facebook group for those going through the K1 process in Morocco - it's all in Darija - if you message me I'll ask my other half to send me the link if your fiance wants to check it out. 

Timeline

Hello,

Thanks for your reply, I appreciate it!

And yes, please go ahead and give me the link to that FB Page/Group (by PM please if external links are not allowed here). FYI, I am the beneficiary, so I do speak Darija ;) 

~~~

• 5 weeks later...
Timeline
On 1/2/2017 at 6:19 PM, EandH0904 said:

There's a Facebook group for those going through the K1 process in Morocco - it's all in Darija - if you message me I'll ask my other half to send me the link if your fiance wants to check it out. 

Hi EandH0904, When you get a chance can you please share the FB link with me, as well?  Thank you!

Edited by brahimi

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

https://m.facebook.com/groups/1606173629688226?tsid=0.8354745155369149&source=typeahead

this is the group. I started emailing the embassy when I knew they had our case.  It took the embassy like 2 weeks to message me back after my first email.  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.