espared12

I-751 January 2017 Filers

2,600 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, AnGeLxX said:

Hey, I got a RFE in march and was approved in April.  We also didn't have a mortgages or utility bills in both our names. So we wrote a letter explaining our situation why we don't have it. We had a few family members writing an affidavit and they also got it notarized. Anyways after I got approved something went wrong and never received my Green card, so they told me to file for a I-90 which I did on 6/1/2018 and still waiting for an update after I requested an expedite 6/15.  

Good luck with your case. 

That's good to know. Everything was set up when I arrived in US, house, car etc. So, my name is not there in bills etc. and never saw the need to change. We will include letter from family here as well. I hope you receive your green card soon. Thank you

21 hours ago, Charly2 said:

I didn't use a lawyer...I had such a horrible experience with the first lawyer I hired when filing I751 the first time, that I decided to do it myself this time. I hope I didn't make any mistake :unsure: otherwise.... Better to thin positive! lol.

i believe using a good lawyer help but you need to be on top of him like call every other week ask him about the case because at the end of the day his human and he will forget 

17 hours ago, McLez said:

How long did you wait after filed I-751? Did you do biometrics again? I received NOA a week after I filed (3/13/18) stated that I doesnt need to do Biometrics , that they gonna use the old one and cant be refund. How long did you wait for your card? Tnx and Congtas

I just filed the I751, have not applied for citizenship yet.

My NOA date was 1.28.2018.

regards

Steve

On 7/12/2018 at 9:22 PM, Charly2 said:

I remembered you, John. Sorry to hear that, sounds long! They might decide way before that, crossing fingers! Keeps us posted.

Guess the case inquiry stirred some things up. Have an appointment next month at my local office for I guess the 'Interview'.
Letter said to bring all kinds of documents originals and copies and family photos.

John

5 hours ago, Steve1986 said:

Today I to this in my USPS informed digest- daily mail snapshots.

regards

Steve

Letter.jpg

Looks more impressive than what I had in my digest mail from USPS this morning.

John

Capture.JPG

2 minutes ago, JohnInTX said:

Looks more impressive than what I had in my digest mail from USPS this morning.

John

Capture.JPG

Ya got the letter this morning, checked it, it is an approval letter saying, I will receive the green card within 60 days.

let's see.

regards

Steve

Mine was a letter for an appointment next month. So still waiting but at least things are moving once again since May 1st.

John

1 hour ago, JohnInTX said:

Mine was a letter for an appointment next month. So still waiting but at least things are moving once again since May 1st.

John

You'll be fine, I am glad for you. Just bring everything under the sun, all papers and more. It's a lot and a little annoying but you don't want to facilitate their job and make the rest of the process to go as smooth as possible. You're gonna be okay. :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
Please ya'll i file my case in Jan 20 2017 i havent heard noithing after the notcie of action can anybody explain why is taking so long and how do know what month are they working on now ?

5 hours ago, JohnInTX said:

John

John are you from Texas , when did you apply for you I751 ? I live in Texas too and haven’t received anything yet 

3 hours ago, Asilarmani said:

John are you from Texas , when did you apply for you I751 ? I live in Texas too and haven’t received anything yet 

I applied at the CSC on October 24 2016.

Nothing until February 26, than end of March RFE and finally May 1st transfer to another office that now has jurisdiction  (NBC)

John

8 hours ago, aidenme said:

Please ya'll i file my case in Jan 20 2017 i havent heard noithing after the notcie of action can anybody explain why is taking so long and how do know what month are they working on now ?

I-751 cases have the lowest priority. They box them up and put them in storage. Once they take them out again you probably get the 'received by local office' message.

At processing times you can see how long it can take. Last time I checked it was 17-19 months.

You can start a case inquiry if you feel it takes too long.

John

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Hi all,

I have been dormant for sometime but still reading the forum. Nice to see activity pick up for CSC filers. I got a notification today - citizenship interview scheduled! Waiting for the letter now. My details:

- filed 751 at CSC Jan 2017 (still pending)

- filed N400 Jan 2018

- May 1st 751 file got transferred to NBC in Lee summit

I will go with my spouse to the interview and take all documentation possible. Anyone have tips for the interview? I wonder if they will approve both applications or will tell me wait for 751 to first get approved...

On 7/18/2018 at 7:55 PM, JohnInTX said:

I did send in joint car lease contract, car insurance with both our names, health insurance with both our names. After receiving the RFE they transferred my case to the NBC. Still waiting on further development since may 1st.

John

Same i just got this email below from DHS site .. Anyone went trough this .. Please Advice how to handle it properly.. what to send to them 

*** DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS E-MAIL *** 

There has been a recent processing action taken on your case. 

Receipt Number: WAC171380xxxxx

Application Type: I751, PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONS ON RESIDENCE 

Your Case Status: Request for Evidence 

On July 18, 2018, we mailed a request for additional evidence for your Form I751, PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONS ON RESIDENCE, Receipt Number WAC171380xxxx. The request for evidence explains what we need from you. We will not take action on your case until we receive the evidence or the deadline to submit it expires. Please follow the instructions in the request for evidence. If you do not receive your request for additional evidence by August 17, 2018, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request a copy. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address. 

A request for evidence is made when an application/petition is lacking required documentation/evidence (initial evidence) or the officer needs more documentation/evidence (additional evidence) to determine an applicant's eligibility for the benefit sought. We may send you a request for evidence at any stage of our review. The request will indicate what evidence or information is needed for us to fully evaluate your application or petition. The notice will explain where to send the evidence and will give the deadline for your response. Your application or petition will be held in suspense during that time. If you receive a request for evidence and have questions about what you need to submit, you may call our National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.